PDA

View Full Version : Cowley saying Maggs talks over

Hokiesox
06-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Joe Cowley says Maggs gave him great detail about why the contract talks are over....but, he can't print the details. Then he says KW went on the record just so the media would quit asking. Then, Ordonez supposedly tells the same story to the sun-times. My question is, what's going on now? and who do we believe? This sounds like an awfully contrived story all-around.

Rocky Soprano
06-23-2004, 04:11 PM
Joe Cowley says Maggs gave him great detail about why the contract talks are over....but, he can't print the details. Then he says KW went on the record just so the media would quit asking. Then, Ordonez supposedly tells the same story to the sun-times. My question is, what's going on now? and who do we believe? This sounds like an awfully contrived story all-around.
Well yesterday on AM1000 they said that they talked to Maggs and that Maggs himself said all those reports are not true. That he is still open to talks and that the Sox are still open to talks. He even told Kenny W. to make a statement. So I'll go with that.

samram
06-23-2004, 04:16 PM
I thought that there was a confidentiality agreement. If so, KW has to be pretty upset that Maggs would talk to the media, even off the record, because now he will be asked the same questions again. On the other hand, Cowley would be a fool to claim Maggs told him everything in detail if it hadn't happened, since he is around these guys for six months of the year.

TornLabrum
06-23-2004, 04:20 PM
I thought that there was a confidentiality agreement. If so, KW has to be pretty upset that Maggs would talk to the media, even off the record, because now he will be asked the same questions again. On the other hand, Cowley would be a fool to claim Maggs told him everything in detail if it hadn't happened, since he is around these guys for six months of the year.
You mean like Frank volunteered to him without any prompting that he was unhappy with his contract?

dickallen15
06-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Cowley wrote last week about Maggs, and today says Maggs told him all of it off the record. If he told him that off the record, what is it doing in 2 columns? He's a scumbag imho.

pudge
06-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Cowley wrote last week about Maggs, and today says Maggs told him all of it off the record. If he told him that off the record, what is it doing in 2 columns? He's a scumbag imho.
There's no doubt about that. After he came into WSI and made a fool of himself.

jabrch
06-23-2004, 04:29 PM
There's no doubt about that. After he came into WSI and made a fool of himself.
Did we ever confirm that was him? Cuz whomever that was really was a jacka$$.

DaveIsHere
06-23-2004, 04:37 PM
:whocares

Why dont we just concentrate on the season and worry about Mags in the offseason, I am sick of hearing this crap!!

Cubbiesuck13
06-23-2004, 04:45 PM
:whocares

Why dont we just concentrate on the season and worry about Mags in the offseason, I am sick of hearing this crap!!
judging by the amount of posts regaurding it, i would say a lot of people care. is it that hard to stay away from these threads? i would say you must care in some degree.

DaveIsHere
06-23-2004, 04:49 PM
judging by the amount of posts regaurding it, i would say a lot of people care. is it that hard to stay away from these threads? i would say you must care in some degree.
It is hard not to stay away considering there are 5 new ones a day all with the same crap in them.......ok....I will stay away from them, but only to save my blood pressure.........huh

Cubbiesuck13
06-23-2004, 04:51 PM
It is hard not to stay away considering there are 5 new ones a day all with the same crap in them.......ok....I will stay away from them, but only to save my blood pressure.........huh
it will be easier than you think. i usually read one thread a week on the issue. that is plenty for me considering nothing new pops up unless it is something unconformed.

bigdommer
06-23-2004, 05:55 PM
I was thinking the same thing! He tries to pretend like he is doing the honorable thing, yet he writes it "on the record" just to create more problems for Maggs. He acts like he is protecting Maggs, and now he has created a circus. I may not agree with all of KW's moves, but I trust him. I don't trust the paper. I trust TV.

That's the problem with having all of these Steven A. Smith's and Tony Kornheiser's and Bob Ryan's on TV. Every columnist thinks they need to stir the pot to get some face time so that they can get on "Around the Horn."

Cubbiesuck13
06-23-2004, 05:59 PM
I was thinking the same thing! He tries to pretend like he is doing the honorable thing, yet he writes it "on the record" just to create more problems for Maggs. He acts like he is protecting Maggs, and now he has created a circus. I may not agree with all of KW's moves, but I trust him. I don't trust the paper. I trust TV.

That's the problem with having all of these Steven A. Smith's and Tony Kornheiser's and Bob Ryan's on TV. Every columnist thinks they need to stir the pot to get some face time so that they can get on "Around the Horn."
you forgot the most succesfull of them all
:moron

GoSox2K3
06-23-2004, 06:36 PM
Is this the same Joe Cowley who pitched for the Sox in the 1980s?

GoSox2K3
06-23-2004, 06:38 PM
Well, you know that Daily Southtown, they're so biased against the Sox. We should start calling them the Daily Cubtown!:redneck

bigdommer
06-23-2004, 06:39 PM
you forgot the most succesfull of them all
:moron
To be honest, I couldn't bear to mention his name.

Cubbiesuck13
06-23-2004, 06:42 PM
To be honest, I couldn't bear to mention his name.
it always makes it better to put that picture up there. that is hysterical! it makes me think of the fat kid in elementry school who's mom made him dress in sweaters and turtle necks. what a tool.

bigdommer
06-23-2004, 06:45 PM
it always makes it better to put that picture up there. that is hysterical! it makes me think of the fat kid in elementry school who's mom made him dress in sweaters and turtle necks. what a tool.
How about that hair? It has that little wave thing going on and it peeks out in back. So brutal.

Do you know what the worst part is? I have lived all over the country, and when that show first came out, all of my friends, knowing I was from Chicago, immediately thought Jay Mariotti was my boy. I had never heard of him! The first time I heard his voice I wanted him to die.

Lip Man 1
06-23-2004, 06:47 PM
No that is not the Joe Cowley who pitched a no hitter vs. Anaheim and struck out the first seven Texas Rangers to begin a game in Arlington.

Lip

Cubbiesuck13
06-23-2004, 06:48 PM
How about that hair? It has that little wave thing going on and it peeks out in back. So brutal.

Do you know what the worst part is? I have lived all over the country, and when that show first came out, all of my friends, knowing I was from Chicago, immediately thought Jay Mariotti was my boy. I had never heard of him! The first time I heard his voice I wanted him to die.
before the idiot invasion that was mentioned earlier, i had only read him, never had to see or hear him. he is the ultimate know nothing. he will write anything and everything to get the anyone to say his name. what a whore!