PDA

View Full Version : Another Scoreboard Video

RichFitztightly
06-23-2004, 07:12 PM
I don't think this was mentioned, but in the first inning during Tuesday's game the Sox showed a clip on the scoreboard of Bill Rancic, the Apprentice Winner, saying, "This is for the Cleveland Indian's pitcher tonight... 'You're Fired.'" It was right after the manager motioned to the bullpen for the new pitcher. I don't think anybody noticed it. The clip certainly took me by surprise. I was stunned, it was kinda funny, but still, it was odd enough that I just didn't know how to react to it. Anybody else see this?

Viva Magglio
06-23-2004, 10:05 PM
I don't think this was mentioned, but in the first inning during Tuesday's game the Sox showed a clip on the scoreboard of Bill Rancic, the Apprentice Winner, saying, "This is for the Cleveland Indian's pitcher tonight... 'You're Fired.'" It was right after the manager motioned to the bullpen for the new pitcher. I don't think anybody noticed it. The clip certainly took me by surprise. I was stunned, it was kinda funny, but still, it was odd enough that I just didn't know how to react to it. Anybody else see this?
Rancic is one of the few celebrity, if you can call him that, White Sox fans.

RichFitztightly
06-24-2004, 02:47 AM
I think they're trying to capitalize on the popularity of the show and make it a catch phrase. I have a feeling, it they do it enough, it'll get popular to the point that it's really annoying. Kinda like the Macarena.

Jerko
06-24-2004, 09:15 AM
Rancic is one of the few celebrity, if you can call him that, White Sox fans.
Oh, is that who that was? Great.

Rocky Soprano
06-24-2004, 10:08 AM
A couple of weeks ago, I think it was the first Sox-Phillies game. There were some guys out by CF that took a HUGE sign that said:

KOCH: You're Fired!

I thought it was great. Be next week, Koch: HE GONE!