PDA

View Full Version : Which Chicago bullpen sucks more?

Whitesox029
06-23-2004, 10:28 PM
Who's worse? Farnsworth and the Cubs' pen or Jackson and the Sox's pen?

It's pretty close, but I think it goes to the Cubs because we have Shingo, who's amazing.

Vsahajpal
06-23-2004, 10:33 PM
I think both pens will be just fine. I also think any team in baseball would take Kyle if given the chance.

Whitesox029
06-23-2004, 10:37 PM
I think both pens will be just fine. I also think any team in baseball would take Kyle if given the chance.Have you been paying attention lately? Mostly tonight? The pens cost both teams their games tonight.

Vsahajpal
06-23-2004, 10:41 PM
It happens, it is a long season, but I like our bullpen and I think the Sox pen will be fine too. Last I checked, both Rusch and Buehrle pitched poorly. Relax, man.

MRKARNO
06-23-2004, 11:12 PM
Both bullpens are about the same. Marte and Shingo form an excellent back end of the bullpen, but the Sox have no middle relief. Cotts has been used improperly by Ozzie: he's gotten out of jams very well, but he just isnt suited for two innings of relief. I think Cotts will return to being effective however. Jackson and Politte I have less hope for, but I think that options such as Jose Santiago, Courtney Duncan, Kelly Wunsch and Jeff Bajaneru could be the answers to the middle relief puzzle. I cant really speak about Darensbourg, but judging by the amount of balls he threw, I would imagine he wont be that much better either, unless that was just a result of his nervousness. Adkins has done a fine job in the mop-up role.

Cubs back end of the pen: Hawkins doesnt match up with Shingo and Farnsworth doesnt match up with Marte; he just has too much of a tendency to fail in big situations. Mercker is a billion times better than Cotts. Beltran is better than Jackson. Politte and Remlinger are about equal. Blowrowski is terrible, if he ever comes back. Leiciester is OK I assume, comparable to Adkins. I'd probably take our bullpen in a 2 inning or less situation and the Cubs in a 3-4 inning situation.