PDA

View Full Version : Would you exchange losing the Cubs series if it guaranteed a trip to the playoffs?

scottyl
06-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Hypothetical, of course.

mendozaln
06-25-2004, 06:35 PM
I'd exchange a sweep for a playoff trip, as painful as that would be in the short term. I think that'll be pretty much unanimous.

bluestar
06-25-2004, 06:37 PM
I would exchange a series loss (like I have any say in it!) for a playoff trip, and a sweep for a trip to the World Series.

Viva Magglio
06-25-2004, 06:38 PM
I voted no. A trip to the playoffs would be nice; don't get me wrong. However, I would only give up a series to the Cubs if I got a World Series championship in return.

harwar
06-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Its just another series against a tough team that we have to get by to win the division.

WSox8404
06-25-2004, 06:42 PM
This is a stupid question. Making the playoffs is everything. Who cares if we beat the Cubs. I mean we should care, but in comparison with making the playoffs, who cares? Because this may be the city series, but it is not the World Series.

fuzzy_patters
06-25-2004, 06:45 PM
This is a stupid question. Making the playoffs is everything. Who cares if we beat the Cubs. I mean we should care, but in comparison with making the playoffs, who cares? Because this may be the city series, but it is not the World Series.
Exactly, regardless of our outcome against the Cubs last year, they still had a better season because they were playing in October. That is what we need to do. Screw the Cubs. They are just 6 games like any others.

RKMeibalane
06-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Yes.

WSox8404
06-25-2004, 06:50 PM
White Sox Baseball

As good as SEX! At this point I am thinking, sex with what?

PaleHoseGeorge
06-25-2004, 07:19 PM
At this point I am thinking, sex with what?
I was thinking sex, but only the type with premature ejaculation.

:cool:

Jjav829
06-25-2004, 07:25 PM
I have no clue how anyone can say no. I would absolutely make that exchange. Anyone who has ever had an exchange with a Cub fan about the Sox winning last years season series knows that Cubs fans always reply with "Yeah, but who made the playoffs." At that point you know that you've been one-upped and the only response is to bring up their choking. The point being, who the hell cares who wins the season series if you make the playoffs. The Cubs/Sox series is fun and all, but the goal of any season is to win the World Series. To do that you must make the playoffs.

valposoxfan
06-25-2004, 07:39 PM
I was thinking sex, but only the type with premature ejaculation.

:cool:
Chalk it up for PHG. Any by the way, I would certainly take a series loss to make the playoffs.

doublem23
06-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Yes.

HITMEN OF 77
06-25-2004, 08:47 PM
Anyone who would rather beat the Cubs than go to the playoffs is not a Sox fan. Yes, there's nothing like beating the cross town Cubs and having bragging rights, but the playoffs is what these guys are playing the season for, not the 6 games against the Cubs.

cheeses_h_rice
06-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Does the Pontiff defecate in the wilderness?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

RedPinStripes
06-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Many of you who have not voted or the 4 who have for the dumb answer need to realize 1 thing. Yeah, **** the cubs, but the Twins are much more imortant. Cub fans are *******. Always have been , always will be. If we beat the Cubs 20 times in a row, they will still be *******s. Either way, the Sox need to win games. yes it does hurt to lose to the jagoffs on the north side, but this ****ty poll should have never been started. All it does is shows the Sox fans from the Cub haters.

Cubs suck............... Great ..yeah, funny. Who gives a **** what they do after this series and next weekend as long as the Astros and Cards keep wining????????? I sure dont. If i happen to see the scores on espn that the Sox won Minny lost Cards won and Cubs lost, yeah, it's a perfect day! As long as the Sox won and the TWINS lost, that's all that matters as die hard Sox fans. Until Sunday it really matters if the Cubs lost. **** these stupid polls.

vegyrex
06-25-2004, 10:28 PM
Only a World Series win would do.

1951Campbell
06-25-2004, 10:37 PM
If they were in our division, I'd even go 0-19 against them to win the WS. C'mon, gimme a ****ing break. This is a no-brainer.

Viva Magglio
06-25-2004, 10:42 PM
As far as a trip to the playoffs goes, we've been there and done that. And what happened, we failed. I want the whole g**damn thing. That is a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!

FarWestChicago
06-25-2004, 10:52 PM
As far as a trip to the playoffs goes, we've been there and done that. And what happened, we failed. I want the whole g**damn thing. That is a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!Breaking news: You have to get to the playoffs to win the World Series. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

samram
06-25-2004, 11:05 PM
They could sweep the Sox and shut them out in every game, but if the Sox were in the playoffs and making a run, I would completely forget what happened during these series. Beating the Twins is the most important thing.

Dan H
06-26-2004, 07:48 AM
We shouldn't have to make a choice. Of course getting to the playoffs is the main goal. But if the team is good enough to make the playoffs, they should be able to handle themselves against the Cubs. But to me, just making the playoffs isn't good enough, winning or losing to the Cubs. We have waited long enough for a World Series. But the Sox aren't going to beat the Cubs or go the playoffs unless they do something about this thin pitching staff.

The Critic
06-26-2004, 09:02 AM
The Cubs are irrelevant in the big picture.

Bragging rights are nice, I guess, but the playoffs are MUCH MUCH nicer.

SSN721
06-26-2004, 09:51 AM
DUMBEST. POLL. EVER.

Nothing can make up for losing to the Cubs

Mickster
06-26-2004, 09:58 AM
dumbest. Poll. Ever.
Couldn't. Agree. More.

TDog
06-26-2004, 03:02 PM
The Cubs are irrelevant in the big picture.

Bragging rights are nice, I guess, but the playoffs are MUCH MUCH nicer.
The Cubs are totally irrelevant. And nobody said last October that the Cubs weren't even the best team in Chicago because they lost four of six to the Sox during the summer.

The only time the Cubs fans care about how their team does against the Sox is when they win. Then they are total jerks about it. And that is the problem.

markp8867
06-26-2004, 03:15 PM
DUMBEST. POLL. EVER.

Nothing can make up for losing to the Cubs

I totally agree. If we lose to the Cubs, then really what chance would we have in the playoffs anyway?

dangler
06-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Only 100,000 for "Hell yes?"

doublem23
06-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Only 100,000 for "Hell yes?"
We don't want to make it look too suspicious. :cool: