PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6/25 Cubs-Sox post game thread!

Daver
06-25-2004, 06:07 PM
Have at it.

CLR01
06-25-2004, 06:09 PM
Post em here.

:whiner: :angry:

Cubbiesuck13
06-25-2004, 06:09 PM
like i said in the gameday thread, 3 errors were the problem and jon had 1 really bad inning that we should have been able to get past. sad day. sad sad day.

RKMeibalane
06-25-2004, 06:10 PM
Get rid of Mike Jackson. And bench Gload for the remainder of the series. People who can't catch fly balls don't deserve playing time.

eurotrash35
2 more games like this and I'll commit ritual suicide before showing my face at work again. :angry:

A.T. Money
Damn....

MRKARNO
Obviously you cant be too happy about a game like that, but for some reason I'm not too upset. I think we'll still come out of this with one solid win and another game that could go either way.

Viva Magglio
06-25-2004, 06:11 PM
Great job, guys!!!!!!!

As far as I'm concerned, we gave this game away in the fourth inning with those errors and Garland's lack of mental toughness in the face of adversity. If I were Ozzie right now, I'd be scaring the living @#$% out of the players right now just like a high school football coach.

Evil was the victor today.

Compared to us, Jack Ryan had a great day!!!

wolcott10
06-25-2004, 06:11 PM
Crap!!

AnkleSox
06-25-2004, 06:12 PM
With diaz pitching tomorrow, i have very little hope that the sox will win. I almost feel like they might get swept right out of the cell.

And *** was with the crowd, it sounded like it was 75% flub fans.

Malgar 12
Mike Jackson has been worthless since April. That should not be news. Gload in my book should never play the outfield again. Things are looking mighty grim. I hope I'm wrong but we may be under .500 soon.

eurotrash35
Lately we can't go more than 4 innings without our SPs having a meltdown. I'm not holding out much hope for tomorrow, maybe Sunday we can salvage the series.

A.T. Money
06-25-2004, 06:13 PM
Get rid of Mike Jackson. And bench Gload for the remainder of the series. People who can't catch fly balls don't deserve playing time.
Gload got out of one of them luckily.

But there is no excuse for the second one. He lolligagged to that ball and made Uribe make a very hard play which got botched. That's terrible.

As for Jackson, he's a total bum. He throws batting practice.

WSox8404
06-25-2004, 06:14 PM
Are we still going to use the excuse that Jon is still young? Cause if not, I say we part ways with him at the end of the year if he doesn't pick it up. I am tired of giving this guy chances. What would happen if he pitched in a playoff game? 10 to nothing after one inning?

Kogs35
06-25-2004, 06:15 PM
the errors just killed us:angry: . period. they where not pateint with prior. zambrano will get his head chopped off tomrow by sox hitting. jackson needs to go NOW!!!!!! other than that perez or burke better be in right tomrow if rowand aint there. they cant worry about that there is a runner on 1st when trying to get a guy out and they end up walking them. just throw strikes. lets go brew crew

hsnterprize
06-25-2004, 06:15 PM
This was simply not good. Prior was good...but beatable. When you have the bases loaded against him, you need to put him away...and fast. Sox didn't do that. They were trying too hard to make things happen, and the Cubs pitching kept them off balance all game until it was too late.

Those errors really hurt us. Still, Grudzielanek's homer was a real back breaker. And just when you thought it was safe to think the Sox could come back, MJ gives up another gopher ball. He's gotta go...it's as simple as that.

Well...round one goes to the north siders. Round two tomorrow. I'll be there. Hopefully, I'll see a White Sox winner...however, that pitcher who was called up will probably have to pitch the game of his life. It's not his fault, but that's the way it is right now.

RKMeibalane
06-25-2004, 06:16 PM
I do have a solution to the club's current offensive problems...

PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST!

PaleHoseGeorge
06-25-2004, 06:17 PM
I'm declaring this the official low point of the season... not counting the next one, of course.

