PDA

View Full Version : What annoys you most about the Cubs?

mantis1212
06-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Well, the Cubs side of this poll is now on Trib website. I say let's make it a landslide victory for "Cubs fans" as the most annoying thing about the Cubs. I think we can all agree on that yes?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/

Jerko
06-23-2004, 10:07 AM
I didn't read the poll, but is "they exist" a choice?

sas1974
06-23-2004, 10:10 AM
I didn't even want to contribute a vote to find out, but I am a bit curious....what thing did they hate the most about the White Sox?

Mickster
06-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Since there are 5 choices, let's make them all recieve 20% of the vote....

Rocky Soprano
06-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Since there are 5 choices, let's make them all recieve 20% of the vote....
Im trying my best to keep them all at 20%

bobj4400
06-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Well, the Cubs side of this poll is now on Trib website. I say let's make it a landslide victory for "Cubs fans" as the most annoying thing about the Cubs. I think we can all agree on that yes?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/
I think it is pretty telling that all 5 answers are virtually tied around 20% right now. Pretty obvious that there is so much that is annoying about the Cubs that everyone has their own favorite...

Jjav829
06-23-2004, 10:44 AM
Where's the all of the above option? :dunno:

mantis1212
06-23-2004, 10:48 AM
I think it is pretty telling that all 5 answers are virtually tied around 20% right now. Pretty obvious that there is so much that is annoying about the Cubs that everyone has their own favorite...
I don't know, I mean does Wrigley Field itself really annoy you? Or Cubs management? Or their players? Not me, it's Cub fans telling me about these things that is extremely annoying

Iwritecode
06-23-2004, 11:00 AM
I don't know, I mean does Wrigley Field itself really annoy you? Or Cubs management? Or their players? Not me, it's Cub fans telling me about these things that is extremely annoying

Where's the choice that says "The owners... because they made this stupid poll"?

Blob
06-23-2004, 11:41 AM
They should have a choice for all of the above!

Fridaythe13thJason
06-23-2004, 12:01 PM
It really should be either Sammy Sosa or Cubs fans...although if I think about real Cubs fans, I like them...if they mean bandwagon fools, I don't.

There's nothing more annoying than Sammy Sosa. I've always said that if the Cubs were smart enough to ship him off, and not let him retire there, I would go buy a Cubs hat. Now, I don't know if that's really true, but I would like that team a lot more without him on it.

LongLiveFisk
06-23-2004, 12:17 PM
My biggest issue with that team is equating the smaller attendance figures of the Sox with being somehow less "significant". If it weren't for bandwagon Cubs fans, their attendance would be just as "bad" as ours. What were they drawing in 1983? About 3,000 people per game? And then 1984 comes along, they have a winning season, Harry gets them all excited about the team and Wrigley Field, and they have never looked back ever since.

So I guess you have to subscribe to either a) they really DO have that many more fans than the Sox--they were just all born POST-1983 and are just now old enough to go to all these games or b) their fans really are bandwagoners. Otherwise, where did all these people come from? Did the 3,000 people who came out pre-1984 suddenly talk all their friends into going?

Of course I know there are other issues as well (marketing, etc), but you get the gist of what I'm saying.

idseer
06-23-2004, 02:57 PM
sox fans infatuated with the cubs.

Cubbiesuck13
06-23-2004, 03:03 PM
i like wrigley field because it is an old park and reminds me of old time baseball, not like i remember it but you know. whoever is fixing it should pick shaME and the 'fans'. those two are just too close to call.

SOXSINCE'70
06-23-2004, 03:32 PM
The negative Sox media bias over the last 20 years annoys me.:angry: :angry:

TornLabrum
06-23-2004, 03:51 PM
I like Wrigley because it has a great beat and it's easy to dance to. I'll give it an 85.

Cubbiesuck13
06-23-2004, 04:02 PM
I like Wrigley because it has a great beat and it's easy to dance to. I'll give it an 85.
nice

PaleHoseGeorge
06-23-2004, 06:01 PM
I would vote for "churros" but the poll creator wasn't clever enough to offer that option.

:)

Hangar18
06-23-2004, 07:06 PM
What annoys me most ? Hmmm, the organizations constant CRYING POOR
routine, then ripping off their own fans, Money Grab & Jab at the Rooftop Owners makes the CUBS ORGANIZATION very high on my list.

But its their "Fans", those sheep who routinely ReGurgitate everything Mariotti, Kiley and Murph column, and believe it as truth. Ive never seen a group as dumb as these people. Whether believing the Cubs "were gonna lose their fanbase" if they were forced to the Western Division back in the early 1990's, or believing that "the media isnt biased against you guys, your just jealous", these fans are truly the worst in sport.

Lip Man 1
06-23-2004, 07:10 PM
Hangar:

For an orginization that 'cries poor,' their payroll is around 90-95 million. obviously they may be poor but they still spend that money on players.

The Sox should be so 'poor.'

Lip

Hangar18
06-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Hangar:

For an orginization that 'cries poor,' their payroll is around 90-95 million. obviously they may be poor but they still spend that money on players.

The Sox should be so 'poor.'

Lip
YET, what I like the most, is how the Chicago Media & Cub Fans themselves STILL CONSIDER THE CUBS THE UNDERDOG DARLINGS of baseball.
THEYVE BECOME THE CORPORATE NL version of the YANKEES, buying their
team. Who wouldve thought that it would take Bad MLB/Collective Bargaining Policies to make them "Good" now. hahhaa

Whitesox029
06-23-2004, 10:33 PM
I didn't even want to contribute a vote to find out, but I am a bit curious....what thing did they hate the most about the White Sox?I would guess that they selected the option "Sox fans are smarter and they like to show it off"
It's true isn't it? :)