PDA

View Full Version : more fans?

soxpride1983
06-26-2004, 12:14 AM
i was woundering who had more fans today at the game i was unable to watch it cause of work, from what i seen from highlights there seemed to be more cubs fans i cant stand to see that but somebody please tell me there were more sox fans.

The Cheat
06-26-2004, 02:34 AM
I watched the game, didn't get to attend, and it was hard to tell...

On the Channel 7 news though they reported quote "USCF was full, about 2/3's of it was Cubs fans":rolleyes:

Take it for what it's worth... More Cubbie propoganda.

munchman33
06-26-2004, 07:49 AM

On the Channel 7 news though they reported quote "USCF was full, about 2/3's of it was Cubs fans":rolleyes:

I was there, and the Cubs fans were in abundance. But definately not even half. They were just louder, for obvious reasons.

Fungo
06-26-2004, 08:22 AM
I'd be surprised to see many cubs fans at the Cell Sunday. They have a parade to go to, don't they? :redneck

harwar
06-26-2004, 08:38 AM
They were all spread out around the park.It must have looked like it was all cub fans on tv judging by some of these comments.Also,there wasn't that highly charged environment like there sometimes is(the kind you feel in a bar before a big fight)that can lead to trouble.

The Critic
06-26-2004, 08:51 AM
When Grudzielanek hit his homer, it looked on TV like the entire left field seating area was full of Cub fans. Then when PK hit his bomb, it looked like about 1/2 the crowd out there were Sox fans. Weird optical illusion....

Viva Magglio
06-26-2004, 08:54 AM

:giangreco
"They followed the memo I left before I took my unpaid week off."

Mickster
06-26-2004, 09:21 AM
I was at the game and I like other WSI'ers believe that there were approx. 15K Sox fans to 25K Cubs fans. How could this happen??? For all of the Sox fans who got tickets through season ticket packages to by buying extra tickets through your season ticket reps so that you could sell them on Stubhub or Ebay... SHAME ON YOU! The turnout for Sox fans was nothing short of PATHETIC! :angry:

Cellview22
06-26-2004, 09:38 AM
How was one able to purchase tix for this weekend? I never completely understood, but I know it was definitely different than previous years.

They should make it easier for Sox fans. They should announce DURING THE SOX HOME OPENER (at the Cell and on tv) that crosstown classic tix go on sale after the game, giving Sox fans first grabs. That way it would be 90%+ Sox fans.

The Critic
06-26-2004, 09:44 AM
How was one able to purchase tix for this weekend? I never completely understood, but I know it was definitely different than previous years.

They should make it easier for Sox fans. They should announce DURING THE SOX HOME OPENER (at the Cell and on tv) that crosstown classic tix go on sale after the game, giving Sox fans first grabs. That way it would be 90%+ Sox fans.
That's a really good idea, actually.
Then announce the on-sale date to the "general public" a day or two later - to let the word-of-mouth spread among Sox fans before the "enemy element" finds out.

jabrch
06-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Yesterday was the reason. I sit half the time in the lowers and half the time in the uppers. After being there yesterday, and having to wait in huge huge huge lines to go take a leak, I fully understand why only those who pay for a LD ticket (or season ticket holders) are allowed there.

(I went down to the BPSB to go pee - it took less time than waiting at any of the bathroom lines.)

Wealz
06-26-2004, 10:34 AM
It's impossible to even come close to accurately approximating the number of fans each team had at the game based on cheering or how many of each team's fans were sitting "around you".

Mickster
06-26-2004, 10:41 AM
It's impossible to even come close to accurately approximating the number of fans each team had at the game based on cheering or how many of each team's fans were sitting "around you".
I'm a season ticket holder who has gone to over 20 games this year and I and many others who were sitting in sepearte sections of lower and upper deck accurately approximated the numbers posted above.

jabrch
06-26-2004, 10:46 AM

That's why they call it APPROXIMATING.

kittle42
06-26-2004, 11:03 AM
I'd be surprised to see many cubs fans at the Cell Sunday. They have a parade to go to, don't they? :redneck
I'll have you know I am going to that parade.

Fridaythe13thJason
06-26-2004, 11:08 AM
I'll have you know I am going to that parade.
Same here.

And for anyone who complains about Cubs fans being there, then GO GET YOURSELF SOME TICKETS. The Cubs fans didn't have a special "in" to get tickets. They just went out and got them. GMAB.

Blueprint1
06-26-2004, 12:28 PM
you guys are nuts there were more sox fans at the game than cubs fans. Yes there were alot of cubs fans but way more sox.