PDA

View Full Version : Ed Farmer

chisox56
06-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Today i was listening to the game and in the ninth inning ed farmer kept saying he had apologized to someone and that this person could turn the dial if they didn't want to listen to him and he kept saying he was sorry. Does anyone know Who he was apologizing to and why was he apologizing?

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-24-2004, 05:29 PM
Go to the Roadhouse forum. I think the topic there will explain the apology.

Over By There
06-24-2004, 05:43 PM
Go to the Roadhouse forum. I think the topic there will explain the apology.
Actually, don't go over there if you're looking for any real info on this topic. That thread has turned into something completely different, unfortunately.

Can someone please comment on what's going on with this Farmer topic, outside of the Roadhouse where hopefully a couple people won't hijack the thread?

mcfish
06-24-2004, 06:27 PM
From what I could gather in the other thread, Farmer made a comment Tuesday or so and someone wrote him email during both of the last two games to tell him that he was offended. No one so far has been able to recall what the comment was. Farmer apologized yesterday, and today he said something to the effect of I already apologized, if that's not good enough then don't listen. The rest of the thread (most of it) is a debate about the Middle East.

hose
06-26-2004, 09:17 AM
Actually, don't go over there if you're looking for any real info on this topic. That thread has turned into something completely different, unfortunately.

Can someone please comment on what's going on with this Farmer topic, outside of the Roadhouse where hopefully a couple people won't hijack the thread?

I should have taken your advice, the Roadhouse(as usual) was a waste of time.

Fridaythe13thJason
06-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Today i was listening to the game and in the ninth inning ed farmer kept saying he had apologized to someone and that this person could turn the dial if they didn't want to listen to him and he kept saying he was sorry. Does anyone know Who he was apologizing to and why was he apologizing?
Ha ha ha ha. :smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
06-26-2004, 10:37 AM
I should have taken your advice, the Roadhouse (as usual) was a waste of time.I changed the title of that thread because it has nothing to do with Farmer's comments.

Nobody has posted a single thing clarifying what Farmer said, or whether his apology was meant with the slightest bit of sincerity. If anyone has information to post, you'll find it here.

Farmer has quite an attitude this season. I remember him ripping the American ballplayers for standing at attention with caps over heart during the playing of the Canadian national anthem. He seems to be spending even more time than usual talking about his days in California and Philadelphia, too. For somebody who went to St. Rita, he sure has very little insight to share about anything a Sox Fan would care to hear about.

I'm sick of the *******. I hope this is his last season.

hose
06-26-2004, 08:22 PM
I changed the title of that thread because it has nothing to do with Farmer's comments.

Nobody has posted a single thing clarifying what Farmer said, or whether his apology was meant with the slightest bit of sincerity. If anyone has information to post, you'll find it here.

Farmer has quite an attitude this season. I remember him ripping the American ballplayers for standing at attention with caps over heart during the playing of the Canadian national anthem. He seems to be spending even more time than usual talking about his days in California and Philadelphia, too. For somebody who went to St. Rita, he sure has very little insight to share about anything a Sox Fan would care to hear about.

Farmio had one of the best calls I've heard in a while today.

Zambrano was throwing over to first trying to get Timo , after the 6th throw over, Farmio said that Crede was going to get a fat one for a homer. CRACK , Crede homers on the next pitch.

MisterB
06-27-2004, 06:14 AM
I think I finally found out what the apology was about. I went back to Monday's game on MLB Gameday Audio and during the 3rd inning was the following exchange:

Farmer: How was your drive in today, by the way?

Rooney: Long.

F: I was out by your house today...

R: You didn't stop by?

F: No, I was in traffic. I, I drove by, but... I was at, uh, Royal Fox for the Special Olympics. When I got here I felt like I was in 'em...

R: Here's the pitch, a little bit low...

F: I felt like I was in this year's Olympic Games...

R: It was in the marathon, that's for sure.

F: Yeah. Two hours to get here?

R: Mm-hmm.
They then go on to make comments about the traffic. For those of you who subscribe, it's at about 1 hour 37 min into the clip.

SOXSINCE'70
06-27-2004, 07:46 AM
I changed the title of that thread because it has nothing to do with Farmer's comments.

Farmer is sounding more monotone every day,at least to my ears.He has some good stories occasionally,but a color guy is supposed to add color,and Farmer and DJ are horrible,IMHO.

mcfish
06-28-2004, 02:52 PM
I think I finally found out what the apology was about. I went back to Monday's game on MLB Gameday Audio and during the 3rd inning was the following exchange:

They then go on to make comments about the traffic. For those of you who subscribe, it's at about 1 hour 37 min into the clip.
So 2 days of apologies and eighty posts about Iraq later, and we found out it was all over some extremely oversensitive listener? Farmer was for some reason making an appearance at the Special Olympics. Then he said that the traffic in to the stadium made him feel like he's in a marathan in the Olympics.

Some people really need to lighten up.

HomeFish
06-28-2004, 02:54 PM
One of my favorite activities at White Sox games is trying to guess what Ed Farmer must be saying in a given situation. One of these days I'll just have to bring a radio and see how close I am.

Brian26
06-28-2004, 03:05 PM
One of my favorite activities at White Sox games is trying to guess what Ed Farmer must be saying in a given situation. One of these days I'll just have to bring a radio and see how close I am.

One of the most enjoyable times I can have is sitting in the upperdeck by myself, with a bag of peanuts, listening to the call on the headphones and keeping score. You become completely immersed in the game. Everyone should do that at least once. It's amazing how soothing and beautiful the game can become at that point.

HomeFish
06-28-2004, 03:40 PM
I'm not sure about that; I for one have always associated people bringing radios into the park with Cub fans who can't follow what's going on on the field, and I don't think I'm alone on that.

Of course, keeping score might detract from that.

Philo-Sox-er
06-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Thanks for finally clarifying what was going on MrB!

Brian26
06-28-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure about that; I for one have always associated people bringing radios into the park with Cub fans who can't follow what's going on on the field, and I don't think I'm alone on that.

Of course, keeping score might detract from that.

Well, sometimes things happen that aren't necessarily apparent to someone in the stands. It's nice to know who's warming up in the bullpen...maybe some stats on guys who are still on the bench....explanation of an umpire's call that you may have missed. Bartman was just an idiot.

Palehose13
06-28-2004, 05:03 PM
Farmio had one of the best calls I've heard in a while today.

Zambrano was throwing over to first trying to get Timo , after the 6th throw over, Farmio said that Crede was going to get a fat one for a homer. CRACK , Crede homers on the next pitch.

I was at Puffers watching teh game Saturday and said that to the guy next to me. Maybe I should replace Farmer.
:D:

bobj4400
06-28-2004, 05:20 PM
I was at Puffers watching teh game Saturday and said that to the guy next to me. Maybe I should replace Farmer.
:D:
I stopped into Puffer's after the game on Saturday...good crowd. A lot less crowded then Jimbo's and the free grill in the back was a nice plus!

jabrch
06-29-2004, 12:19 PM
So 2 days of apologies and eighty posts about Iraq later, and we found out it was all over some extremely oversensitive listener? Farmer was for some reason making an appearance at the Special Olympics. Then he said that the traffic in to the stadium made him feel like he's in a marathan in the Olympics.

Some people really need to lighten up.

FINALLY!

Amazing....

Well, on the bright side it looks like UICJason decided to go elsewhere and leave us alone. I'm sure he will be welcom at cubs.com or ESPN's cubs board or something like that.