PDA

View Full Version : Nice outing today JR

jabrch
06-24-2004, 03:59 PM
It was good to see Rauch pitch well for 5 innings. I'll take that every day from our 5th starter.

Welcome back to the bigs. This is your second chance - don't waste it.

(I wonder how someone will hijack this thread and make it negative?)

nitetrain8601
06-24-2004, 04:00 PM
JR sucks....get him outta here....we need FG or Ben Sheets......JR got lucky....hes a punk....how's that for hi-jacking?

duke of dorwood
06-24-2004, 04:01 PM
I'm happy for Jon-he did well, in a pressure situation. He came thru big today

Iwritecode
06-24-2004, 04:02 PM
It was good to see Rauch pitch well for 5 innings. I'll take that every day from our 5th starter.

Rauch walked too many guys and should have gone at least 8 innings because our bullpen sucks.

Of course we wouldn't even have this problem if JR/KW would get another starter...

There. I got it out of the way for ya... :tongue:

MRKARNO
JR Please sell!!!

Rauch can stay though :)

SoxFan78
Hopefully he's still in the park!!

He did good though, way to come back Rauch.

California Sox
06-24-2004, 04:06 PM
JR is still leaving the ball up more than I'd like but based on how he was doing in the minors, I wouldn't be surprised if he settled in and was decent if they give him a regular turn for a while. Oz (and us) will probably have to be a little patient. And Politte gave us a good inning.

idseer
06-24-2004, 04:08 PM
just keep the lead now .... i don't really want to shave my head! :(:

SSN721
06-24-2004, 04:09 PM
JR got a little bit lucky by some fine defensive plays but all in all did a good job. I would take that performance from our 5th spot any day. 1 run over 5 innings is just fine by me. Hopefully he can keep it up and be a good stopgap til we get another starter.

idseer
06-24-2004, 04:12 PM
JR got a little bit lucky by some fine defensive plays but all in all did a good job. I would take that performance from our 5th spot any day. 1 run over 5 innings is just fine by me. Hopefully he can keep it up and be a good stopgap til we get another starter.
stop gap hell. rauch is going to remain a dependable performer from here on.
i'd STILLL like to get another starter tho for shoe's spot. he will not get any better.

CanOfCorn
06-24-2004, 04:35 PM
If we keep the lead (fingers crossed), it's going to pose some big problems for ESPN. How are they going to be able to continue to say that we haven't had a win out of our 5th spot since 2002?

SSN721
06-24-2004, 04:40 PM
i'd STILLL like to get another starter tho for shoe's spot. he will not get any better.

He has definitely earned another start. I dont know if I am as convinced that he will definitely be a dependable performer from here on. From his appearences this year I dont know which pitcher he is, the one today or the one against the Angels. Either way, today and that day he had me on the edge of me seat and depended on great defensive plays to get him out of trouble. I have more confidence that Schoeny will give me 6-7 inning giving up 2-5 runs consistently all year. I want to see Rauch at least 2 or 3 more starts before I start thinking the same about him. But still, good job today.
:D:

Baby Fisk
06-24-2004, 04:44 PM
:KW

"Good job, Jon. Now get back in that damn Southpaw costume until we need you again."

thepaulbowski
06-24-2004, 04:44 PM
Rauch did not lose this game today, which is the job of the 5th starter. Good job Jon...this is for you :gulp:

jabrch
06-24-2004, 04:47 PM
Rauch did not lose this game today, which is the job of the 5th starter. Good job Jon...this is for you :gulp:

More than not losing the game, he only gave up 1 run. He WON the game.

ND_Sox_Fan
06-24-2004, 04:49 PM
I like your thinking. I don't want to jump the gun on Rauch, but I think Shoe would be better in the pen where we need more help anyway!!

inta
06-24-2004, 04:51 PM
wow, i hope mark took notes.

bigdommer
06-24-2004, 04:53 PM
I agree. All we need is someone to keep us in the game for 5 innings. JR was up against Westbrook (who has thrown very well this year) and he got us through the first half with the lead. With this offense, we should be able to win games that we are winning/tied after the fifth.

