PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox/Tribe Postgame rant: June 23

FarWestChicago
06-23-2004, 10:38 PM
Have at it...

JRIG
06-23-2004, 10:39 PM
I'm sorry, I know the game is over, but is Mark Buehrle still pitching, Ozzie?

MRKARNO
06-23-2004, 10:39 PM
Because we know it's coming anyways:

:chickenlittle

samram
06-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Apparently, the Cubs no longer hold the patent for June swoons.

idseer
06-23-2004, 10:43 PM
Apparently, the Cubs no longer hold the patent for June swoons.
i saw some good things tonight. unfortunately most of it was on the indians side.

OurBitchinMinny
Who the hell is the impostor in mark buerhle's uniform? Did Todd ritchie learn how to throw left handed? But dont worry, we have the great Jon Rauch on the bump tomorrow. Hopefully he doesnt got an early flight to catch

gosox3072
The sky isnt falling, we are going to have slumps here and there during the season. This is slump #2 for us. Its only a matter of time before we start clicking again. Tommarow is almost a must win game for us. The central division is already a 3 team race now, but i really dont want to see a tie for 2nd at the end of this series.

For the record i think rauch will pitch well tommarow. He really has something to prove to this team after his ordeal a few weeks ago. A win tommarow and a twin loss would come in real handy going into the cub series.

Hangar18
06-23-2004, 10:44 PM
I dislike Mike Jackson as much as I dislike Mike Murphy

duke of dorwood
06-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Over the last few weeks, Garland has been the most consistant starter. Bullpen in disarray-

The Sky IS falling

idseer
06-23-2004, 10:45 PM
if rauch doesn't get the victory tomorrow ... i will shave my head! :smile:

who's with me?

pudge
06-23-2004, 10:46 PM
Because we know it's coming anyways:

:chickenlittle

That's just annoying dude.

OurBitchinMinny
06-23-2004, 10:47 PM
whether or not rauch pitches well tomorrow, this team shouldnt be put in the position of having to have him pitch great to salvage a series.

AnkleSox
06-23-2004, 10:48 PM
Even including the games we won, this has been the 8th straight poorly played baseball game by the sox.

Dadawg_77
06-23-2004, 10:48 PM
if rauch doesn't get the victory tomorrow ... i will shave my head! :smile:

who's with me?
So you are bald, huh.

OEO Magglio
06-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Tomorrows game almost turns out to be a must win now and the pitching matchup doesn't look good. Westbrook vs. Rauch. Mike Jackson is awful, this team better wake up and in a hurry. Jon Rauch has to be the stopper tomorrow which just isn't a good sign. The sox have some issues right now but luckily are still only two games out of first.

balboner
06-23-2004, 10:50 PM
The Sox might have the worst pitching in all of baseball now. I guess this is what happens when you don't sign any free agents, can't develop pitchers, and let your starters throw 120 pitches on a regular asis.

idseer
So you are bald, huh.
absolutely not ............ exactly.

PaleHoseGeorge
I'm just glad we're getting all these losses out of our system in time to play well this weekend.

:smile:

MRKARNO
06-23-2004, 10:52 PM
That's just annoying dude.
So are fellow WSI Posters who are bipolar and go absolutely crazy after every loss and Twins win to the point of practically conceding the season

idseer
06-23-2004, 10:53 PM
I'm just glad we're getting all these losses out of our system in time to play well this weekend.

:smile:

what other team is that clever? :D:

OEO Magglio
06-23-2004, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=balboner]The Sox might have the worst pitching in all of baseball now. I guess this is what happens when you don't sign any free agents,QUOTE]
Here we go, the sox are playing bad so lets take a shot at some one in the front office, surprise, surprise.

OurBitchinMinny
06-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Right now the rotation stacks up this way

#1 Jon Garland-not a good thing that he is the #1
#2 SS- Yeah he has lost a few in a row, but he keeps them in games and gets little run support
#3-E-lo-Dont know what his deal is, but he cant hit his spots
#4-Buerhle-just flat out awful
#5-? All the above have looked like it at times

kcsportscaster
06-23-2004, 10:56 PM
First off, without seeing highlights, yet, because once again, ESPN force-fed their dearly beloved Flubbies, ha, ha, they lost, I sense that Buehrle was left in too long and the bullpen didn't help much either. The Sox are hitting, that I like, but I am a bit concerned about the pitching the last few games. However, the Sox are two games back, within striking distance, so I like their chances for taking the A-L Central crown from the Twinkies. However, they need Thursday night's game against the Indians in the worst way in order to at least not lose ground to the Twinkies going into the weekend. Here's hoping Rauch has his head on straight and will give the Sox a much better outing than they have gotten lately. Then, GO OUT AND SWEEP THE FLUBBIES, NOT ONLY FOR SOX FANS IN CHICAGOLAND, NOT ONLY FOR WE SOX FANS OUTSIDE THE MIDWEST, BUT FOR ALL OF AMERICA, ESPECIALLY THE CHILDREN!!!! GOT THAT????

