PDA

View Full Version : Cubs game - Ouch!!!

dimaisback
09-23-2001, 05:20 PM
Alou hit a bullet that hit 3 feet BELOW the yellow line and bounced OVER into the seats. Umps first ruled it a ground-rule double which would have tied the game, but later reversed their decision to put Astros on top 7-6.

Oh, yeah, Sosa has 3 homers in 3 at-bats. I figure he is a lttle better than Maggs.,

FarWestChicago
09-23-2001, 05:29 PM
Oh, yeah, Sosa has 3 homers in 3 at-bats. I figure he is a lttle better than Maggs.,
:maggs

You should really do Pepsi instead of Nandrolone, Sammy. Look what happened to Lyle Alzado. That stuff is bad for your health.

stosh
09-23-2001, 05:54 PM
Granted, it should have been a ground rule double but two batters later there was a double in the gap so Alou scores anyway. But to hear the whiners in the booth talk that missed call was the whole game. Really love when the Flubs lose!!!! As far as the biggest jack-off in baseball goes, ya he hit 3 dingers but what did he do when they needed him? That's right he does what he always does----choke. These National League parks are a joke. Frisco has a right field at 309. C'mon that's not even warning track at Comiskey. If Suckso stays with the Sox his whole career, he probably hits 100 or more fewer homers. I'll still take Mags with his better average, fewer strike outs and better defensive play in right. Back to the whiners, if they wanna bitch then bitch about that basket in Wrigley. Talk about cheap home runs!

HootieMcBoob
09-23-2001, 06:15 PM
you shoulda heard Gail Fischer in the post-game show...

"Well I don't see how hitting the top of the wall and going over is any different than hitting the ground and going over."

aaaaghh - I hate people that don't know anything about baseball.

Even the Chimp himself said there was no ground rule for what happened, and it shoulda been a dinger. The next guy doubled anyway, so Alou would have scored from 2nd.

dimaisback
09-23-2001, 09:10 PM
I'll still take Mags with his better average, fewer strike outs and better defensive play in right. Back to the whiners, if they wanna bitch then bitch about that basket in Wrigley. Talk about cheap home runs

You are an ***** and here's why:

1. Sammy is hitting 15 points higher than Maggs. If you average out the three seasons, Sosa's average is still higher. Care to compare their OBP #s this year? I didn't think so...

2. Who cares about strikeouts if the man drives in 160 RBIs in the line-up that has/had Coomer hitting clean-up?!

3. Maggs is NOT a better defensive player anymore. While he does get better jumps than Sammy, Sosa has a much better arm to balance things out. And I have seen enough blunders by both to claim that they are BOTH below-average defensive RFs overall. If you disagree, I'd suggest you watch Ichiro, Dye, Abreu, Guerrero and S.Green among others in action.

4. Oh, so you think that NL parks are easie to hit in? How about Camden, Park in Arlington, Jake, Tropicana, Twinkidome, Fenway, Bronx Zoo and a few others that are fair at best? Besides, you also managed to overlook 1 little fact: sammy averages 415+ feet a homer

PS and the wind blows OUT of Wrigley 65% of the games.

My strong dislike of Sammy's personality doesn't prevent me from objectively judjing his ability. Geez, the man

dimaisback
09-23-2001, 09:48 PM
I wish someone would defend this guy and Maggs...or is it THAT unilaterally obvious that Sammy is a superior player?

dimaisback
09-23-2001, 09:49 PM
if you average out 3 seasons...

No, I'll do you one better, literally: average out the fiest 4 seasons in case the first three were a fluke.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-23-2001, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by dimaisback
I wish someone would defend this guy and Maggs...or is it THAT unilaterally obvious that Sammy is a superior player?

Okay.

In spite of all the zingers Shammy has slugged at Small Fry Park, Magglio Ordonez has achieved what Shammy still hasn't: a division crown. If those damned homers were so friggin' important why did the Cubs back into a wild-card spot in '98? Why is hitting 3 zingers today still make the Cubs losers in a game they had to win today? All those homeruns and the Cubs still haven't won jack the last four seasons. If Shammy is the superstar his defenders claim he is, how can that be? What, precisely, is the game all about?

Baseball is still a team game and no amount of showboating, hot dogging, and loopy from-the-heels swings by an egomaniac can EVER change that.

Feel better?

cheeses_h_rice
09-23-2001, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

In spite of all the zingers Shammy has slugged at Small Fry Park, Magglio Ordonez has achieved what Shammy still hasn't: a division crown. If those damned homers were so friggin' important why did the Cubs back into a wild-card spot in '98? Why is hitting 3 zingers today still make the Cubs losers in a game they had to win today? All those homeruns and the Cubs still haven't won jack the last four seasons. If Shammy is the superstar his defenders claim he is, how can that be? What, precisely, is the game all about?

Baseball is still a team game and no amount of showboating, hot dogging, and loopy from-the-heels swings by an egomaniac can EVER change that.

Feel better?

:moron

Pay no attention, folks. This is just PHG doing one of his patented Jedi Mind Tricks again.

dimaisback
09-24-2001, 12:13 AM
Okay.

Feel better?

I do, though I didn't expect YOU of all people to put up so little a fight :)

What EXACTLY are you suggesting Sammy must do to propel the Cubs to the playoffs? Hit .300 instead of .320? 30 homers instead of 60+? 110 RBIs instead of 160? Walk 70 times instead of 115? Or maybe he should be bunting like Maggs so often does? Or get hit by a pitch like Biggio? MAYBE he should take his 20 Mil and give most of it back to the Cubs management so they can hopefully (wink-wink) re-invest it back into thus improving its chances at the post-season? Finally, maybe he should make those cool-looking yet useless slides Maggs does when he clearly misjudjes the short flyball? Tone down his arm so he can be a "team player"?

Any more suggestions? I am sure NOTHING can be sufficently rediculous when it comes to Sammy, right?

And what part of "wind blows OUT of Wrigley 65% of the time thus making it as tough tpo hit it as it is in Comiskey with short fences" don't you understand? Or maybe you weren't clear as to full ramifications of "Sammy's average hr distance is 415 feet"?

Remember, I never said Sammy was a "great guy"; I was only eluding to their effectiveness as players? And Sammy did take his overachieving '98 team to the postseason if I remember correctly. Am I going back too far and only this season counts? In that case Mark Mclemore is a FAR better player than Sammy since his Ms won many morte games than the Cubs...

FarWestChicago
09-24-2001, 12:21 AM
LOL, Dima. I suppose you were a big Ben Johnson fan, too. Wait, are you old enough to remember him? It's too bad Ben wasn't a baseball player. He would still have his gold medal.

dimaisback
09-24-2001, 12:24 AM
Ouch, West....I was about 7 when good ol' Ben blew your boy Lewis (who, some say, was also using the stuff only omre carefully and wasn't caught on the account of him being American) away at the Seul.....

As far as drugs go, give Maggs a year or two. Besides, your arguement is fair at all.

FarWestChicago
09-24-2001, 12:30 AM
The age thing wasn't meant as a dig. I just realized it was a while ago. Carl may have used the stuff. But, he didn't look like it and his times were consistent with normal progress. Ol' Ben had the huge drop in time and the muscles of a football player. Of course, the yellow eyes in Seoul didn't help.

I don't think Maggs will start juicing. He seems to be too much of a family man to risk his health like that. But, if he shows up some spring with 30 pounds of new muscle at his age, like Sham-ME, one would have to grow suspicious.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-24-2001, 12:30 AM
Put this in your pipe:

Maybe all the f***ing showboating by Shammy has the rest of the team thinking they really don't matter. Can't imagine where they would get that idea. What with Sammy holding out for more money in 1999 and 2000, then complaining about lack of protection in the batting order when his team is in FIRST PLACE in 2001.

Remember how Jordan was considered a selfish player when the Bulls always crashed and burned in the playoffs? That talk didn't stop until 1991 when the Bulls finally won a championship. It was Jordan learning to make his teammates BETTER that ultimately made him a champion and a true superstar. Shammy can't even win a lousy division crown. When it comes to superstar status, he's not even in Jordan's zip code.

