PDA

View Full Version : Jim Parque...retired

BigEdWalsh
06-26-2004, 07:01 AM
Man, I thought he retired a long time ago. Yahoo reported yesterday that Jim Parque of the Arizona Diamondbacks retired.:dunno:

LuvSox
06-26-2004, 07:44 AM
Only 5 years 'til the HOF, Jimmy!!!!!!!!!

Viva Magglio
06-26-2004, 08:28 AM
Man, I thought he retired a long time ago. Yahoo reported yesterday that Jim Parque of the Arizona Diamondbacks retired.:dunno:
Best moment of the Jim Parque Era: His anti-Mariotti Manifesto.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-26-2004, 09:05 AM
Parque retired? No way! We always need more help parking cars around the Cell. :wink:

:butter :jaime :valet
"Park your car, sir?"

SoxxoS
06-26-2004, 09:05 AM
He was a gamer that pitched his ass off in the 2000 playoffs. GL with the rest of your life, butter.

cheeses_h_rice
06-26-2004, 11:36 AM
Parque retired? No way! We always need more help parking cars around the Cell. :wink:

:butter :jaime :valet
"Park your car, sir?"
George, there's a guy at my company who sets up new employees' computers...his name is Jaime Navarro.

:o::o::o: <<======= my reaction when I saw his name on an e-mail

Viva Magglio
06-26-2004, 01:51 PM
George, there's a guy at my company who sets up new employees' computers...his name is Jaime Navarro.

The Jaime Navarro? He'd be the baseball equivalent to SNL's "Nick Burns the Computer Guy."

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-26-2004, 02:58 PM
:butter wow his career really went downhill after the injury.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-26-2004, 03:00 PM

Cool. I can hear him now...

:jaime
"Hey I can't compute for these guys, I just plug 'em in! And one measly lunch break is not enough!"

SOXSINCE'70
06-26-2004, 04:52 PM
Thanks for beating the Yankmees in New Yawk on Father's Day (and bat day) 2000.That 17-4 victory capped a 7-0 road trip against the Tribe and Yankmees.:D: :D:

Brian26
06-26-2004, 05:36 PM
I'll always like Parque for the way he played for us in 2000, especially in the May game against Detroit when the brawls started. He battled hard in the playoffs for us too and gave the team a chance to win Game 1.

idseer
06-26-2004, 06:01 PM
i really thought he'd be the next billy pierce. i guess i was a little off there.

gl jim.

Lip Man 1
06-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Jim physically didn't have a real good chance in today's game. The size difference in baseball even without steroids is incredible from fifty years ago.

Considering he was a second (?) round draft pick that was another major gamble for that high a selection.

Lip

cheeses_h_rice
06-26-2004, 11:19 PM
I'll always like Parque for the way he played for us in 2000, especially in the May game against Detroit when the brawls started. He battled hard in the playoffs for us too and gave the team a chance to win Game 1.
Good point. I'd sort of buried Parque's gutsy performance in the back of my head, since the Sox wound up losing that game. But yeah, I believe he was hurt at the time and really battled. Too bad Foulke served up a meatball to Olerud in the 10th...

StockdaleForVeep
06-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Good point. I'd sort of buried Parque's gutsy performance in the back of my head, since the Sox wound up losing that game. But yeah, I believe he was hurt at the time and really battled. Too bad Foulke served up a meatball to Olerud in the 10th...
:jerry
"Butter or Parque?"

I gotta say, i loved his sun times columns he wrote, and how he went into details on how he had a zit on his forehead day before a game.