Later on,

Ken

Hangar18
06-23-2004, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=balboner]The Sox might have the worst pitching in all of baseball now. I guess this is what happens when you don't sign any free agents, can't develop pitchers:reinsy QUOTE]

"But look at the MONEY we saved this year!"

JayT
06-23-2004, 10:58 PM
sometimes it just it hurts to watch. like giving blood.

OurBitchinMinny
06-23-2004, 10:58 PM
The front office pisses me off too, but now is not the time to blame them. The players they do have are just playing awful baseball. Management cant play for them. Would it be nice if they got rid of some of them and brought some real ML'ers in? Yeah, but its their team and they arent gonna do it right now

Viva Magglio
06-23-2004, 11:01 PM
So are fellow WSI Posters who are bipolar and go absolutely crazy after every loss and Twins win to the point of practically conceding the seasonWell, I don't know what you want the White Sox to do, but I would like them to win baseball games. That is because if they win baseball games on a consistent basis, they stand a chance of being a first place baseball team and staying there. And when they do not win baseball games on a consistent basis, I have a problem.

I am not saying the season is over. However, there is no way on God's green earth we will win anything playing like this. The last thing it does is instill confidence in us. Right now, the only campaign in more trouble than ours is Jack Ryan's.

Hangar18
06-23-2004, 11:04 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$ All came here because of we (:reinsy )
wanted to save some MONEY.

OEO Magglio
06-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Well, I don't know what you want the White Sox to do, but I would like them to win baseball games. That is because if they win baseball games on a consistent basis, they stand a chance of being a first place baseball team and staying there. And when they do not win baseball games on a consistent basis, I have a problem.

I am not saying the season is over. However, there is no way on God's green earth we will win anything playing like this. The last thing it does is instill confidence in us.We all want this team to win, however it gets annoying after every loss for people to continue to just rip into the team like they're awful and have no chance of going anywhere. Of course they aren't going anywhere with the way they are playing right now but they're in a slump. When they go on a hot streak(which they will) people are going to start declaring them world series champs. They're killing me right now with the way they're playing but the season isn't over, they've been playing awful since botch decided to ruin the west coast trip but they're still 2 games out of first place. Be thankful usually when the sox get on their big losing streak and big slump by the time they start playing well again they're 8 or 9 games back. The sky isn't falling but the sox are slumping but that's all it is, a slump.

chisox56
06-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Is mike jackson the reincarnated rick white of last year, giving up runs every time he pitches it seems like, and why didn't darensbourg pitch to broussard?

jordan23ventura
06-23-2004, 11:09 PM
So are fellow WSI Posters who are bipolar and go absolutely crazy after every loss and Twins win to the point of practically conceding the seasonNobody is going "bipolar." This was just another perfect example of a terrible game that we've seen far too much lately. Ex: pop-up bunt by Valentin, not able to get Uribe in after a 1-out triple, Carlos standing at home plate watching his almost-home run, Buerhle giving up 3 straight singles w/ nobody out in the 8th, and of course Mike Jackson's 4 RBIs for the Indians.

I know popular belief is that the Sox will turn it around, and I believe that as well, but you can't help but get frustrated when the team plays well below average consistently, especially when they can't get a runner in from third and pop up bunts.