So what has Sammy proven? Precisely jack. He's a loser and today's 3-dinger loss only proves the point. Didn't he do the hot dog routine after each one? So his teammates laid down; good for them to recognize the obvious. They don't matter! It's been obvious to the rest of us since 1998 when Sammy hit 66 and his team still only won the wild-card by the skin of their teeth.

What part of that don't you understand?

dimaisback
09-24-2001, 12:37 AM
Put this in your pipe:

Maybe all the f***ing showboating by Shammy has the rest of the team thinking they really don't matter. Can't imagine where they would get that idea. What with Sammy holding out for more money in 1999 and 2000, then complaining about lack of protection in the batting order when his team is in FIRST PLACE in 2001.

Remember how Jordan was considered a selfish player when the Bulls always crashed and burned in the playoffs? That talk didn't stop until 1991 when the Bulls finally won a championship. It was Jordan learning to make his teammates BETTER that ultimately made him a champion and a true superstar. Shammy can't even win a lousy division crown. When it comes to superstar status, he's not even in Jordan's zip code.

So what has Sammy proven? Precisely jack. He's a loser and today's 3-dinger loss only proves the point. Didn't he do the hot dog routine after each one? So his teammates laid down; good for them to recognize the obvious. They don't matter! It's been obvious to the rest of us since 1998 when Sammy hit 66 and his team still only won the wild-card by the skin of their teeth.

What part of that don't you understand,

LOL....I wonder which one of us is smoking a pipe right now, George.

Look, I am not campaigning for Sammy to become a mayor of Chcago nor am I necessarily saying thaqt Sosa should be the MVP this year over Bonds, for christ's sake! All I am saying is Sammy is a MUCH BETTER PLAYER THAN MAGGS AT THIS POINT OF HIS CAREER! You haven't argued A SINGLE POINT in favor of Maggs, and I can't imagine how you would. Too bad Sammy is not a wife-beater-- you might as well try that angle.

dimaisback
09-24-2001, 12:40 AM
course, the yellow eyes in Seoul didn't help

LOLOLOL!

I am afraid George is about to throw me out of this forum for saying something in Sammy's defense.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-24-2001, 12:41 AM

Too bad Sammy is not a wife-beater-- you might as well try that angle.

Stop :trolling, dimer. It's beneath a "Sox Fan" to do so here.

Fish ain't biting on this line of ****.

FarWestChicago
09-24-2001, 12:41 AM
I am afraid George is about to throw me out of this forum for saying something in Sammy's defense. George wouldn't do that. He's having fun.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-24-2001, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
George wouldn't do that. He's having fun.

Dimer would need to improve his trolling skills before that would happen.

"The rum bottle story is an awful hoax!"
:shammy

dimaisback
09-24-2001, 12:45 AM
When you see 5 armed personal guards around Sammy 25/7, you should know that it is because of indviduals like George.

dimaisback
09-24-2001, 12:47 AM
Dimer would need to improve his trolling skills before that would happen.

I am not trying to upstage you, miss Davis.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-24-2001, 12:47 AM
When you see 5 armed personal guards around Sammy 25/7, you should know that it is because of indviduals like George.

Isn't it a school night, Dimer? Go get some thrills kicking your dog or something.

dimaisback
09-24-2001, 12:49 AM
Isn't it a school night, Dimer? Go get some thrills kicking your dog or something.

No, I would rather sit by the fireplace that is your heart, sugar.

dimaisback
09-24-2001, 12:51 AM
Fish ain't biting on this line of ****.

Now there's the prime example of american corporate wit!

Randar68
09-24-2001, 12:21 PM
All I am saying is Sammy is a MUCH BETTER PLAYER THAN MAGGS AT THIS POINT OF HIS CAREER! You haven't argued A SINGLE POINT in favor of Maggs, and I can't imagine how you would.

Sammy's career numbers at Maggs' current age (27):

802 Games
738 of 2881 for a .256 avg
131 HR's
110 2B
27 3B
423 RBI
198 BB's
719 K's
159 SB's
65 CS

Maggs, "AT THIS POINT OF HIS CAREER!"

624 Games
713 of 2369 for a .301 avg
110 HR's
137 2B
9 3B
425 RBI
200 BB's
255 K's
63 SB's
24 CS

Dima, "AT THIS POINT OF HIS CAREER! " Maggs beats the living shiit out of Sammy So-so. Even in the speed category, Maggs SB% is much greater than Sammy's, and he's put up better or comparable numbers in 500 fewer AB's!!!