I also like what Oz did. Rauch had been in some jams, and then gives up a double to start the 6th. Oz pulled Rauch while his confidence was high, and left him in a position to get the win. Big confidence booster for JR, especially against an offense that scored 5 against Shoney, and then pounded BurlyMon and ELo, our co-aces.

owensmouth
06-24-2004, 04:54 PM
He earned another start. I'd like to see a few more 1 - 2 - 3 innings, but mostly I want to see more wins!

He did much better than I thought he would.

beckett21
06-24-2004, 05:23 PM
He earned another start. I'd like to see a few more 1 - 2 - 3 innings, but mostly I want to see more wins!

He did much better than I thought he would.
Kudos to you for giving the big man credit, albeit a somewhat backhanded compliment. Remember....I made note of your previous quote on the matter...but now I won't throw it back in your face! :redneck

Just kidding!--of course I will throw it back in your face!:D:

Way to go big Jon--we needed that.

:rauch

"Now everyone please get the hell off my back!" :supernana:

FarWestChicago
06-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Way to go big Jon--we needed that.:rauch

I really don't like FOLIP's. So I though I would help give them another rough day. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Randar68
06-24-2004, 05:30 PM
:rauch

I really don't like FOLIP's. So I though I would help give them another rough day. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gifLOL! Next bad outing from Rauch (or Schoeny for that matter) will bring them back in full force, what with this start being an abberation and all.

Lip Man 1
06-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Rauch deserves another start and he has bought the club more time to keep shopping.

The 5th starter streak is over. Thank God.

Lip

Mohoney
06-24-2004, 06:07 PM
What made it even more impressive was the fact that he thrived despite a really tight strike zone on border-line calls (for both starters). Rauch was really hitting his spots, didn't cave in to a tight strike zone, KEPT THE BALL IN THE PARK, and threw 3 pitches very effectively. The Indians hitters look baffled by the change early on.

Granted, he looked out of gas in the 5th inning, but he really showed a lot of grit getting out of jams. He really deserved that win, and our offense finally came through against a good pitcher.

Randar68
06-24-2004, 06:15 PM
What made it even more impressive was the fact that he thrived despite a really tight strike zone on border-line calls (for both starters). Rauch was really hitting his spots, didn't cave in to a tight strike zone, KEPT THE BALL IN THE PARK, and threw 3 pitches very effectively. The Indians hitters look baffled by the change early on.

Granted, he looked out of gas in the 5th inning, but he really showed a lot of grit getting out of jams. He really deserved that win, and our offense finally came through against a good pitcher.
He hadn't pitched since the 8 inning outing on June 15th, so it was kind of expected. He has been under prettty close watch on his # of pitches for most of the year too, so it was a given he wasn't going to be able to go too deep. I'm still surprised Ozzie sent him out there for the 6th, but I understand trying to get the bullpen one more inning of rest before this weekend.

:cheers: Here's to a 15 inning Cubs loss tonight and them not getting into town until 7 or 8 AM tomorrow!

hose
06-24-2004, 06:34 PM
Kenny should continue to do the opposite of what his initial thought was.

Rauch went from never putting on a White Sox uniform again and any GM interested should call Williams to breaking the 5th starters night mare streak.

jamteh
06-24-2004, 09:05 PM
I'm just hoping my JR autographed baseball will actually be worth something some day!:smile:

Flight #24
06-24-2004, 09:52 PM
If we keep the lead (fingers crossed), it's going to pose some big problems for ESPN. How are they going to be able to continue to say that we haven't had a win out of our 5th spot since 2002?Why begin to let facts get in the way of a good story now?

Nice job Jon, keep it up!
:supernana: :) :supernana:

RichFitztightly
06-24-2004, 11:08 PM
I'm man enough to where I gotta give Rauch credit for today. I still don't think he's a good pitcher. I'd rather see almost anybody else in there. But, he earned the right to keep going here in the bigs so kudos to him and I hope he keeps it up.

Randar68
06-24-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm man enough to where I gotta give Rauch credit for today. I still don't think he's a good pitcher. I'd rather see almost anybody else in there. But, he earned the right to keep going here in the bigs so kudos to him and I hope he keeps it up.At least you're open-minded about it!

gosox41
06-25-2004, 07:27 AM

Hopefully Rauch will now get a fair shot as a starter with this team, something that should have ha ppened since spring training.

Bob