Viva Magglio
06-23-2004, 11:10 PM
We all want this team to win, however it gets annoying after every loss for people to continue to just rip into the team like they're awful and have no chance of going anywhere. Of course they aren't going anywhere with the way they are playing right now but they're in a slump. When they go on a hot streak(which they will) people are going to start declaring them world series champs. They're killing me right now with the way they're playing but the season isn't over, they've been playing awful since botch decided to ruin the west coast trip but they're still 2 games out of first place. Be thankful usually when the sox get on their big losing streak and big slump by the time they start playing well again they're 8 or 9 games back. The sky isn't falling but the sox are slumping but that's all it is, a slump.
You believe they will go on a hot streak? Are you Irene Hughes? If they happen to go on a hot streak, I'd naturally feel more confident about them like anyone else. However, I would not go so far as to "declare them World Series champs." My confidence level can only be measured by the level at which the White Sox are currently playing. And tonight's game was the 18th one since May 30 that was either a loss (12) or a win that could have been a loss (6).

Clarkdog
06-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Okay, first let me say this - THE SKY IS NOT FALLING. There, so it's on the record.

But, I think many of us - myself included - felt that this team had four holes when they broke camp in April.

1. Starting rotation (particulary the 4 and 5 slots)
2. Bullpen
3. CF (Rowand)
4. 2B (Harris)

Rowand and Harris and Uribe have been nice surprises but the holes in the pitching are beginning to show now. Fortunately, we are only 2 games back. Can we get back on track? Sure. But there is no question that if this team is serious about contending - it needs to acquire a 5th starter and and at least one arm to shore up that bullpen. This we all know. The problem that I have with this scenario is that in the off season there were options. More options than there are now. With this June funk, we will be forced to overpay to obtain the players we need. The Sox management painted itself into a corner when they could have taken some steps in the spring to plug the holes. Instead, they did nothing sans Uribe, Takatsu, and Dransfeldt.

Hawk and DJ mentioned the fact that the Sox have yet to get on that "good roll". It's tough to get on that roll when your 0-8 with an 11+ ERA every fifth start, and have only one or two pitchers in your bullpen that you think can hold a lead.

I am optimistic and I am hopeful. I think all the fans are as well -- they are showing up. We deserve better. Plug the holes. Now.

Whitesox029
06-23-2004, 11:11 PM
I dislike Mike Jackson as much as I dislike Mike MurphyDislike is not a strong enough word. That's all I have to say.

A. Cavatica
06-23-2004, 11:13 PM
I'm sorry, I know the game is over, but is Mark Buehrle still pitching, Ozzie?
Some thoughts.

1. Ozzie is the anti-Manuel. JM had one of the quickest hooks I've ever seen, and combined with his love for lefty-righty matchups, it seemed like we went through four or five pitchers every game. Ozzie has a slow hook, allegedly because he wants his pitchers to learn to pitch out of trouble.

2. For the first two months of the season, Ozzie's approach worked. Now, though, the starters are tired from all the innings. The bullpen is also tired from having to cover for the fifth starter; with games every day, we can't hide the problem like we did in April. And the bullpen has been getting shelled, so Ozzie's responded by leaving the starters in even longer.

3. Dropping in a Garcia would do wonders. It would bump Schoeneweis to the #5 spot, where he could post his customary 5 ERA and still look like a savior; it would mean some easier matchups for Buehrle and Loazia and Garland, too. It would mean that up to 100 innings would be pitched by Garcia instead of cannon fodder like Jackson, Politte, Darensbourg, and Adkins. It would allow Ozzie to pull pitchers sooner.

4. Not that the D-Backs would do this, but if I could rent Randy Johnson, I would give them Magglio and (say) Diaz.

MRKARNO
06-23-2004, 11:18 PM
Well, I don't know what you want the White Sox to do, but I would like them to win baseball games. That is because if they win baseball games on a consistent basis, they stand a chance of being a first place baseball team and staying there. And when they do not win baseball games on a consistent basis, I have a problem.

I am not saying the season is over. However, there is no way on God's green earth we will win anything playing like this. The last thing it does is instill confidence in us. Right now, the only campaign in more trouble than ours is Jack Ryan's.
Well no one likes to see this, but we're still MUCH more in this race than out of it. 2 games out? That's not a huge problem, especially considering we have 95+ games to close that 2 game gap.

Hangar18
06-23-2004, 11:21 PM
But, I think many of us - myself included - felt that this team had four holes when they broke camp in April.
1. Starting rotation (particulary the 4 and 5 slots)
2. Bullpen
3. CF (Rowand)
4. 2B (Harris)

I am optimistic and I am hopeful. I think all the fans are as well -- they are showing up. We deserve better. Plug the holes. Now.

