PDA

View Full Version : Big Win Today

The_Floridian
06-24-2004, 05:10 PM
Boy was that big. Not only do we finally get a win from the fifth starter, but the bullpen goes 12 up and 12 down to boot. AND we got Adkins back.

Rauch's win eases things up on Kenny Williams, who is now no longer over a barrell when it comes to getting another pitcher. Now that we have a 5 starter who is capable of winning a game, the need for a pitcher is no longer quite as desperate, which brings down the value KW has to give up to get a Garcia/Hernandez/Batista.

Rauch's performance is also good news for our bullpen. If and when KW grabs us another starter, Rauch moves into the pen, where he could replace Mike Jackson, who is clearly having a rough go of it.

I feel good today. I was worried about our bullpen, particularly because it was uncertain when we'd be getting Adkins back. Now that he's there, we have four relievers, Adkins, Cotts, Marte and Takatsu, who range from solid to stellar. Politte is looking a lot better as well. I'd like another arm in there, but if KW gets us a starter, Rauch will be that arm, which is fine by me.

Now let's go kill the Cubs. :gulp:

DaveIsHere
06-24-2004, 05:14 PM
So what was wrong with adkins? Was a big win:supernana:

Randar68
06-24-2004, 05:14 PM
Boy was that big. Not only do we finally get a win from the fifth starter, but the bullpen goes 12 up and 12 down to boot. AND we got Adkins back.

Rauch's win eases things up on Kenny Williams, who is now no longer over a barrell when it comes to getting another pitcher. Now that we have a 5 starter who is capable of winning a game, the need for a pitcher is no longer quite as desperate, which brings down the value KW has to give up to get a Garcia/Hernandez/Batista.

Rauch's performance is also good news for our bullpen. If and when KW grabs us another starter, Rauch moves into the pen, where he could replace Mike Jackson, who is clearly having a rough go of it.

I feel good today. I was worried about our bullpen, particularly because it was uncertain when we'd be getting Adkins back. Now that he's there, we have four relievers, Adkins, Cotts, Marte and Takatsu, who range from solid to stellar. Politte is looking a lot better as well. I'd like another arm in there, but if KW gets us a starter, Rauch will be that arm, which is fine by me.

Can you seriously not see "*Official* 6-24 Sox vs. Tribe Post Game Thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35645) " or are you just too lazy to look before posting?

The_Floridian
06-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Can you seriously not see "*Official* 6-24 Sox vs. Tribe Post Game Thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35645) " or are you just too lazy to look before posting?
When I started writing this post, the 6-24 thread had not yet been created. I'm not a very fast typer.

I apologize for that, but I'm not sure it was necessary to be so nasty. I assure you this was not intentional.

inta
06-24-2004, 05:18 PM
when was the last time we kept a team to only only run?

DaveIsHere
06-24-2004, 05:19 PM
When I started writing this post, the 6-24 thread had not yet been created. I'm not a very fast typer.

I apologize for that, but I'm not sure it was necessary to be so nasty. I assure you this was not intentional.
Randar is just cranky and bossy:tongue:

Randar68
06-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Randar is just cranky and bossy:tongue:
I understand how much work the mods here do and all the repetitve Thread Baby-Sitting takes a TON of time.

1) After every game, an offical Post-Game thread is started
2) After every trade, there is a huge thread somewhere
3) If you read an article and want to post a link here or comment about it, at least read the front page of Threads, AT THE MINIMUM.
3A) If that article is more than about 12 hours old, BE ASSURED, it has been posted and talked about at length!

That's just the tip of the iceberg, but those 3 rules alone will save mods here a lot of time.

Sorry, but all the repetition makes finding anything of value harder in addition to the work the Mods have to do to extract the garbage and consolidate threads.

The_Floridian
06-24-2004, 05:27 PM
I understand how much work the mods here do and all the repetitve Thread Baby-Sitting takes a TON of time.

1) After every game, an offical Post-Game thread is started
2) After every trade, there is a huge thread somewhere
3) If you read an article and want to post a link here or comment about it, at least read the front page of Threads, AT THE MINIMUM.
3A) If that article is more than about 12 hours old, BE ASSURED, it has been posted and talked about at length!

That's just the tip of the iceberg, but those 3 rules alone will save mods here a lot of time.

Sorry, but all the repetition makes finding anything of value harder in addition to the work the Mods have to do to extract the garbage and consolidate threads.
Understood. Thanks.

And furthermore, Jon Rauch is tall.

Randar68
06-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Understood. Thanks.

And furthermore, Jon Rauch is tall.
You see him after the HR last night? It was like he was the only one in on the screen! It was like watching The Tin Man stand in the middle of the Lollipop Guild!

valposoxfan
06-24-2004, 06:38 PM

It was a good outing and I feel better that we got a win out of a fifth starter, but if you don't think we are still desperate for another starter you are sadly mistaken.