Get a F*cking clue before opening yer trap.

Also, on a career fielding note:

Maggs: .987 FPCT, 2.197 RF, .860 ZR
Sammy: .972 FPCT, 2.307 RF, .851 ZR

Pretty even numbers, buddy...

voodoochile
09-24-2001, 12:56 PM
Thought I'd weigh in with some rationality and (gasp) a small amount of support for Dima...

ShamMe is a horrible hotdog. He swings for the fences too much, whines too much and tends to think he is God's gift to baseball. He is the be all and end all of his own world and to most of the flubbie "faithful" too...

However, when looking at his stats this year you really cannot argue that he is having an amazing season.

His 1.158 OPS is a stat that sticks out so far above the norm as to be mind blowing. We all love to rave about 1994 and Frank's 1.2+ OPS... ShamMe's stats are on par with that year. He has finally learned some plate discipline and ha 107 walks this year. He did go through a rough stretch recently when he K'd more often, but honestly look at his protection, look at who else is driving runs in on that team (read: no one) and his stats stick out even more.

Can't say I want him on the team for the long run, but ShamMe doesn't have to justify his stats to anyone this year...

FarWestChicago
09-24-2001, 01:15 PM
Can't say I want him on the team for the long run, but ShamMe doesn't have to justify his stats to anyone this year...VC, in most other sports cheaters and drug abusers are vilified. I prefer to hold baseball to the same standard. I would like to know what Sham-ME's numbers this year would be like without years of pharmaceutical tuning.

voodoochile
09-24-2001, 01:20 PM
VC, in most other sports cheaters and drug abusers are vilified. I prefer to hold baseball to the same standard. I would like to know what Sham-ME's numbers this year would be like without years of pharmaceutical tuning.

Okay, but has anyone ever "proved" that ShamMe is on these drugs? I agree, it looks like it and I happen to agree that he is, but there is NO documentation, so all the speculation in the world won't make it so. It is worth as much as Dima's comment about Carl Lewis...

Besides, if ShamME is within the rules of the game, the rest doesn't matter. So far he hasn't been busted. Want to ban the stuff and make it harder for the athletes to use it, complain to Selig. Until baseball decides to do something about it, the rest doesn't matter...

FarWestChicago
09-24-2001, 01:25 PM
Okay, but has anyone ever "proved" that ShamMe is on these drugs? C'mon, his urine glows in the dark!

But, the main reason I even posted was to coax a response out of you that made you a WSI Personality.

voodoochile
09-24-2001, 01:29 PM
C'mon, his urine glows in the dark!

But, the main reason I even posted was to coax a response out of you that made you a WSI Personality.

FWC, I've always been a personality... Well, maybe crackpot would be a better description...

:)

FarWestChicago
09-24-2001, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

FWC, I've always been a personality... Well, maybe crackpot would be a better description...

Of course, but now you have the official title. :)

dimaisback
09-24-2001, 01:42 PM
I'll be nice to you out of respect, Randar. And, of course, you conveniently overlook a few things in your analysis, but that's ok - that's what hypocrites usually specialize in.

Let's see how Maggs and Sammy compare as far as the last 4 years are concerned (I KNOW for a fact that an intelligent person like you wouldn't want argue that Samy is the same player he was before '98 when he got heavier and, more importantly, SMARTER at the plate; nor would you try to compare them at the same age since it is highly IRRELEVANT AS TO THEIR ABILITY AND CONTRIBUTION TO THEIR TEAMS NOW):

Sammy:
avg. r h 2b 3b hr rbi bb obp slug

98 .308 134 198 20 0 66 158 73 .377 .647

99 .288 114 180 24 2 63 141 78 .367 .635

00 .319 106 193 38 1 50 138 91 .406 .634

01 .320 131 169 32 5 58 146 107 .431 .726

Maggs

98 .282 70 151 25 2 14 65 28 .326 .415

99 .301 100 188 34 3 30 117 47 .349 .510

00 .315 102 185 34 3 32 126 60 .371 .546

01 .302 91 167 38 1 30 106 63 .377 .537

For especially biased "Sox Fans" (PHG's term) here's the recap of what I am NOT trying to do:

- propose Sammy as a candidate for the mayoralty.
- nominate Sammy for the Humanitarian of the Year Award
- want my kid to grow up to be like Sammy
- prove that Sammy is better than Bonds
- acknowledge that Sammy should be the MVP this year
- troll the board

Here's what I AM saying:

- Sammy is 2 heads above Maggs as far as offense goes
- Wrigley is NOT easier to hit in than short-fenced, low-fenced Comiskey
- Since Sammy average nearly 415 feet a hr, all stadium arguements are immaterial
- Sammmy has no line-up protection
- defensively they are about equal if all factors are considered
- Sammy will be a first ballot HOFer
- the fact that Cubs missed/will miss playoffs in the last 3 years has NOTHING to do with Sammy
- just because Ms made playoffs, doesn't mean Mark Mclemore is a better player

Some of you know/knew me as an ardent Sammy basher. Well, I simply can't ignore the facts in favor of pseudo-arguements such as "Sammy is selfish and that's why Cubs are losing" or "Look at his fat neck; he should be disqualified and his place in HOF should be given to our lovable Magglio" any longer.

Randar, you are welcome to extrapolate, use fragmental evidence and insult me all you want :)

FarWestChicago
09-24-2001, 01:48 PM
here's the recap of what I am NOT trying to do:

- propose Sammy as a candidate for the mayoralty.
- nominate Sammy for the Humanitarian of the Year Award
- want my kid to grow up to be like Sammy
- prove that Sammy is better than Bonds
- acknowledge that Sammy should be the MVP this year
- troll the board Well, you are doing all of the above, with a great emphasis on trolling the board. So, why don't you put away your number 21 Sham-ME jersey, your floppy hat and your Flub's pom-poms and chill out. Another productive alternative would be to go and wax poetic about your boy on a Flubs board. They would love it.

:moron

Watch it, Dima. Waxing poetic about Sammy is my gig!

FarWestChicago
09-24-2001, 01:58 PM
Dima, please ask me to ban you one more time and I will comply.

dimaisback
09-24-2001, 02:01 PM
Ok, West, ban me for if refusing to give in to bias is wrong, I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT! :)

FarWestChicago
09-24-2001, 02:03 PM
Ok, West, ban me for if refusing to give in to bias is wrong, I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT!No, you will be banned for trolling if you don't stop trolling.

dimaisback
09-24-2001, 02:05 PM
lol....I don't even know what 'trolling' means, literally!

dimaisback
09-24-2001, 02:07 PM
ok, 'West, you win.

It it noce to see you erase my post TWICE though

PaleHoseGeorge
09-24-2001, 02:16 PM
lol....I don't even know what 'trolling' means, literally!

...I'll be nice to you out of respect, Randar. And, of course, you conveniently overlook a few things in your analysis, but that's ok - that's what hypocrites usually specialize in....

...Randar, you are welcome to extrapolate, use fragmental evidence and insult me all you want...

Dimer the Drag Queen Sox Fan!

*****!!!

If you're going to dress up like one of us, best to do it well. Ain't that right, troll?

dimaisback
09-24-2001, 02:23 PM
Pretty funny inference, George. Natasha would get a kick out of it.

I don't understand why someone would delete a harmless post that contains no expletives THREE times....is there a power struggle going on among the moderators that I don't know about? I wonder.

Randar68
09-24-2001, 02:24 PM
I'll be nice to you out of respect, Randar. And, of course, you conveniently overlook a few things in your analysis, but that's ok - that's what hypocrites usually specialize in.

I'm sorry, go to http://www.m-w.com and then come back here and explain to me where I was "Hypocritical"....

Here's one for you...saying, "All I am saying is Sammy is a MUCH BETTER PLAYER THAN MAGGS AT THIS POINT OF HIS CAREER!," and then backtracking by posting the last 3 years' stats regardless of age, experience, etc, and classifying it as "AT THIS POINT OF HIS CAREER", is not only an invalid arguement, but truly proves how stupid you are. I'm not saying Maggs will ever reach Sosa's numbers the last 3 years, but looking at career numbers, Maggs is superior, looking at their #'s through the same # of years/game/age, Maggs is still the better player. Looking at th elast 3 years, Sosa's better. However, that is not what you said, and I disproved your arguement that Sosa was a better player at the same stages of their careers, which is complete bunk. Maybe you should learn the English language a little better before plastering up words like "ignorant" and "hypocrite."

Here's what I AM saying:

- Sammy is 2 heads above Maggs as far as offense goes
And so is his head...

- Wrigley is NOT easier to hit in than short-fenced, low-fenced Comiskey

I'm sorry, but I have never, in my life, seen pop-ups to short RF that the second baseman could have caught, leave the park due to the wind at Comiskey.

- Since Sammy average nearly 415 feet a hr, all stadium arguements are immaterial
Can't really disagree with that. In Sammy's 3 3 HR games this year, the Cubs are 1-2...you figure it out...pointless HR's...

- Sammmy has no line-up protection
Well, by the numbers, you're right on....how many times have I seen him swing at 3-0 and 3-1 pitches NOWHERE near the strike zone....he has a lot of faith in his teammates, real team player...

- defensively they are about equal if all factors are considered
Agree

- Sammy will be a first ballot HOFer
.269 career average. If he has a couple more years like the last few, yes, but primarily because the media (the voters) loves the guy...

- the fact that Cubs missed/will miss playoffs in the last 3 years has NOTHING to do with Sammy
Throughout the History of organized sports, championships were always held in higher regards than individual accomplishments, both by the players and by greatest to play the games. Terry Bradshaw wasn't all that great a QB, but he was a good leader and knew how to win, something Sammy hasn't a clue about. There are more low-talent, giant-heart, great-leader, multiple champion HOF'ers throughout sports than guys who set single-season records or were good for only 3-5 years....

- just because Ms made playoffs, doesn't mean Mark Mclemore is a better player
No, because that team has chemistry and they believe in eachother. You show me one player on the Cubs that Sammy would take a walk to allow hit behind him if Sammy was the go-ahead run....Besides, we're comparing the best player/leader on a team, not a role player....

Randar, you are welcome to extrapolate, use fragmental evidence and insult me all you want :)
I'm sorry, but I like to compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges. Any time you want to support your statements with data and stats that accentuate it, not ignore your original claims, you're more than welcome to.

Hundley for Prez
09-24-2001, 02:36 PM
I despise Sosa as much as anyone, but I can not honestly say that Maggs is a better player. I know their comparisions by age are similar, but the pure numbers Sosa has put up over the last 4 years are phenomenal. Now we all know that Sosa has the uncanny ability to lead his team nowhere, and likely can not adjust his personality to fit in to a team of winners like the Yankees, Braves, or Mariners. However, with the exception of the two best hitters in baseball (Bonds and Giambi), he has been at the top of the heap this year as far as numbers go. Maggs has been consistently good, but does not approach Sosa's production, no matter how you spin it. I's sell my soul for Maggs to someday put up Sosa-like numbers in a Sox uniform, because we would be the best team in baseball. Of course Maggs would have to have suspiciously large muscles that would make Triple H envious to do that. Thank goodness for supplements, eh Sammy?

dimaisback
09-24-2001, 02:43 PM
By comparing "ogranized sports", you ARE comparing apples and oranges in the worst way possible.

You extrapolate, ignore my points on micro and macro level. THAT makes you a hypocroite since I very well know that you would use the last piece of semi-"evidence" if it were Maggs you weer talking about. Maybe you weren't clear as to the meaning, "Sosa is a much better player at THIS point of HIS career". You simply read what you wanted into and that also doesn;t help your"objective" case. I can bing a few more instances if you wish. And, yes, I ALWAYS wanted to use 3 or 4 year average in case sample of 1 season isn't enough. I thought I was clear on that from post 1.

The following serve as concrete proof that you use lame FRAGMETAL EVIDENCE, WHILE IGNORING THE ESSENSE OF THE POST. Too nad you can;t erase my post like West has done 3 times just now.

<<<<so is his head>>>>

Bias/troll alert: who gives a flying ****?!

