PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Fans who were at the game thread

Viva Magglio
06-25-2004, 08:00 PM
I really don't know if this is a Sox Clubhouse or Parking Lot thread, but I am posting this here in the Sox Clubhouse. I was not at the Cell today, but I want to hear from those who were actually there today. Please describe for us what the scene was.

Mohoney
06-25-2004, 09:49 PM
I really don't know if this is a Sox Clubhouse or Parking Lot thread, but I am posting this here in the Sox Clubhouse. I was not at the Cell today, but I want to hear from those who were actually there today. Please describe for us what the scene was.

WAY too many Cub fans, all being as obnoxious as Gilbert Gottfried on hour 72 of a crystal meth binge. It made me want to puke.

Cellview22
06-25-2004, 09:51 PM
more than in recent years?

Mohoney
06-25-2004, 10:15 PM
more than in recent years?

WAY more. They must have invaded Stubhub or something.

MRKARNO
06-25-2004, 10:22 PM
WAY more. They must have invaded Stubhub or something.
I would guess that the 3 PM on a weekday factor led to that partially. I wasnt at today's game, but will be at Saturday's and Sunday's and I think (and hope) that I will see a lot of fellow sox fans there and not a lot of Cubs fans.

Cellview22
06-25-2004, 10:24 PM
That pi$$es me off.

How the heck did Cub fans get tix? It's just ridiculous. 42,000 Sox fans would've died to have been there. We could have sold out the entire weekend ourselves in 10 min.

It's a shame..remember 2 years back when Konerko hit a homer in that come from behind victory, Comiskey Park was up for grabs..I remember it looked like 75% Sox fans.

And now on Fox, they're interviewing Cub fans who are saying "there's more of us here than Sox fans". :angry: Ughhh. This infuriates me!

Mohoney
06-25-2004, 10:26 PM
I would guess that the 3 PM on a weekday factor led to that partially. I wasnt at today's game, but will be at Saturday's and Sunday's and I think (and hope) that I will see a lot of fellow sox fans there and not a lot of Cubs fans.

Yeah. I think you're right. We'll probably see all the Weekend Split-Season package holders the next 2 games.

Do you have the Double Play Plan Karno, or did you buy these tickets another way?

MRKARNO
06-25-2004, 10:38 PM
Do you have the Double Play Plan Karno, or did you buy these tickets another way?
My family buys into someone else's season ticket plan for 15 games. We used to get 20 (I know, not a big difference), but the offseason acquisitions were not inspiring enough for us to get more.

Viva Magglio
06-25-2004, 11:29 PM
The fact that the eyewitness reports indicate that FAR more Cub fans were there than in previous years enrages me. But it's a byproduct of Cub fans following the Greatful Dead fans' playbook. I wish there was a way we could ban Cub fans from there, but I don't think there is a legal way to do that. What I wish we could do is something akin to college football. At college football stadiums, the visiting team's fans sit in their own area of the stadium. Is there any way we can put all the Cub fans in their own area?

IlliniSoxFan
06-25-2004, 11:39 PM
Not sure about banning them, but you can kick 'em out of the stadium for pretty much any reason whatsoever.

1951Campbell
06-25-2004, 11:43 PM
I listened to the game on the 'net. It sounded 50/50. C'mon Sox fans, represent!

IlliniSoxFan
06-25-2004, 11:44 PM
If there were lots more Cubs fans there today, then they sure didn't make much noise. Other than the claps when something positive happened for the Cubs, I didn't hear any chants or any of the toolish "Cub-bies, Cub-bies" crap. I did, though, hear a few "Sam-me Sucks!" :)

starboy0
06-26-2004, 01:23 AM
From what I observed, I would say it was closer to 50/50 in fan support.

But the thing about the game that was just plain different than how we played them last year is that we looked sloppy on defense and Garland unraveled. It was not fun to watch.

But there were a couple of highlights: 1) Crede made a great play at 3rd 2) Carlos made a great play in the outfield 3) Konerko had a 3 run homer 4) Garland was mowing them down the first 4 innings

Things seemed pretty civil where I was (154; right at left field foul pole). A hoggette Cub fan wouldn't sit down and along with her friends kept smoking in the stands. Then, I hate to say it, her skanky Sox fan friend, wouldn't sit down either and was flippin' people off. But other than that row of morons, where I sat we were all having fun and taking turns cheering.

StockdaleForVeep
06-26-2004, 02:29 AM
That pi$$es me off.

How the heck did Cub fans get tix? It's just ridiculous. 42,000 Sox fans would've died to have been there. We could have sold out the entire weekend ourselves in 10 min.

It's a shame..remember 2 years back when Konerko hit a homer in that come from behind victory, Comiskey Park was up for grabs..I remember it looked like 75% Sox fans.

And now on Fox, they're interviewing Cub fans who are saying "there's more of us here than Sox fans". :angry: Ughhh. This infuriates me!
cuz most people are busy workin on a friday afternoon to enjoy the pleasures of a ball game. Had i not been attendin my fathers wake, i would be workin as well.

Query.....people claim how terrifying a neighborhood comiskey is...YET cub fans come to watch at comiskey. If its so dangerous, why would cub fans venture to a dangerous area to watch? Hm....maybe someone in the media should document that.

