PDA

View Full Version : Barry Zito

Mots09
06-24-2004, 03:49 PM
I know the A's are in search of bullpen help which we can't help them much with but am I out of line saying I would give up:

Borchard and Munoz or Rausch for Zito

Let me hear some thoughts. Anyone think Beene would bite at that. Yet look at the last time KW tried to pull something over Bill :angry:

munchman33
06-24-2004, 07:32 PM
I know the A's are in search of bullpen help which we can't help them much with but am I out of line saying I would give up:

Let me hear some thoughts. Anyone think Beene would bite at that. Yet look at the last time KW tried to pull something over Bill :angry:
They'd have to give up a helluva lot more for Zito. Possibly all that, with Maggs to boot.

MarkEdward
06-24-2004, 07:52 PM

The Sox would need to give up more to get Zito. Borchard isn't Beane's cup of tea and Rauch is a fringe prospect. Munoz is the best of the bunch in this deal, and I think other teams could offer a much better package.

Right now, the A's could use another reliever (though I think Mecir, Rhodes, Hammond, and Bradford will improve once the season continues). Their offense has been fine, though they could probably use another bat off the bench. It was nice to see them come back and take the final two games over the Angels. Mulder pitched a gem today.