<<<<I'm sorry, but I have never, in my life, seen pop-ups to short RF that the second baseman could have caught, leave the park due to the wind at Comiskey. >>>>

Bias again. I have seen Sammy hit line drives that would have surely cleared the fence at Comiskey bang HIGH of the wall for a double. When winds blows out of Wrigley (2/3ds of the imt e BTW), it is VERY hard to hit it out. I also used 415 feet stat to remind you that Sammy kills the ball so far (secod only to Mac), that no stadium could hold it, wind or no wind. That should effective;y kil your stadium "arguement"

<<<<In Sammy's 3 3 HR games this year, the Cubs are 1-2...you figure it out...pointless HR's... >>>>

Do you know how rediculous this one sounds?

FarWestChicago
09-24-2001, 02:50 PM
Dima, I am sorry. I have to temporarily ban you. I have to take care of some things and can't keep an eye on you. And, we all know you need to be watched to keep your trolling under control. I'll reinstate you when I get back. Sigh, it would be much easier if you didn't feel so compelled to troll Sox fans.

Randar68
09-24-2001, 03:24 PM
I despise Sosa as much as anyone, but I can not honestly say that Maggs is a better player

Hey, I am not arguing that Maggs is a better player, IMO, he's not. I'm being the Devil's Advocate, and Dima is stumbling over himself time and time again. Because he "respects"me, he calls me a hypocrite!!! LOL!!! Yeah, there's an oxy moron...

My whole point was to disprove Dima's original claim, "All I am saying is Sammy is a MUCH BETTER PLAYER THAN MAGGS AT THIS POINT OF HIS CAREER!" which is complete BS. At this point in their careers, either by age or experience, Maggs has been the far superior player. I cannot refute the rediculous numbers that Sosa manages to put up over the last 4 years and don't suggest Maggs will ever do so, but Dima can't admit that either he mispoke, I misunderstand his arguement, or simply that his arguement couldn't hold an ounce of water if it was in the middle of the sea....

Randar68
09-24-2001, 03:41 PM
When winds blows out of Wrigley (2/3ds of the imt e BTW), it is VERY hard to hit it out

Do you realize how stupid you sound??? Yeah, it's real hard to hit the ball out when the wind is blowing OUT 2/3rds of the time. Also, your distance arguement....Wrigley is the only place Sammy plays, half his games, where the ball frequently travels until it lands on level ground. HR's are measured from the plate to where they land. In a regualr stadium, the ball lands in the seats that rise at an angle and are anywhere from 10-50 feet above the ground, thus cutting a large chunk off their estimated distance. Therefore, your "415 foot" arguement, while I can't argue Sammy doesn't hit the ball a long ways, is very misrepresenting and inaccurate. Nobody here is saying half of Sammy's HR's are cheap-o's.

By comparing "ogranized sports", you ARE comparing apples and oranges in the worst way possible

Sorry, but you're joking, right? do you know how to make an arguement using stats??? Obviously not. Sammy is not 33 and has what, 12-13 years MLB experience??? Maggs has less than 5 years experience. Apples and Oranges Dima, apples and Oranges...funny how this hypocrite thing always seems to bite you in the arse, isn't it?

BTW, you clearly are misinterpreting the meaning of the word hypocrite. I may be misrepresenting or using the illusion of statistics, but by no means have I once been hypocritical in this arguement.

If you mean that Sosa currently has better numbers than Maggs, then say so, nobody in the World will argue with you. However, if you attempt to claim that at the same point in their careers, thus far, that Sosa is better, then you are off your rocker. In that arguement, it's completely invalid to use anything beyond Sosa's season at age 27.

So which is it? Sosa currently better, or Sosa better at same points in their careers???

PaleHoseGeorge
09-24-2001, 03:48 PM
I don't understand why someone would delete a harmless post that contains no expletives THREE times....is there a power struggle going on among the moderators that I don't know about? I wonder.

Trolls have NEVER been allowed here, not even cross-dressing trolls. If you think you have a right to troll here you are mistaken. If you think we won't humiliate you after you have been banned, you are mistaken twice over.

If you want to troll in safety, go to the troll board. I'm sure they would appreciate sending you a few pop-up ads.