:)

Cubbiesuck13
Are we still going to use the excuse that Jon is still young? Cause if not, I say we part ways with him at the end of the year if he doesn't pick it up. I am tired of giving this guy chances. What would happen if he pitched in a playoff game? 10 to nothing after one inning?
you are nuts. what did you think of his last start? 8 innings with 4 runs. that is not too bad. this is the year that he is turning it around. he naturally still has corners to turn. i could acually see the meltdown after the threw his pickoff attempt away. with the way they showed life at the end of the game i have a good feeling about the next 8 or so games. it seems like when we come back with a couple of runs towards the end of a loss or we come back and win the game late the offense shows up for the next week. i look to rock maddux tomarow!

Lip Man 1
I'm not upset the Sox lost, like them or not the Cubs have depth and a ton of talent. What sticks in my craw is the way they lost.

Big crowd, rivalry series, a chance to make a statement and generate momentum and what happens?

That was a poor showing anyway you want to look at it.

Lip

bigdommer
like i said in the gameday thread, 3 errors were the problem and jon had 1 really bad inning that we should have been able to get past. sad day. sad sad day.
Losing this game doesn't worry me that much, because we only lost for two reasons:

a first baseman in right field and Mike Jackson

Having a rightfielder in RF prevents the Uribe error. Thus Jon doesn't feel like he needs to make the perfect strikeout pitch on every batter.

Taking Mike Jackson out back and shooting him prevents the Sox from losing all of their momentum in the ninth.

I feel good about this team. I just don't feel good about Ross Gload in RF and Mike Jackson anywhere on the field.

Cubbiesuck13
06-25-2004, 06:18 PM
the errors just killed us:angry: . period. they where not pateint with prior. zambrano will get his head chopped off tomrow by sox hitting. jackson needs to go NOW!!!!!! other than that perez or burke better be in right tomrow if rowand aint there. they cant worry about that there is a runner on 1st when trying to get a guy out and they end up walking them. just throw strikes. lets go brew crew
100 pitches in 5 innings is plenty patient

Kogs35
. i look to rock maddux tomarow!
its zambrano tomrow. may his head get chopped of by white sox hitting

owensmouth
With diaz pitching tomorrow, i have very little hope that the sox will win.
I think that Diaz will do well. I'm not sue whether we will win, but I expect Diaz to do as well as Rauch did yesterday. If he does, we may be able to unload Jackson when Schoeny gets back.

bigdommer
06-25-2004, 06:19 PM
My nominee for dumbest post of the year.

WSox8404
06-25-2004, 06:19 PM
you are nuts. what did you think of his last start? 8 innings with 4 runs. that is not too bad. this is the year that he is turning it around. he naturally still has corners to turn. i could acually see the meltdown after the threw his pickoff attempt away. with the way they showed life at the end of the game i have a good feeling about the next 8 or so games. it seems like when we come back with a couple of runs towards the end of a loss or we come back and win the game late the offense shows up for the next week. i look to rock maddux tomarow!

Yeah, I guess his ERA of almost 5 is good too.

MRKARNO
06-25-2004, 06:20 PM
I think Diaz will be just fine tomorrow (and by Fine I mean 5 IP 3-4 ER) The real question as far as I'm concerned is will we get to Zambrano?

bigdommer
06-25-2004, 06:21 PM
With diaz pitching tomorrow, i have very little hope that the sox will win. I almost feel like they might get swept right out of the cell.

And *** was with the crowd, it sounded like it was 75% flub fans.
Sounded like 0% Flub fans for the first 4 innings. Grudz's homer drowned all the Sox fans out.

RKMeibalane
:hurt

"Can you play tomorrow?"

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/darth.jpg

"I do not have a mit."

"But you can use the Force, so you should be able to catch anything hit near you."

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/darth.jpg

"Using the Force is prohibited under Major League rules."

"Then can I at least play first base?"

:ozzie

"No. You'll hurt Paul's feelings."

Cubbiesuck13
its zambrano tomrow. may his head get chopped of by white sox hitting
whoops thanks, i look to rock zambrano tomarow then

WSox8404
06-25-2004, 06:22 PM
Tough to say. He really didn't have a real bad outing this year. We just have to try to lay off his sinker. That is his out pitch. I think we may have a shot though, as long as Gload isn't in right field.

