PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Laugh-at-the-Cubs-for-tonight's-game Thread

Whitesox029
06-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Leading 9-5, 3 leadoff walks scored in the late innings, one on Kyle Farnsworth's first pitch, a wild one, with two outs. The batter then proceeded to pop up to right. Talk amongst yourselves.

soxwon
06-23-2004, 10:46 PM
I JUST HOPE THEY implode against us

DrCrawdad
06-23-2004, 11:44 PM
As much as I might like to, it's difficult to celebrate a Cubbie loss after the Sox slide continues.

DrCrawdad
06-23-2004, 11:47 PM
After the Montreal fiasco, I said to a co-worker that I could see the Sox losing 3 of 4 to the Indians considering how the Indians have been hitting and how poorly nearly every Sox pitcher is doing.

This is a very bad mojo going into the series with the Cubbies.

Whitesox029
06-24-2004, 12:48 AM
As much as I might like to, it's difficult to celebrate a Cubbie loss after the Sox slide continues.

After the Montreal fiasco, I said to a co-worker that I could see the Sox losing 3 of 4 to the Indians considering how the Indians have been hitting and how poorly nearly every Sox pitcher is doing.

This is a very bad mojo going into the series with the Cubbies.You gotta have something to keep you going! I agree it doesn't take the pain away completely, but it helps a bit, doesn't it?
Look on the bright side--we will go into the Cubs series due for a few huge, huge games. Hopefully we hit tomorrow because I have a feeling the Jndjans are going to score some tomorrow...probably more than they did tonight....

DSpivack
06-24-2004, 03:29 AM
You gotta have something to keep you going! I agree it doesn't take the pain away completely, but it helps a bit, doesn't it?
Look on the bright side--we will go into the Cubs series due for a few huge, huge games. Hopefully we hit tomorrow because I have a feeling the Jndjans are going to score some tomorrow...probably more than they did tonight....
We do always play the Cubs well, but this years team is arguably the best they've had in a long, long time [their bullpen sucks, but you gotta admit they have a very good rotation and a very solid lineup]. Sure, they lost tonight, and I'm not about to jump on the bandwagon or praise them as NL Central Division winners; but they are very dangerous. We should beat the teams we are supposed to beat- Montreal and Cleveland are two great examples of this. Then again, don't we always beat the teams we're "supposed" to lose to and lose to the teams we are supposed to beat? So yeah, I guess we'll beat the Cubs.

TornLabrum
06-24-2004, 07:38 AM

This is a very bad mojo going into the series with the Cubbies.
That explains everything! You JINXED us!

pearso66
06-25-2004, 12:41 AM
I don't see how Cleveland is a team we are "supposed" to beat. Aren't they one of the hottest teams in the MLB right now? They are pretty close in the race for the Central arent they? Maybe they actually are a good team, and for that case, i'll take 2/4.