PDA

View Full Version : OUTSTANDING Scoreboard Video Last Night

Brian26
06-23-2004, 01:18 PM
Before the bottom of the 10th, they played a video of dramatic White Sox homeruns in the past few decades. I'm surprised they didn't play this before the bottom of the 9th inning, because it was a great way to pump up the team and the fans. It was really well produced, and I would love to see this on TV sometime so I could tape a copy of it. I'll try to list the homers they showed...I missed the very beginning of the piece, so I don't know if I got all of them:

-Bo Jackson's homer in the '93 AL West Clincher
-Crede's walkoff Grandslam homer in 2002
- Robin's walkoff Grandslam against Texas 7/31/91
- Frank's walkoff homer against the Twins 7/2/03
- Jose's walkoff homer against the Cubs from last year
- Luzinski's roofshot at Old Comiskey Aug '83
- Baines (I missed this one, I think it may have been the homer to end the 25-inning game against the Brewers in '84)

Any others that I missed?

DaveIsHere
06-23-2004, 01:51 PM
well then they showed, the Jose game winner in the bottom of the 10th against the indians, AND IT WAS LIVE ON THE FIELD!!!! GO SOX!!

Tekijawa
06-23-2004, 01:53 PM
The didn't show Koch in a Marlins uniform giving up a dinger losing it for them the other night? I'm sure that would have gotten some equally as loud cheers if not more so!

mike squires
06-23-2004, 01:54 PM
:hawk

I luv video highlights.

steff
06-23-2004, 01:56 PM
Before the bottom of the 10th, they played a video of dramatic White Sox homeruns in the past few decades. I'm surprised they didn't play this before the bottom of the 9th inning, because it was a great way to pump up the team and the fans. It was really well produced, and I would love to see this on TV sometime so I could tape a copy of it. I'll try to list the homers they showed...I missed the very beginning of the piece, so I don't know if I got all of them:

- Baines (I missed this one, I think it may have been the homer to end the 25-inning game against the Brewers in '84)

On that ****ty graphics scoreboard..? How on earth could you manage to watch.. ? :D:

mcfish
06-23-2004, 02:12 PM
On Monday, they showed a blooper reel between innings once. We were thinking, wouldn't it be great if they showed Alex Gonzalez's error from 10-14-03? That would be funny. Especially since Flub fans would rather blame a fan that a SS that makes millions who booted the game on the very next play.

Blob
06-23-2004, 02:15 PM
On Monday, they showed a blooper reel between innings once. We were thinking, wouldn't it be great if they showed Alex Gonzalez's error from 10-14-03? That would be funny. Especially since Flub fans would rather blame a fan that a SS that makes millions who booted the game on the very next play.
They always "forget" that one, don't they!

StillMissOzzie
06-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Maybe they're saving that HIGHLIGHT for this weekend!

SMO
:gulp:

Dadawg_77
06-23-2004, 03:15 PM
Man that sounds like one of the ads I purposed in the Help Brooks thread.

Brian26
06-23-2004, 04:34 PM
On that ****ty graphics scoreboard..? How on earth could you manage to watch.. ? :D:

Ha. One humbling thing about sitting in the upper deck last night was that it reminded me of my own mortality. I used to sit up there all the time when I would come down for games on my own in '94-'96. I never had a problem seeing anything. Last night I realized that my eyesight isn't what it used to be. I had to strain my eyes to read the scoreboards, and the players on the field have become slightly blurry. Hopefully we can win a World Series before I need laser eye surgery.

TornLabrum
06-23-2004, 04:48 PM
Unfortunately, the Sox don't put together that real. I've seen the same ones they show here at both Milwaukee and Minnesota.

chisoxfan79
06-23-2004, 06:19 PM

The Carlos Lee walkoff grand slam against the Cubs. The greatest game I have ever been too