Viva Magglio
06-25-2004, 06:22 PM
I think we should keep Garland, but I have serious issues about his mental toughness (or lack thereof). Today was a textbook example. Whenever an error happens, he just comes completely unglued.

valposoxfan
06-25-2004, 06:24 PM
What bothers me is the Twins getting three games with the Brewers and the fact that we made three errors and didn't hit until the eighth inning. This team is in the midst of a terrible June whereas their immediate division rival is having a spectacular June. I think it's pretty clear that the Cubs are a better team, and we have a minor leaguer known for the big inning going for us tomorrow, only three legitimate starters if you want to call them that, and our bullpen is shaky at best. Folks, I hate to say it, but this is not even close to a playoff team. I firmly believe that.

Cubbiesuck13
Yeah, I guess his ERA of almost 5 is good too.
it's better than 11

WSox8404
I think we should keep Garland, but I have serious issues about his mental toughness (or lack thereof). Today was a textbook example. Whenever an error happens, he just comes completely unglued.
Thats what I am talking about. He has good stuff, but he is not tough. I mean I would hate to see him pitch in a playoff game. I would expect stuff like that out of a rookie, and at the most, a second year player. But he has been around for a while now, and every year it is the same thing.

balboner
06-25-2004, 06:26 PM
Frank's problem isn't that he's not playing first base, it's that his approach at the plate is awful right now. The last few years, he's been swinging for the fences on every pitch. Well, that might work against the Danny Wright's of the world. However, guys like C.C., Prior, and Mulder will make you look bad.

Kogs35
06-25-2004, 06:26 PM
What bothers me is the Twins getting three games with the Brewers and the fact that we made three errors and didn't hit until the eighth inning. This team is in the midst of a terrible June whereas their immediate division rival is having a spectacular June. I think it's pretty clear that the Cubs are a better team, and we have a minor leaguer known for the big inning going for us tomorrow, only three legitimate starters if you want to call them that, and our bullpen is shaky at best. Folks, I hate to say it, but this is not even close to a playoff team. I firmly believe that.
they brew crew did take 2 of 3 from the twins!!
im not worried. this teams always makes a comeback weather they win it is a diff story

harwar
06-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Prior was not really on,some of his pitches were very hittable and we just plain missed them.
I saw WAY TOO MANY cub fans out there.
we'll be lucky to win one game in each series while the twins are playing the brewers(not hitting all of a sudden) and the DBacks.
The series in the hump dome is going to be HUGE.
At least this inter-league CRAP is almost over and we can get back to playing AL teams.
SHEEESH!!!

Viva Magglio
Don't ask my why I'm doing this, but I've been flipping around the sports radio dial for the postgame reactions. Mike North said that someone called him and said Sox fans started cheering for the Cubs once things started going bad. For North to even consider believing that is beyone asinine.

owensmouth
I do have a solution to the club's current offensive problems...

PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST!
There was something wrong with Konerko's three run homer? There were too many non producers - Rowand, Uribe, Carlos and Crede supplied nothing. Paulie got two hits and you want to sit him?

mendozaln
06-25-2004, 06:29 PM
Small positive: Both Farnsworth and Hawkins threw about 30 pitches today. Anything we can do to wear down Hawkins, I'm all for it.

harwar
06-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Don't ask my why I'm doing this, but I've been flipping around the sports radio dial for the postgame reactions. Mike North said that someone called him and said Sox fans started cheering for the Cubs once things started going bad. For North to even consider believing that is beyone asinine.listening to the score is like listening to the cubs post game on wgn.Why would you even bother.

Viva Magglio
06-25-2004, 06:31 PM
listening to the score is like listening to the cubs post game on wgn.Why would you even bother.
I want to hear the update on that possible Rauch trade.

Cubbiesuck13
06-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Small positive: Both Farnsworth and Hawkins threw about 30 pitches today. Anything we can do to wear down Hawkins, I'm all for it.
for as much as i hate baker, he did a good job today. 1.he finally got his lineup right. he was batting his hottest bat 6th while soso was trying to make it back batting 3rd. 2.pitching hawkins in the 8th was a good move too.

i hope we can take advantage of that tomarow and the rest of the games.

owensmouth
06-25-2004, 06:40 PM
I want to hear the update on that possible Rauch trade.
It was bogus. The "trade" was in someone's imagination. It was shot down before the game started.

infohawk
06-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Well, three thoughts.

