PDA

View Full Version : Paige is brilliant!

SOXintheBURGH
06-23-2004, 07:29 PM
Today on Around the Horn finals:

Cubs/Sox "Who will win their division this year?"

"The White Sox will win the American League Central because they have the best hitters and, I think, the best pitcher in the American League."
- Denver Columnist and Mariotti Hater Woodrow Paige

Of course he lost the point to the guy who argued for the Cubs.

Cubbiesuck13
06-23-2004, 07:31 PM
who is the best pitcher he is reffering to?

SOXintheBURGH
06-23-2004, 07:36 PM
who is the best pitcher he is reffering to?
He got cut off by Stat Boy.. I would assume Buehrle.

Cubbiesuck13
06-23-2004, 07:37 PM
He got cut off by Stat Boy.. I would assume Buehrle.
i figured that, but with shingo...

Dadawg_77
06-23-2004, 08:33 PM
i figured that, but with shingo...
E Lo, can see how one could argue that based on last year, but I don't see how one could argue Mark is the best pitcher in the AL.

StillMissOzzie
06-24-2004, 01:23 AM
Today on Around the Horn finals:

Of course he lost the point to the guy who argued for the Cubs.
How can either debater lose this? Can't they BOTH win their respective divisions? Around the Horn is one of the stupidest wastes of time I have ever run across on TV.

SMO
:gulp:

Nellie_Fox
06-24-2004, 02:57 AM
How can either debater lose this? Can't they BOTH win their respective divisions? Around the Horn is one of the stupidest wastes of time I have ever run across on TV.I luuuvv Around the Horn.

Especially when Woodie rips Mariotti.

pearso66
06-25-2004, 01:44 AM
I saw that too, apparently the other guy forgot that we have pitching too, and have one of the top starting ERA's in the AL. And as for Stat Boy's argument for winning the point, the past is the past, anything can happen.

for those who dont know, it was stated by woody that the twins arent good enough to win the central, and stat boy said, who won the NL central last year, the cubs, and who won the AL central the past 2 years, the twins, and gave the point to the cub guy