SouthBendSox
06-26-2004, 02:38 AM
make the world a better place

punch a flub fan in the face

:dtroll:

SSN721
06-26-2004, 08:13 AM
Unfortunately to me it seemed there were at least 50% Cub fans there yesterday. Even the club level was swarming with them. Most in my section were pretty civil. I definitely heard a lot of pro-Cub chanting though. Very sickening, I hope we have alarger block of seats at todays game. I am going today as well, so I guess I will just have to scream louder. :D:

whitesoxwin
06-26-2004, 09:20 AM
Toooooooo many Cuba fans........

All bitching about Miller Beer and no front row to see Sammy (except for the Bull pen bar deck & over the Bull pen)....no friggin' bleachers.

Too bad.

It made me sick to my stomach that the Sox organization had that damn ticket sale (10 pack or somthing) that the FLub fans bought up.

Why????

Should have made the tickets more available to the season holders (instead of upper deck) and made the Flub fans sit up there!

Now we have to hear the word "sweep" today and Sunday.

Sucks.

Prediction: Estaban will get the Flubs on Sunday and we will light up Maddux.

Gotta go....Go Sox!!!

Mickster
06-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Here is my post from a previous thread:

I was at the game and I like other WSI'ers believe that there were approx. 15K Sox fans to 25K Cubs fans. How could this happen??? For all of the Sox fans who got tickets through season ticket packages to by buying extra tickets through your season ticket reps so that you could sell them on Stubhub or Ebay... SHAME ON YOU! The turnout for Sox fans was nothing short of PATHETIC! :angry:

Cubbiesuck13
06-26-2004, 12:10 PM
cuz most people are busy workin on a friday afternoon to enjoy the pleasures of a ball game. Had i not been attendin my fathers wake, i would be workin as well.

Query.....people claim how terrifying a neighborhood comiskey is...YET cub fans come to watch at comiskey. If its so dangerous, why would cub fans venture to a dangerous area to watch? Hm....maybe someone in the media should document that.i say we don't do anything about the media. i say we make it dangerous for FLUB FANS! we can all see what the media says about that and then we can all not give a darn when they write about how dangerous it is. people like that stooge in the paper today painting himself blue and red should have gotten the beatdown outside the park along with those idiots waving the white flag with a blue 'W' on it.

alohafri
06-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Actually, the sCrUB fans sitting in front of us were pretty knowledgeable and pretty cool. Early in the game, a fly ball was hit to Corky in right, and I said to my father, "anything hit to that guy is an adventure." One of the Cub fans turned around and said, "you got that right."

Of course, a couple innings later, Gload did his best impersonation of Corky in the field.

cheeses_h_rice
06-26-2004, 12:34 PM
i say we don't do anything about the media. i say we make it dangerous for FLUB FANS! we can all see what the media says about that and then we can all not give a darn when they write about how dangerous it is. people like that stooge in the paper today painting himself blue and red should have gotten the beatdown outside the park along with those idiots waving the white flag with a blue 'W' on it.
That sounds like a capital idea, my chappie...:rolleyes:

Cubbiesuck13
06-26-2004, 12:35 PM
has anyone read in any of the papers about what the ratio of sox to cub fans at the day games will be? it seems like SVP(i think) had it right when he said that most sox fans, having to work and all, would miss the friday day games. hopefully sat and sun they will be able to take the days off and drowned out the flub fans.

Cubbiesuck13
06-26-2004, 12:39 PM
That sounds like a capital idea, my chappie...:rolleyes:
why not? the least we could do for the flub fans giving us this stereo type is to not make them out to be liars.

Over By There
06-26-2004, 01:12 PM
Seemed like about 50/50 to me yesterday.

Lots of Cub fans "parading" up and down the aisles over and over again. Why can't these people just sit down and watch the game. Oh, silly me, it's because they don't care about the game.

The thing I was most struck by was that it was alot more civil than I remember from last year - not as nasty of a atmosphere. There were some drillrods, but for the most part people were good natured. I was particularly surprised that the crowd was so quiet leaving the park - saw very few arguments.

cubhater
06-26-2004, 01:33 PM
Soxwon and I sat in the bleachers. There were lots more Cub than Sox fans around us. Really sickening!:angry:

Things were pretty civil as far as rowdiness between the fans, didn't notice any fights break out. Cub fans were a lot louder. Guess our failure to score against Prior in the first took away lots of enthusiasm.

I'm going to the rest of the games this weekend and hoping we take the series. Not looking too good with Diaz facing Zambrano though.

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-26-2004, 01:44 PM
I agree with everyone who was at the game. WAY too many scrub fans. Jesus. I was fortunate enough to be surrounded by sox fans 3 rows up, but still.
Hehe, during the 7th inning strech you could hear more "Root root root for the WHITE SOXX!" than "root root root for the cubbies". It was clearly louder. I enjoyed the game even though we have a crapload of errors. CUBS SUCK! Good luck to the sox on saturday

Fridaythe13thJason
06-26-2004, 02:25 PM
There are a lot of intelligent suggestions in this thread. "Make it dangerous." "Punch a flub fan in the face."

For a group of people who "don't care about attendance" this certainly seems to matter quite a bit. I would almost be more enraged if there were 42000 White Sox fans who spent money to come out for this sideshow of a series and never come to the park any other time. At least its clear that there are consistently 25,000 White Sox fans in this city...die hard and ready to go.