Thought # 1 - Garland is a very talented pitcher with pretty good stuff. Unfortunately, he does get rattled and/or loses his concentration. No point raggin' on him because he does the best he can. In all seriousness, I wonder if he would be a candidate for a sports psychologist. He may benefit from working on the mental side of pitching. I have seen enough out of him to believe that he is worth sticking with. Right now, though, he appears best suited as a #5 starter. With improved mental toughness he has the stuff to be a #2 or #3.

Thought #2 - The run Mike Jackson gave up today didn't end of mattering. That said, I agree that Mike Jackson is not an asset to our pen.

Thought #3 - The pitching matchups don't favor the Sox for this series. Let's be realistic and recognize that it is very possible that the Sox could be swept. I certainly don't want this to happen, but if it does I am NOT going to be one of those fans saying "the Sox suck" or "Ozzie doesn't know what he's doing" or "this seasons over" or "not being able to hit good pitching is no excuse" or whoever happened to be a goat during a loss "shouldn't be on the team." I love when the Sox beat the Cubs, but if doing so truly, really meant anything of significance, we would have been in the playoffs last year. As is stands, the Cubs went to the playoffs even though they were 2-4 against us. I would have gladly inverted the season series record for a playoff birth. The Cub series does not have to be a microcosm of our entire season. The only thing that matters is that the Sox peak and play lights-out ball at the right time (August and September). I say once again, let's let Kenny make some moves and see where we stand at that point.

Viva Magglio
06-25-2004, 06:42 PM
It was bogus. The "trade" was in someone's imagination. It was shot down before the game started.
Well, we better get somebody because we now have two big holes in the rotation with Schoeneweis on the DL.

Viva Magglio
06-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Well, three thoughts.

Thought # 1 - Garland is a very talented pitcher with pretty good stuff. Unfortunately, he does get rattled and/or loses his concentration. No point raggin' on him because he does the best he can. In all seriousness, I wonder if he would be a candidate for a sports psychologist. He may benefit from working on the mental side of pitching. I have seen enough out of him to believe that he is worth sticking with. Right now, though, he appears best suited as a #5 starter. With improved mental toughness he has the stuff to be a #2 or #3.

Thought #2 - The run Mike Jackson gave up today didn't end of mattering. That said, I agree that Mike Jackson is not an asset to our pen.

Thought #3 - The pitching matchups don't favor the Sox for this series. Let's be realistic and recognize that it is very possible that the Sox could be swept. I certainly don't want this to happen, but if it does I am NOT going to be one of those fans saying "the Sox suck" or "Ozzie doesn't know what he's doing" or "this seasons over" or "not being able to hit good pitching is no excuse" or whoever happened to be a goat during a loss "shouldn't be on the team." I love when the Sox beat the Cubs, but if doing so truly, really meant anything of significance, we would have been in the playoffs last year. As is stands, the Cubs went to the playoffs even though they were 2-4 against us. I would have gladly inverted the season series record for a playoff birth. The Cub series does not have to be a microcosm of our entire season. The only thing that matters is that the Sox peak and play lights-out ball at the right time (August and September). I say once again, let's let Kenny make some moves and see where we stand at that point.
I think we have a chance against Maddux.

RKMeibalane
06-25-2004, 06:44 PM
There was something wrong with Konerko's three run homer? There were too many non producers - Rowand, Uribe, Carlos and Crede supplied nothing. Paulie got two hits and you want to sit him?
No, I don't want to sit Paulie. I want Konerko to DH. Konerko is having a great season, so he should continue to play. It is Gload who deserves to be benched. Rowand can play RF.

mendozaln
06-25-2004, 06:49 PM
Losing this game doesn't worry me that much, because we only lost for two reasons:

a first baseman in right field and Mike Jackson
I can't add anything on Jackson. :rolleyes: But not too many people have commented on the RF thing. Is there anyone that the Sox believe can NOT play RF? Is Sandy going out there next? I mean, Gload has looked almost as bad as Sammy out there.

Almost.