"You people arent Looking at the BIG PICTURE !!!! Look at the money we were
able to SAVE !!! Oh, and remember when I said start coming to the park,
then I would buy us some players ? I was just kidding ...sheeesh!
YOu people take things too literally ......Muahhhh hahaaa Muaahh hahhahaa!

:reinsy

Cellview22
06-23-2004, 11:23 PM
I agree with you, A...Ozzie's slow hook is starting to cost us bigtime. He's keeping the starters in way too long, when it's clear to everyone they're toast. It's also shattering their confidence. :(:

OEO Magglio
06-23-2004, 11:26 PM
Well everyone please stop with blaming this game on ozzie. What the heck did you want him to do, this bullpen is awful right now, damaso and shingo are the only guys out there who are worth a damn and they can't pitch every night, I'll take a tired mark buehrle over mike jackson, politte or anyone else in the pen except for damaso and shingo, give the ozzie bashing a rest.

South Side
06-23-2004, 11:27 PM
when it's clear to everyone they're toast. It's also shattering their confidence. :(:
Which is the exact of opposite of what he wants it to do... Ozzie, please, take them out!

chisox06
06-23-2004, 11:38 PM
The one thing that irritates me the most out of all this is Carlos' "homerun" trot after he hit that ball that bounces off the wall. And of course he gets thrown out a second easily. THAT IS THE MOST DISCUSTING THING IN BASEBALL, I would bench Carlos' ass for the next two games, god that gets on my nerves. Egotistical maniacs, hey Carlos why dont you learn to run the bases before you start trotting around them. Man that just irks me to no end.

mmmmmbeeer
06-23-2004, 11:39 PM
First off, I'm with all the other sane folks who realize that Ozzie has absolutely no choice but to leave the games in the hands of his starters. When your starters are struggling and your bullpen sucks, there's not a lot that you can do as a manager that will be a popular decision, a "pick your poison" kind of deal.

Secondly, the sky's not falling, but I'm getting concerned. This is now a 3 team race. Cleveland is making us look like a little league team. If they walk out of Chicago taking 3/4 they will have renewed confidence that they can win this division. I believe their schedule is somewhat weighted like the Sox, as far as they are playing the majority of their difficult teams in the 1st half. I'm more concerned with Cleveland at this point than I am with Minny.

1951Campbell
06-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Nobody is going "bipolar." :bs:

Jerko
06-23-2004, 11:52 PM
Nobody is going "bipolar." This was just another perfect example of a terrible game that we've seen far too much lately. Ex: pop-up bunt by Valentin, not able to get Uribe in after a 1-out triple, Carlos standing at home plate watching his almost-home run, Buerhle giving up 3 straight singles w/ nobody out in the 8th, and of course Mike Jackson's 4 RBIs for the Indians.

I know popular belief is that the Sox will turn it around, and I believe that as well, but you can't help but get frustrated when the team plays well below average consistently, especially when they can't get a runner in from third and pop up bunts.
GREAT post. Valentin's bunt went further than the ball he hit his next at bat. Then again, I don't think he should have been bunting there anyway. THEIR shortstop could bunt though. Then Carlos gets tossed at 2nd while listening to the organ play, thinking he had a homer, Uribe busts his ass to get to 3rd an a triple and the NEXT 2 GUYS (3 and 4 hitter by the way) STRIKE OUT, etc. Also, giving up 3 of Belliards 4 homers in one week and Broussard's 2nd whole homer of the year didn't help either. And as for that yellow line? Why does it exist at the Cell? I know some parks need it, but the Cell has a low fence that is the same height all the way around. How about this rule at the Cell? If the ball goes OVER the wall, it's a homer. If the ball hits the top of the wall and comes back, it's not a homer. Farmer actually said that the ONLY park where the yellow line is NOT a homer is the Cell. Well, maybe we should paint that line green instead of the seats. Well, on to Rauch. Come on boy, let's turn the tables for once and shut these guys down!

CWSGuy406
06-24-2004, 12:07 AM
So are fellow WSI Posters who are bipolar and go absolutely crazy after every loss and Twins win to the point of practically conceding the season
We're playing/pitching like absolute crap right now, so I guess it should be expected. But I agree with you, that we go crazy after almost every loss. We'll get back on track, I just hope it is sooner rather than later...

CWSGuy406
06-24-2004, 12:09 AM
"You people arent Looking at the BIG PICTURE !!!! Look at the money we were
able to SAVE !!! Oh, and remember when I said start coming to the park,
then I would buy us some players ? I was just kidding ...sheeesh!
YOu people take things too literally ......Muahhhh hahaaa Muaahh hahhahaa!

