PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 6/25/04

Hangar18
06-25-2004, 09:38 AM
Kind of hard to do a Media Count im sure this weekend but will attempt to.
FOX NEWS this morning is up to their Chicago News Standards again.
They Ran a "News" piece on 2 guys arrested at The Cell for beating up an offduty Burbank Cop. Now granted, these bozos shouldnt have done that.........BUT WHY DOESNT FOX COVER THE BUFFOONS GETTING ARRESTED ACROSS FROM WRIGLEY BAR BRAWL? WHY WASNT CubFan GOONS STORY FRONT AND CENTER for the 2 guys beating up an OffDuty COp after cub/cardinal game at the Addison L? WHY ARENT WE BEING KEPT UP TO DATE ON THOSE ARRESTS???? I Read MARIOTTIS TRASH article today.......Basically
portrays SOX FANS/OZZY as whiners about nothing and should Ignore the Cubs. IGNORING the problem doesnt solve things Jerk Marriotti. FITTING that MARRIOTTI article comes out at the same time FOX pulled that stunt today. Mariotti ................... Your a Jack-Ass

Hangar18
06-25-2004, 09:40 AM
He is on the air saying he HAS NEVER SEEN THE SOX PLAY A FRIDAY DAY GAME.
Ummmmmmmm Stooge, theyve been playing the Cubs on Fridays in the DAY for some time now ........

bobj4400
06-25-2004, 09:43 AM
He is on the air saying he HAS NEVER SEEN THE SOX PLAY A FRIDAY DAY GAME.
Ummmmmmmm Stooge, theyve been playing the Cubs on Fridays in the DAY for some time now ........
I think he meant besides Opening Day and v. the Cubs...they are claiming that the Sox played the Angels on a Friday afternoon on May 28. I find this hard to believe...anybody at the game that day?

Jerry_Manuel
06-25-2004, 09:44 AM
I think he meant besides Opening Day and v. the Cubs...they are claiming that the Sox played the Angels on a Friday afternoon on May 28. I find this hard to believe...anybody at the game that day?
Murph said the Sox media guide had the game listed that day as starting at 3. The other schedules had it at 7. They cleared it up.

voodoochile
06-25-2004, 10:16 AM
Yeah, they changed all crosstown series games to day games to cut down on the amount of time people have to drink before hand, IIRC.

This is old news. Typical Moron to not be on top of things...:dtroll:

Cellview22
06-25-2004, 10:19 AM
Does anyone know which on-air personalities, from all the local networks, are admitted Sox fans or Cub fans?

bobj4400
06-25-2004, 10:35 AM
Does anyone know which on-air personalities, from all the local networks, are admitted Sox fans or Cub fans?
Mariotti Neutral
Boers Cubs
Bernstein Sox
Murph Cubs
Huebner Sox
McNeil Sox
Jurko Cubs
Harry Cubs, but roots for both
Buffone Cubs
North Sox
Carmen Sox
Silvy Cubs
J Hood Sox

Viva Magglio
06-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Mariotti Neutral
Boers Cubs
Bernstein Sox
Murph Cubs
Huebner Sox
McNeil Sox
Jurko Cubs
Buffone Cubs
North Sox
Carmen Sox
Silvy Cubs
J Hood Sox
I would not consider Boers a Cub fan. I think he's a neutral that leans Sox. And while Bernstein leans neutral, he is safely in the Sox fold as well. Fred is White Sox all the way, but I wish he'd speak up on the "Mike Murphy Cub Morning Show." North is a frontrunner; he's a fan of whichever team is doing better.

Cellview22
06-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Mariotti Neutral
Boers Cubs
Bernstein Sox
Murph Cubs
Huebner Sox
McNeil Sox
Jurko Cubs
Buffone Cubs
North Sox
Carmen Sox
Silvy Cubs
J Hood Sox
Thanks Bobj. I'm also going through the tv personalities from cbs, fox, nbc, abc, wgn, and cltv to figure out if I remember anyone admitting they're Sox fans. If I can come up with a big list, I'll post it.

bobj4400
06-25-2004, 11:19 AM
I would not consider Boers a Cub fan. I think he's a neutral that leans Sox. And while Bernstein leans neutral, he is safely in the Sox fold as well. Fred is White Sox all the way, but I wish he'd speak up on the "Mike Murphy Cub Morning Show." North is a frontrunner; he's a fan of whichever team is doing better.
I guess with Boers you could say he isnt really a fan of either. He just likes to rip both to shreds...which is preferable to the silent Sox fan that is Huebner. He just sits there and lets Murph blatantly drool over all things Cub while consistently getting facts, names, events wrong when he takes even a minute to talk about the Sox.

bobj4400
06-25-2004, 11:41 AM
Bernstein is promulgated the false belief that Cubs fans 'dont care' about this series on the Score right now...if this guy is a Sox fan, than he is the epitome of the self hating Sox fan that he claims to despise so much. Does he not have any Cubs fan friends? Every one of the ones that I have has been chirping for weeks about how they are going to crush us blah blah blah...

DrummerGeorgefan
06-25-2004, 11:45 AM
Thanks Bobj. I'm also going through the tv personalities from cbs, fox, nbc, abc, wgn, and cltv to figure out if I remember anyone admitting they're Sox fans. If I can come up with a big list, I'll post it.Today on Fox in the Morning, the morning guy Patrick (last name escapes me) came out and rousingly said he was a sox fan and that he would never change.

Uncle_Patrick
06-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Did anyone else read Marrotti's article in Crosstown Series section of the Sun-Times?
http://www.suntimes.com/special_sections/rivalry/index.html

Thankfully, someone is here to write these unbiased reports.