WSox8404
06-25-2004, 06:53 PM
Hi. My name is Ross Gload............:dtroll:

Jjav829
06-25-2004, 07:11 PM
Ugh, awful game. Particularly for those who work right by Cubs fans. Just a bunch of random thoughts. Garland is a mental midget. Is anyone still arguing that we should keep Mike Jackson? We got one good month out of his 39 year old arm because he sat out last year. He's done. Keeping him on the roster any longer is just hurting the team. Get rid of him KW. He's done. I miss Maggs. Offensively and defensively. Aaron Rowand isn't a leadoff hitter. Willie should be leading off tomorrow. He isn't going to come out of his slump by sitting. Let's get em tomorrow!

LauraJ14
06-25-2004, 07:40 PM
Question for anybody at the game today, it looked like there were more Cubs fans in the park than Sox fans, true?

If so where did all those stupid Cub fans get tickets since tickets didn't go on sale to the public?

valposoxfan
06-25-2004, 07:46 PM
Question for anybody at the game today, it looked like there were more Cubs fans in the park than Sox fans, true?

If so where did all those stupid Cub fans get tickets since tickets didn't go on sale to the public?
That's not true at all. It just seemed like it because they were the only ones making noise because they had reason too. Don't worry, there wasn't an invasion of those dopes. They just had something to be happy about.

Viva Magglio
06-25-2004, 07:52 PM
Twins 1, Brewers 0 (Top 3rd)

Lew Ford RBI Single

SoxxoS
06-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Someone reported Jon Adkins had some elbow issues..yet he pitched yesterday. They need to find out if he is 100%, b/c we CAN'T drop Jackson if we don't have anybody from the right side to get guys out. Wait a minute, Jackson can't get anyone out either. Nevermind. Call up Bajenaru.

As stated in a previous thread, we need to find out if this is the "true" Harris/Uribe. They are both stone awful lately.

Oh, and we don't need/miss Maggs.

bigdommer
06-25-2004, 07:59 PM

When you are mounting a comeback, every run matters. I thought that run was huge. WHen you are up against a closer, every extra run you have to get makes it that much tougher. That Martinez homerun was a momentum killer. I have played hundreds of games at the HS, college, and minor league level, and I can tell you for certain that giving up a bomb (especially to a terrible hitter like Martinez) definitely takes the wind out of a comeback's sails.

StillMissOzzie
06-25-2004, 10:06 PM
My observations and opinions on today's train wreck:

1) We had Prior on the ropes early and couldn't put him away. He was neither sharp nor impressive. He looked better in the 4th & 5th but should have been knocked on in the 1st or 2nd.
2) Dreadful defense! At one point, the Sox line score read: 1 run, 2 hits, 3 errors.
3) Missed a clutch hit. If Crede could have come through with one more hit in the 8th, we'd have another run. Then maybe Shingo would have come in, being down by 1 instead of 2.
4) What pearls of wisdom did Cooper give Garland? The very next pitch was hit for a 3 run HR!
5) Mike Jackson just plain sucks.

Shoney going down on the 15 day DL does NOT bode well for tomorrow's game, either. Hope they can knock Zambrno out early to make life easier for Diaz.

SMO
:gulp:

soxwon
06-25-2004, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=AnkleSox]With diaz pitching tomorrow, i have very little hope that the sox will win. I almost feel like they might get swept right out of the cell.

And *** was with the crowd, it sounded like it was 75% flub fans
__________________________________________________ ______________
i thought the cubs fans wernt supose to be there.
all tix wee seasons tix and all others were sold to season tix holders
unless you paid thru a broker, i dont get it?_

Viva Magglio
06-25-2004, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=AnkleSox]With diaz pitching tomorrow, i have very little hope that the sox will win. I almost feel like they might get swept right out of the cell.

And *** was with the crowd, it sounded like it was 75% flub fans
__________________________________________________ ______________
i thought the cubs fans wernt supose to be there.
all tix wee seasons tix and all others were sold to season tix holders
unless you paid thru a broker, i dont get it?_
If we get swept at home by the Cubs, it will be the worst moment in our franchise history since the Black Sox Scandal. And if you don't agree with me, come up with a moment that is.

oheeoh...magglio
06-25-2004, 10:51 PM
A few points:

1. Prior was very hittable today. He threw a lot of hanging pitches, and our hitters just appeared to be pressing. I'm not sure why we didn't hammer him, his stuff wasn't all that great today, but what are you going to do I guess.

2. Ross Gload should not be in the outfield. He takes bad angles, gets bad jumps, and now he can't even catch a fly ball. Just pathetic.

3. Mike Jackson has to go. Please, send him to AAA or cut him or something, because I could get more people out than him.

4. I think Felix is going to do the job tomorrow, and I think we will be ready for Zambrano, who actually is a very similar pitcher to Prior. I have no idea why I think this, since i'm normally quite pessimistic, but hopefully I'm right.

Oh, and in response to Viva's comment about this being the lowest point since the Black Sox Scandal if we get swept, I think the '59 world series, the '83 and '93 ALCS', and the embarassing sweep to Seattle in '00 were all worse.

Lip Man 1
06-25-2004, 10:52 PM
Losing the pennant by one game in 1964.

Having the chance to go to the World Series so close you could taste it, in late September 1967 only to lose five straight to Kansas City and Washington to end the season.

Jerry Dybzinski and Tito Landrum in October 1983.

Shall I continue?

Lip

Viva Magglio
06-25-2004, 10:56 PM

Having the chance to go to the World Series so close you could taste it, in late September 1967 only to lose five straight to Kansas City and Washington to end the season.

Shall I continue?

Lip
Those were all disappointing things, for sure. But none of them were at the hands of the Evil Empire.

oheeoh...magglio
06-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Those were all disappointing things, for sure. But none of them were at the hands of the Evil Empire.
But all of them cost us a shot at a World Championship.

Sorry Viva, I have to say your definitely wrong on this one.

FarWestChicago
06-25-2004, 10:58 PM

Shall I continue?

LipLip - 3

Viva - 0

MRKARNO
06-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Last september october??? Seeing the Cubs 5 outs away from the World Series after your team blew up against the Twins in the regular season was just plain awful. I cant imagine that a Cubs sweep of the Sox could be so horrible

Viva Magglio
06-25-2004, 11:00 PM
Maybe you're right about those things you mentioned being worse, but just imagine Monday morning if we get swept by the Evil Empire.

:chunks

Look, we know the media hates our guts and loves the Cubs. Just ask Hangar18. That's a fact. A sweep by their beloved Cubbies over us would give them satisfaction in ways that only Mick Jagger could describe, not to mention all the eternal crap we would have to take from Cub fans.

Daver
06-25-2004, 11:03 PM
Keep trying.

MRKARNO
06-25-2004, 11:03 PM
Maybe you're right about those things you mentioned being worse, but just imagine Monday morning if we get swept by the Evil Empire.
Well it obviously would suck, but it wouldnt compare to all of those other things, but I am very confident that we can salvage one game out of this 3 game set.

kcsportscaster
06-25-2004, 11:04 PM
My observation on Friday's game is this: First off, I felt Garland was shaken by the throwing error allowing Hollandsworth to go to third. He was not nearly as effective after that blunder as he was before. Also, Gload was flat out brutal on those two pop-ups that he butchered!!!! How about 1. Getting Gload the hell out of the outfield, and 2. Improving the communication on those type plays!!!! Why didn't Gload run toward the second pop-up and call Uribe away before he eventually dropped the ball???? An experienced outfielder EASILY would have come in, called Uribe away, and caught the damned ball!!!! That, and Garland being shaken by the throwing error, cost the Sox today. However, I liked their comeback effort against the Flubs bullpen, especially Paulie's three run homer.

As for Saturday: I have a good feeling about the Sox blasting Zambrano because he has been known to get too emotional on the mound and then get knocked around after an emotional outburst. Also, Diaz, who I have never seen, MUST have a good outing, damn it!!!! THE SOX NEED THE NEXT TWO AGAINST THE FLUBS IN THE WORST DAMNED WAY!!!! In a way, I am thankful I live in an area where the only rivalry anybody cares about is the Alabama/Auburn football rivalry because I only have to work with ONE Flub fan, NOT at least 10 or 20 as those of you in Chicagoland have to.

