PDA

View Full Version : Levine: Sox Looking Forward to Facing Zambrano

Viva Magglio
06-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Bruce Levine in his postgame report mentioned that the Sox are looking forward to facing Carlos Zambrano tomorrow because of his antics.

If Zambrano does perform his antics, I think a White Sox player ought to put that showboating p**** in his place.

harwar
06-25-2004, 06:51 PM
Someone just remind Felix to pack his cureball when he leaves to come north.

WSox8404
06-25-2004, 06:52 PM
I hate that sonofabitch more than I hate Sosa at this point. I wish a line drive would smack him right in the nuts and put him on the DL for a long while. I would like to see him point to the sky when he is taken off the field in a stretcher. Stupid bastard.

HomeFish
06-25-2004, 06:52 PM
If Zambrano is as lights-out against us as he usually has been this year, he'll have every right to pull that crap, much as Valentin has every right to mock Sosa when he homers at Wrigley.

Don't like it? Score some runs. Or maybe catch some fly balls.

SOXintheBURGH
06-25-2004, 07:29 PM
I don't watch Cub games. Someone please fill me in on what Zambrano does?

Cubbiesuck13
06-25-2004, 07:33 PM
I hate that sonofabitch more than I hate Sosa at this point. I wish a line drive would smack him right in the nuts and put him on the DL for a long while. I would like to see him point to the sky when he is taken off the field in a stretcher. Stupid bastard.
well you did it, you made me laugh so hard people in the community computer lab looked over here.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Somehow this just strikes me as a lot of brave talk. It also reminds me of Tony Pena telling everyone the road to the A.L. Central Division championship passes through Kansas City.

Yeah, sure...

:smile:

nitetrain8601
06-26-2004, 12:17 AM
I hope there's a line drive right to his midsection so he has a reason to grab them after every pitch. :angry: I want someone to beam him. This would be the identical time to have a player run onto the field.

Fungo
06-26-2004, 08:32 AM
Somehow this just strikes me as a lot of brave talk. It also reminds me of Tony Pena telling everyone the road to the A.L. Central Division championship passes through Kansas City.

Yeah, sure...

:smile:Exactly. If Zambrano pitches like he has been all year, he shuts us down today, case closed.

The Critic
06-26-2004, 08:37 AM
If Zambrano is as lights-out against us as he usually has been this year, he'll have every right to pull that crap, much as Valentin has every right to mock Sosa when he homers at Wrigley.

Exactly 100% correct.
Psycho Zambrano won't have reason to pull his "antics" if the Sox slap him around today. If he dominates them, he can say and do whatever he wants. Whether it's mature or sportsmanlike is another story, but he CAN celebrate if he does his job.

bigdommer
06-26-2004, 08:37 AM

Zambrano is 1-0 against the Sox lifetime, with a 4.02 ERA. He also got a no decision in a game in which he lost. Not quite sure what qualifies as lights out.

white sox bill
06-26-2004, 09:06 AM
Piano points to the sky with his finger, usually after a SO as he walks to dugout. I have NO clue as to the meaning of that. Anyone?

dickallen15
06-26-2004, 09:15 AM
I wouldn't put it past Levineline to report that just to fire Zambrano up, not that he needs it, and make the Sox look bad if they don't get to him.

gosox41
06-26-2004, 10:16 AM
He pumps his fist a lot after he makes big outs. But my favorite is when he looks up at the sky and points. It's quite funny. He's a showboat plain and simple. But the Cubune marketing machine calls it youth.

I didn't see it, but I heard that when a player made an error behind him he threw his hat on the ground.

Bob

MRKARNO
06-26-2004, 10:39 AM
It's one thing for a closer or reliever to do that after the last out of an inning or game, but Zambrano does it for every inning! Gordon's Sky point was one thing, but it's just out of hand with Zambrano. He's a total headcase and if you get him out of his rhythm, you can get to him. I dislike Zambrano just as the Sox players do.

HomeFish
06-26-2004, 12:54 PM
I haven't seen Zambrano since the NLCS (when he had no reason to do the pointing routine), but, from written descriptions, I've started doing something similar in tennis, especially when I'm playing against Cub fans. Every time I score, I'll point up. This drives them nuts.

Of course, being Cub fans, most of them don't know who Zambrano is, so the irony is lost on them.

habibharu
06-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Bruce Levine in his postgame report mentioned that the Sox are looking forward to facing Carlos Zambrano tomorrow because of his antics.

If Zambrano does perform his antics, I think a White Sox player ought to put that showboating p**** in his place. well who wouldnt looks forward to facing zambrano, with this 2.2 ERA. god im afraid to watch this game. we could receive the beating of a lifetime!

Cubbiesuck13
06-26-2004, 02:00 PM
well who wouldnt looks forward to facing zambrano, with this 2.2 ERA. god im afraid to watch this game. we could receive the beating of a lifetime!
to quote someone more briliant than myself, that is why they play the games.

TDog
06-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Of course, being Cub fans, most of them don't know who Zambrano is, so the irony is lost on them.
Here's my impression of a Cubs fan visiting the cell, after finding his seat and complaining about the neighborhood and the fact that he can't find Old Style on tap.

"Yesterday's game was awesome. I hope Prior is pitching again today."

markp8867
06-26-2004, 03:07 PM

Zambrano has no right to pull any of that crap he does, especially in our house! If he wants to act like a jackass at The Gum then go right ahead. Sure, he is having a stellar half-season but it is just one half-season. The great pitchers don't need antics and those pitchers who do always fall by the wayside. We beat him last year and we will beat him this year too!