:reinsy
Hangar, this is your third or fourth post in the thread about JR. We get the friggin' point...

TornLabrum
06-24-2004, 12:17 AM
I got back just a little while ago from the game. Some observations:

(1) I'm sick of our pitchers' continuing (and this is from previous years) habit of giving up one or more runs every freakin' time we score.

(2) Ozzie Guillen reminds me of Tony LaRussa when he was here. Always leaves the pitcher in 1-2 batters too long. For whoever it was who brought up Manuel's quick hook, even he was inconsistent about that. Remember the Giants game when he didn't have anybody warming up until the lead was blown? It seems to me that once managers leave the Sox they suddenly discover when to take a pitcher out.

(3)The minute I saw that Mike Jackson was coming in instead of Darrensbourg, I blurted out, "We're doomed!" More prophetic words were never spoken. To relate this to another thread, did I jinx them?

(4) We're still playing Home Run Derby. Whatever happened to "Ozzieball"?

(5) Unless these guys come out of their collective funk, ain't nothin' gonna happen until next month. I'm also getting sick of people who insist that KW do something when there is no one who wants to make a deal right now for the starting pitching or bullpen help we need.

EDIT:

(6) How could I have forgotten Carlos Lee admiring his single so much that he got thrown out at second base. Here's a clue, Carlos: Until the damn umpire circles his arm up in the air, RUN!

AnkleSox
06-24-2004, 12:46 AM
I called Mike Jackson giving up that grand slam. I almost bet my friend 10 bucks on it too :angry:

WSox8404
06-24-2004, 12:52 AM
Now that is saying something. But do you hate him as much as you hate Jay Mariotti?

California Sox
06-24-2004, 01:10 AM
Mike Jackson seriously needs to retire/commit ritual suicide. I know I say it after every game, but he gives up at least a run an appearance. Of course, not that most of the rest of our pitchers are throwing any better. And it doesn't help that since the renovation the Cell is playing like Coors Lite. They're going to have to move the fences back or something because the way the ball's flying out of there is ridiculous.

mdep524
06-24-2004, 01:14 AM
Nobody is going "bipolar." This was just another perfect example of a terrible game that we've seen far too much lately. Ex: pop-up bunt by Valentin, not able to get Uribe in after a 1-out triple, Carlos standing at home plate watching his almost-home run, Buerhle giving up 3 straight singles w/ nobody out in the 8th, and of course Mike Jackson's 4 RBIs for the Indians.

Great post, I agree. There's nothing bipolar or alarmist to pointing out a team's flaws. Constructive criticism. I was at the game tonight and I have to say the evergy level felt much lower than usual. :(:

Two points:
1. The Sox need another (better) righty in the 'pen NOW!! Swinging a trade will be difficult, I think the answer could be Feliz Diaz. He didn't fare too well as a starter up here (that was only in 2 starts anyway), but I think if he was given the righty set up spot in the bullpen, and not jerked around as a "minor leaguer called up to make one start," he could probably do a pretty good job.

2. ENOUHG WITH HOMERUN BALL!!! You can't blame this loss on the offense, but in general they need to discover other ways to score runs besides solo homeruns!

BainesHOF
06-24-2004, 03:28 AM
"2) Ozzie Guillen reminds me of Tony LaRussa when he was here. Always leaves the pitcher in 1-2 batters too long."

Bingo!

It's painful to see that Ozzie isn't learning anything. My biggest fear with him was how he was going to handle pitching, something he knows nothing about. My worst fears are being confirmed though I'm a bit startled by just how badly he has mishandled the pitchers.

SSN721
06-24-2004, 07:50 AM
Ugh, what a dissapointing loss. I think I am going to have to buy anew TV soon, I throw my hat at it so much during games I am gonna break it sooner or later. Tonight was just bad, it seems like a lot of almost big plays that didnt work in the SOx favor really dampered the teams offense. BUt I dont really blame the offense, except for a bad bunt and failure to score Uribe on third with one out. The pitching has just been GHASTLY since the Phillies were in town. ANd Garland seems to be our most consistent pitcher now. Scary. I hope for the best tommorrow but I am gald I have the NBA draft to flip to to keep me amused because I dont have much confidence in Rauch. All I can hope for is a win tommorrow and sweeping the Cubs so we can still get to Minny after a 5-2 homestand, but I think that is more wishful thinking unless this staff and bullpen really turn it around quickly. Oh yeah, that and no grandstanding by CLee, thats total crap, especially when you have only hit 6 all year. Run it out. :angry:

thepaulbowski
06-24-2004, 08:32 AM
(2) Ozzie Guillen reminds me of Tony LaRussa when he was here. Always leaves the pitcher in 1-2 batters too long. For whoever it was who brought up Manuel's quick hook, even he was inconsistent about that. Remember the Giants game when he didn't have anybody warming up until the lead was blown? It seems to me that once managers leave the Sox they suddenly discover when to take a pitcher out.
The only problem is we don't have any 6th & 7th innings guys that are throwing the ball well right now. Ugh, what to do. :?:

alohafri
06-24-2004, 08:36 AM
I thought we traded Billy Koch. Oh, wait, that was Mike Jackson.

alohafri
06-24-2004, 08:38 AM

(5) Unless these guys come out of their collective funk, ain't nothin' gonna happen until next month. I'm also getting sick of people who insist that KW do something when there is no one who wants to make a deal right now for the starting pitching or bullpen help we need.

Yeah, and I'm fearing that what will happen next month is "White Flag II."

EDIT:

(6) How could I have forgotten Carlos Lee admiring his single so much that he got thrown out at second base. Here's a clue, Carlos: Until the damn umpire circles his arm up in the air, RUN!
Still living up to the "El Carnichero" nickname.

Dadawg_77
06-24-2004, 10:22 AM
What I thought, its hard to blame Ozzie for leaving in his starters in too long since he has only two pitchers he can rely on, and Marte has been struggling a little. The pen is a black hole that needs to avoided right now and that means longer time for the starters. Problem with that, the starters get tired, we may be seeing that occurring now. Solution is to get a couple of solid arms for our pen now. That should be the Sox number one concern even more so then a fifth starter.

Two, I think God was ****ing with us, it was only raining for a half inning, and wind and rain seemed to knock down both Thomas's and Lee's hits. Off the bat I thought for sure those both were home runs. It was raining for that half inning, my TV isn't that crappy, right?

Dan H
06-24-2004, 10:27 AM
Ever since 2001, we've heard the same excuses. It's early, there's injuries, the team is only a few games back. And then October rolls along, and the White Sox are nowhere to be found. No, the sky isn't falling, but the we're not living in utopia, either.

Last night was ugly, extremely ugly. Good players know they have to run out hits, and good teams don't give up a pile of runs right after they score one themselves. Anyone can say this is just a slump or there is still time. But it is not good for a team to get into a habit of losing games like this. The wheels have falling off since the West Coast trip.

Remember, the Sox have the same core of players who won 81, 83, and 86 games during the last three seasons. It's time for them to prove they can do better. Or at least have the number 5 starter get to the sixth inning.

Mickster
06-24-2004, 10:30 AM
(3)The minute I saw that Mike Jackson was coming in instead of Darrensbourg, I blurted out, "We're doomed!" More prophetic words were never spoken. To relate this to another thread, did I jinx them?So YOU lost the game for us, huh....... :mad:

bobj4400
06-24-2004, 10:39 AM
This IS a 'sky is falling' post, so if you want to stop reading now, feel free.

A few more weeks of this and the pre-season prediction I retracted at the start of the month will have to be reinstated. That prediction: 'this team will be in complete disarray by June.' Just replace June with July and I might have been right...

I am scared that we might absolutely get embarrassed by the Cubs this weekend. Thank God Garland is pitching Friday. Wait a second, did I really just type that without using teal on purpose??? I did and that is further proof of how dire things are right now...

ChiSoxBobette
06-24-2004, 10:53 AM
Have at it...
Face it the White Sox season is over, Today is the NBA draft and I'm sure we won't be hearing or seeing our owner anywhere around the ball park. He's always been more interested in the Bulls. So after todays game vs the indians where we have Jon Rauch going and is a must win becuase if the twinkies win we're 3 games out but more important we will only be 1 game up on the indians , who have shown us are a pretty good young team they've so far made the White Sox look old & slow. I forsee another White Flag being raised over US Cell. if not in the next couple of weeks then right after the all-star break.

ndgt10
06-24-2004, 11:38 AM
6/24 - ChisoxBob jumps off the bandwagon.