Later on,

Ken Coleman

oheeoh...magglio
06-25-2004, 11:04 PM

Look, we know the media hates our guts. That's a fact. A sweep by their beloved Cubbies over us would give them satisfaction in ways that only Mick Jagger could describe.

You will slit your wrists by September with that attitude Viva.

The media hates us, that's how it is and we aren't going to change it. Let's just win some games and make the playoffs, and we really won't care about what happened in a series against a team in the other league in June.

soxwon
06-25-2004, 11:08 PM
we are not gonna get swept, we never win the first game.

we will win tommorow, sunday who knows?

Viva Magglio
06-25-2004, 11:09 PM
The media hates us, that's how it is and we aren't going to change it.
That is the wrong attitude. We cannot tolerate the media's hatred of us. Maybe you're right in claiming that we will not change the media, but we must do everyting we can to discomfort them.

MRKARNO
06-25-2004, 11:15 PM
we are not gonna get swept, we never win the first game.

we will win tommorow, sunday who knows?
THis is true. We have been far more successful in the second two games of serieses, so a series win is not out of the question

8 times this year have we dropped the first game of the series and come back to tie or win the series

starboy0
06-26-2004, 12:03 AM
Way too often we've been finding ways to lose games, finding ways to give them away. That's how Minnesota is different. I don't believe they have the raw talent we have but they don't give games away and find ways to win.

Really, really need Mags back and let's sign him. His price is only going to go up and he wants to stay here. I heard on the way home from the game that they're only about 2 million apart (per year) but who knows? If you think about it, since he's been gone, the team has been in a funk.

Garland is more like a 4th starter. He really lacked the mental toughness that Prior showed today (gulp...I want to puke just having said that).

And now Shoney (5th starter) is on the DL. Doesn't look good for tomorrow. But maybe Diaz, like Rausch, might embrace this opportunity to shine. And we'll hit Zambrano big time like we do those kind of pitchers.

MRKARNO
06-26-2004, 12:05 AM
Really, really need Mags back and let's sign him. His price is only going to go up and he wants to stay here. I heard on the way home from the game that they're only about 2 million apart (per year) but who knows? If you think about it, since he's been gone, the team has been in a funk.
He doesnt necessarily want to come back, he just wants to get paid

SSN721
06-26-2004, 08:00 AM
Well, just a sick, sick loss. It was awful having to hear all the Cub cheers in the stands towards the end of the game, just felt like they were defecating in our house. We really handed this game to the Cubs on a silver platter. So many opportunities passed up. if not for the damn 5th inning, I think Garland would have cruised to the 7th or 8th easy. Without the offense feeling the need to press, they might have scored more runs, 1-3 run lead, Shingo time, lights out, game win. I dont know, the only positive I saw is we really had to give this game away to lose it. If the team will be more focused we have agood shot, hopefully we will win if it turns into a slugfest. I gotta go there today too, they better not let me down. Ugh :(:

Cubbiesuck13
06-26-2004, 11:17 AM
That is the wrong attitude. We cannot tolerate the media's hatred of us. Maybe you're right in claiming that we will not change the media, but we must do everyting we can to discomfort them.
you are right, we can't change the media's hatred of us but we can embrace it. Beat a flamboant flub fan up outside the park win or loose today. if we are going to be told that sox fans are dangerous the least we could do is get some satisfaction out of it. just make sure he is wearing a lot of scrub stuff when you give him some red (blood) to go with this blue (bruises).

Mickster
06-26-2004, 11:19 AM
you are right, we can't change the media's hatred of us but we can embrace it. Beat a flamboant flub fan up outside the park win or loose today. if we are going to be told that sox fans are dangerous the least we could do is get some satisfaction out of it. just make sure he is wearing a lot of scrub stuff when you give him some red (blood) to go with this blue (bruises).
An anger management couse might be beneficial...:o:

Cubbiesuck13
06-26-2004, 11:32 AM
An anger management couse might be beneficial...:o:
why take the blame for what cubfans do at sox park? if we have to take the blame we might as well have a little fun for our troubles.

and maybe your right about anger management, but if the sox would just win a WS i won't need it anymore.