PDA

View Full Version : Cubs-Sox Broadcast

bennyw41
06-23-2004, 09:58 AM
I am unfortunately going to be in the Detroit area for the entire weekend, does anyone know if any of the games will be on WGN nationally? Can I get AM 1000 in Detroit?

Any experience with this issue is greatly appreciated.

greenpeach
06-23-2004, 10:10 AM
I'm almost positive that WGN will broadcast the Friday & Sunday games. I'm not sure what set of announcers will be doing the games. I would assume that the home team's announcers would work the games.

Malgar 12
06-23-2004, 10:45 AM
I am unfortunately going to be in the Detroit area for the entire weekend, does anyone know if any of the games will be on WGN nationally? Can I get AM 1000 in Detroit?

The WGN games will be on in Detroit. AM 1000 will come in decent at night, if your are around Ann Arbor or west thereof.

skottyj242
06-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Saturday's game is on Fox. I would imagine you should be able to get it.

harwar
06-23-2004, 10:59 AM
The WGN games will be on in Detroit. AM 1000 will come in decent at night, if your are around Ann Arbor or west thereof.
Well,you just never really can tell ahead of time.
I live on Lake Wisconsin roughly 100 miles away and sometimes i get a good signal and sometimes its mostly static or the CBC from canada is stepping all over the broadcast.
Weather conditions,ionospheric integrity,and just pure luck all play a part.

mpshans
06-23-2004, 11:08 AM
Been reading for quite a while and never felt the need to post

I live in Grand Rapids MI and I don't get AM 1000 very well most of the time. On a clear night it can sound good, but most of the time it is pretty fuzzy. My wife and friends like to give me a hard time about driving around listening to static. Anyways, I wouldn't think that you could hear the games on the east side of mi but if someone over there knows better great

CWSGuy406
06-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Isn't one of these games on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball, or is that the weekend over at the Shrine?

Malgar 12
06-23-2004, 11:55 AM

I live in Grand Rapids MI and I don't get AM 1000 very well most of the time. On a clear night it can sound good, but most of the time it is pretty fuzzy. My wife and friends like to give me a hard time about driving around listening to static. Anyways, I wouldn't think that you could hear the games on the east side of mi but if someone over there knows better great
Wow! You sound just like my old man. He lives in Grand Rapids too, and we always give him a hard time about listening to the Sox on a staticy radio out in the Car. You wouldn't happen to be 58, with thinning blonde hair and seven kids would you?

I live in Manchester, MI (20 miles west of Ann Arbor) and I can usually get am 1000 pretty good at night. It all depends on weather and if there are other stations near that frequency in your area. I was in Cleveland in May and got the am1000 broadcast clear as a bell (at night).

Of course if you're out of the CHicago area long term the easy solution is to to get mlb.com's gameday audio $14.95 for the season, or free if you sign up for SI and then cancel it. See mlb.com for details

oh yeah.... just in case... "Hi Dad!":bandance:

wolcott10
06-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Saturday's game is on Fox. I would imagine you should be able to get it.
I think the game on Saturday is on Fox Sports Net at 3:00.

harwar
06-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Isn't one of these games on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball, or is that the weekend over at the Shrine?july 4th is sunday night baseball..uh oh national tv again

rmusacch
06-23-2004, 12:34 PM
Too bad none of the games are at night.

bennyw41
06-23-2004, 12:36 PM
Of course if you're out of the CHicago area long term the easy solution is to to get mlb.com's gameday audio $14.95 for the season, or free if you sign up for SI and then cancel it. See mlb.com for details

Just going to be there for this weekend. I am being dragged to a wedding. GRRRR

Foulke You
06-23-2004, 06:45 PM
Just going to be there for this weekend. I am being dragged to a wedding. GRRRR
I hear ya, my brother is getting married this weekend. Normally, my behind is in the Comiskey Park seats for all 3 games. This year, I have to go to two of the crosstown games at Wrigley instead and I hate that ballpark. Oh well, it IS my brother after all...but of all the weekends he could have picked to get married!:(:

OEO Magglio
06-23-2004, 10:34 PM
I hear ya, my brother is getting married this weekend. Normally, my behind is in the Comiskey Park seats for all 3 games. This year, I have to go to two of the crosstown games at Wrigley instead and I hate that ballpark. Oh well, it IS my brother after all...but of all the weekends he could have picked to get married!:(:Along with going to two games at the cell for sox-cubs I'll be at the saturday game at the urinal, which days are you going to wrigley?

StillMissOzzie
06-24-2004, 01:01 AM
I hear ya, my brother is getting married this weekend. Normally, my behind is in the Comiskey Park seats for all 3 games. This year, I have to go to two of the crosstown games at Wrigley instead and I hate that ballpark. Oh well, it IS my brother after all...but of all the weekends he could have picked to get married!:(:
You mean your brother didn't check out the schedule before planning this thing?

SMO
:gulp:

DrCrawdad
06-24-2004, 01:23 AM
Wow! You sound just like my old man. He lives in Grand Rapids too, and we always give him a hard time about listening to the Sox on a staticy radio out in the Car. You wouldn't happen to be 58, with thinning blonde hair and seven kids would you?

I live in Manchester, MI (20 miles west of Ann Arbor) and I can usually get am 1000 pretty good at night. It all depends on weather and if there are other stations near that frequency in your area. I was in Cleveland in May and got the am1000 broadcast clear as a bell (at night).

I know MPSHANS quite well and he's less than half of 58 years old. MPSHANS doesn't have seven kids, but he's young so maybe he'll get there.

ChicagoSports.com has this schedule for the broadcasts:

Friday, 3:05 PM WGN
Saturday, 3:05 PM FSN
Sunday, 1:20 PM WGN (The Sox webpage lists the start on Sunday as 2:05 PM.)

I believe that FSN (FOX SPORTS NET) is different than Fox (channel 32). Fox Sports Net is the Sox (and Cubbies) regular outlet for games.

If you can't get ESPN AM 1000, then you could subject yourself to the WGN radio broadcast of the Crosstown games. I'm not sure though if self-inflicted torture is against the Geneva Convention.

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-24-2004, 01:30 AM
You could listen to the Wise Guy's 10 second delay broadcast of the game on WSCR 670. LOL! Thankfully the friday game is on WGN TV.

P.S. First post in a while because I just finished moving. I've been broswing the boards for hours trying to catch up!

DrCrawdad
06-24-2004, 01:31 AM

Welcome aboard!

:bart

alohafri
06-24-2004, 07:47 AM

"I'm sure you will be able to listen to us call the game, isn't that right Ron?"

"Yap."