PDA

View Full Version : Paulies blast?!?!?!

Tekijawa
06-24-2004, 10:19 AM
I don't know if it was just because I was sitting over by home plate, I usually sit out in right field but did Paulies HR look a whole lot further that 407feet? I thought that it landed up on the concourse? Any one out there see this?

TornLabrum
06-24-2004, 10:26 AM
I don't know if it was just because I was sitting over by home plate, I usually sit out in right field but did Paulies HR look a whole lot further that 407feet? I thought that it landed up on the concourse? Any one out there see this?
It landed short of the concourse by several rows. I was in short left field down the line in the boxes.

zach23
06-24-2004, 10:45 AM
It landed short of the concourse by several rows. I was in short left field down the line in the boxes.

I think he meant the 2nd home run. I was sitting in the first row of 162 and that blast was 2 sections over and did almost make the concourse. It landed just a few rows in front of the rails where the back of the old bullpen used to be. That had to be more than 407.

TornLabrum
06-24-2004, 11:26 AM
I think he meant the 2nd home run. I was sitting in the first row of 162 and that blast was 2 sections over and did almost make the concourse. It landed just a few rows in front of the rails where the back of the old bullpen used to be. That had to be more than 407.
That's the one I'm talking about. It was close enough to the line (as opposed to center) where it wassn't much more than 407. The guys behind me were guessing about 380, and I knew they were quite a bit short.

soxruleEP
06-24-2004, 11:41 AM
Konerko's second HR: I was sitting in the next section over towards the left field line in row 22 and it landed at least five to six rows behind me--I thought it was the longest homerun I have seen this season.

minastirith67
06-24-2004, 11:46 AM
I was in right-center field (101) and it definitely hit i'd say about 10 rows short of the concourse. I'm basing that entirely off of my recollection though.

kjhanson
06-24-2004, 11:54 AM
I was sitting in the left field boxes too, pretty far down, right by the Sox bullpen. It was definitely an absolute bomb. It was one of the hardest hit balls I've ever seen. It was on a straight line and probably would've bounced off the Green Monster for a single and gone out of the park in the straightaway gap at the Marlin's stadium (434 feet). 407 was pretty cheap. If they took into account angle and velocity, rather than where it nailed into the seats, I believe it would have been close to 450 feet.

MRKARNO
06-24-2004, 03:56 PM
Judging from the replay it couldnt have been more 420. 407 could be right. They made the distance chart for the home run derby last year soI think that they are probably right