PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Chub Fans Example #25,786

whitesoxwilkes
06-25-2004, 10:24 AM
I was at a local establishment last night (sounds like a Hangar18 story already) with a bunch of guys from work taking in the Cubs-Cardinals game and celebrating my boss' birthday. At one point during the game, a guy I work with (lifelong Cub fan from Iowa) asks me "Will you guys please take that shortstop Ordonez back?"

Even the Cub fans laughed at him a bit.

thepaulbowski
06-25-2004, 10:38 AM
I was at a local establishment last night (sounds like a Hangar18 story already) with a bunch of guys from work taking in the Cubs-Cardinals game and celebrating my boss' birthday. At one point during the game, a guy I work with (lifelong Cub fan from Iowa) asks me "Will you guys please take that shortstop Ordonez back?"

I don't get it. :tongue:

LuvSox
06-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Cubs Pride: It's all about BUD

CubKilla
06-25-2004, 11:43 AM

:rolleyes:

Tekijawa
06-25-2004, 12:07 PM
this Begs the question were they laughung because the Guys a Moron or were they laughing because they thought he was right?

Brian26
06-25-2004, 01:07 PM
"Will you guys please take that shortstop Ordonez back?"

Wow, that is bad. That's worse than the Kerry Woods jersey.

RKMeibalane
06-25-2004, 01:49 PM
Why am I not surprised?

the_valenstache
06-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Some of my recent favorite dumb Cubs fan moments:

* During this past offseason, I'm at a bar with a "diehard" who I had the pleasure of watching cringe all last October. We're talking baseball and his beloved Cubs. I said something like, "You guys got Derek Lee...great pickup...probably one of the best defensive first basemen in the NL." Cubs fan says, "I thought he was an outfielder." Cubs fan then proceeds to argue that Derek Lee is not a first baseman.

* Just Wednesday night, I'm with a fairly large group of Cubs fans who frequent Wrigley thanks to their Captain-of-Industry fathers having season tickets. We're watching the Cubs implosion against STL. One Cubs fan yells, "Why the @*#$ aren't they putting Borowski in?!?" and another one yells, "YEAH! What the @$#%?!?!?" First of all, I can't even imagine anyone ever wanting Borowski to pitch if they were familiar with his recent struggles. Second, he's been on the friggin' DL for almost two weeks!

True stories. I know I have more, but I'd love to hear some others.

smalls17
06-25-2004, 02:07 PM
i was having breakfast with my boss in the city. my boss is a life long cub dope. i said to him turn around and look who just walked in. as i said that my boss goes "who is here?" as corey patterson walked right by him. 10 minutes later i said the same thing and my boss goes "isn't that the cub announcer. my reply yes that is is steve stone. another example of that cub fans are total morons. GO YOU WHITE SOX.

r.i.p. andy the clown

:jeffhardy

SOXintheBURGH
06-25-2004, 02:21 PM
Few days ago I spent 20 frustrating minutes trying to explain why Prior couldn't go back in to pitch if he was pinch hit for, then tried explaining the double switch to a row of the most clueless faces in the world I had ever seen.. four kids in a bar in Penn State wearing Cub hats.