PDA

View Full Version : 5th Starter Tragedy: longer than Hamlet, but over at last?

Baby Fisk
06-24-2004, 04:19 PM
If his first start was the fluke and his second start was the real deal, Rauch is a-OK for the #5 spot. Time to land some bullpen help.

fledgedrallycap
06-24-2004, 04:21 PM
I think Floridian put it best in another thread where he stated that this at the least buys us some time and gives us a solid arm to A. either trade B. put in the pen and shoot Mike Jackson behind the barn.

Mickster
06-24-2004, 04:21 PM
Would much rather go out and get a #2 or #3 and use Rausch out of the pen. Still solve 2 problems by getting one pitcher. See you Jackson....

CanOfCorn
06-24-2004, 04:22 PM
http://msn.espn.go.com/i/columnists/gammons_peter_m.jpg "The White Sox haven't had a win out of their fifth starter since 1996. A trade that would make sense is Jeremy Reed and Joe Borchard for Tanyon Sturtze."

beckett21
06-24-2004, 04:27 PM
:rauch

"Put a fork in it baby. The misery is OVER."

:bandance:

The_Floridian
06-24-2004, 05:44 PM
I think Floridian put it best in another thread where he stated that this at the least buys us some time and gives us a solid arm to A. either trade B. put in the pen and shoot Mike Jackson behind the barn.
Now wait a second. I never said anything about shooting Mike behind the barn.

I was more leaning toward something like, "Yeah Mike. We repainted the team bus with Greyhound Colors. Nice huh? Oh no. We're taking the other bus. You go on ahead. We'll catch up with you. What? Oh, that destination sticker that says 'Fairbanks'? Don't pay attention to that. The guys were just havin a little fun. Ha ha. Okay. See you in Alask--I mean, Minny."

MRKARNO
06-24-2004, 06:18 PM
http://msn.espn.go.com/i/columnists/gammons_peter_m.jpg "The White Sox haven't had a win out of their fifth starter since 1996. A trade that would make sense is Jeremy Reed and Joe Borchard for Tanyon Sturtze."
LOL!!! That was great!

munchman33
06-24-2004, 06:28 PM
Please don't jinx this by posting "the search is over" threads.

fledgedrallycap
06-25-2004, 08:41 AM
Now wait a second. I never said anything about shooting Mike behind the barn.

I was more leaning toward something like, "Yeah Mike. We repainted the team bus with Greyhound Colors. Nice huh? Oh no. We're taking the other bus. You go on ahead. We'll catch up with you. What? Oh, that destination sticker that says 'Fairbanks'? Don't pay attention to that. The guys were just havin a little fun. Ha ha. Okay. See you in Alask--I mean, Minny."
I took your point and made it my own...:D:

HomerCoach
06-25-2004, 08:50 AM
Was it even a month ago when all (the majority)of you wanted to take Rauch behind the barn?:whistle: