PDA

View Full Version : Pitching, Pitching, Pitching

Irishsox1
06-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Finally, the fifth starter gets a win for the Sox. However, the recent problems with the Sox can be attributed to the pitching. Starting with Billy Koch blowing the game in Oakland till today, the Sox have not held a team to 1 run or less. Now that the Billy Koch problem has been solved, the games really come down to executing. If the Sox get a lead and hold it to the 9th, then the game is over. So, the starters and bullpen have to keep the runs down if the Sox are going to catch Minnesota.

Risk
06-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Finally, the fifth starter gets a win for the Sox. However, the recent problems with the Sox can be attributed to the pitching. Starting with Billy Koch blowing the game in Oakland till today, the Sox have not held a team to 1 run or less. Now that the Billy Koch problem has been solved, the games really come down to executing. If the Sox get a lead and hold it to the 9th, then the game is over. So, the starters and bullpen have to keep the runs down if the Sox are going to catch Minnesota.
Truer words have never been spoken. Still, go get Garcia.

Risk

bigdommer
06-24-2004, 03:57 PM
I agree. I just posted on another thread that if our starters can keep us ahead or tied past the fifth, our offense is good enough to tack on against other bullpens, and our bullpen is pretty solid with the lead (because Oz will use Marte and Shingo). If our starters can go 6 with a lead or tie, I like our chances with Marte and Shingo finishing teams off.

mdep524
06-24-2004, 04:01 PM
Truer words have never been spoken. Still, go get Garcia.

Risk
And the better the in-house 5th starter does, the easier it will be for KW to make a trade.

Lip Man 1
06-24-2004, 04:29 PM
Can't argue with your comments. Pitching wins pennants.

Lip