PDA

View Full Version : Scoreboard Graphics

Banix12
06-23-2004, 02:31 AM
It's probably been up on there all season but I just noticed this recently. Has anybody else noticed the low quality of many of the scoreboard graphics this year? In particularly I'm talking about the White Sox Player Graphics in the late innings where they have the player sitting on an office chair in front of a light where they have a fog machine going. They obviously wanted to create the illusion of the players turning their whole body toward the camera but most of the time you see the chair and the players shuffling their feet to look toward the camera. Some of the graphics are pretty good, particularly at the start of the game but for some reason this one really bugged me. It just looks cheap.

Oh yeah, those PSA's where you can obviously see players reading a single line off a cue card suck too. Frank Thomas couldn't memorize the line "Here are the White Sox top plays brought to you by Best's Kosher"?

ewokpelts
06-23-2004, 02:34 AM
It's probably been up on there all season but I just noticed this recently. Has anybody else noticed the low quality of many of the scoreboard graphics this year? In particularly I'm talking about the White Sox Player Graphics in the late innings where they have the player sitting on an office chair in front of a light where they have a fog machine going. They obviously wanted to create the illusion of the players turning their whole body toward the camera but most of the time you see the chair and the players shuffling their feet to look toward the camera. Some of the graphics are pretty good, particularly at the start of the game but for some reason this one really bugged me. It just looks cheap.

Oh yeah, those PSA's where you can obviously see players reading a single line off a cue card suck too. Frank Thomas couldn't memorize the line "Here are the White Sox top plays brought to you by Best's Kosher"?
I love the smoky room videos.
Gene

HomeFish
06-23-2004, 02:38 AM
Has anyone noticed that Frank no longer says "Hi, I'm Sox slugger Frank Thomas" in his don't-run-on-the-field spot and now says just "Hi, I'm Frank Thomas"?

Banix12
06-23-2004, 05:05 AM
I love the smoky room videos.
Gene
I don't have a problem with the smoky room or the light. My problem is with seeing an office swivel chair 20 feet high on the Jumbotron, that just looks like a hack job. They don't even have the camera set at a set position. Notice that with Harris' shot they cropped out the chair by having him shot from the waist up. Then on Valentin's, Rowand's or just about everybody else's shot you see them turning themselves around on a swivel chair to face the camera. They just took a bunch of cheap shortcuts.

I know it's probably just me noticing this stuff cause I work with this stuff all the time. I've just been to other stadiums and seen other events and the Sox stuff has has been really lacking in quality lately.

SSN721
06-23-2004, 07:45 AM
My only complaint is they dont do enough of the Blade Runner text for the names of players on the scoreboard. That should be the standard text, not secondary. :cool:

steff
06-23-2004, 08:44 AM
Did you guys notice the crack in the concrete behind section 127...? Damn cheap concrete.

:rolleyes:

A.T. Money
06-23-2004, 09:04 AM
It looks like they are sitting on the can. Give em a news paper.

Fungo
06-23-2004, 09:43 AM
They are going for the "retro", old school look with these graphics. :redneck

Did you guys notice the crack in the concrete behind section 127...? Damn cheap concrete.

:rolleyes:Nice.

eriqjaffe
06-23-2004, 09:53 AM
The graphics that bug me are the player faces that appear on the plasma-screen boards on the upper deck facing...the one that slowly turns and faces the camera.

The player is holding unnautrally still...AND THEN HE BLINKS AT YOU! It's very unnerving.

--Eriq.

Jerko
06-23-2004, 10:25 AM
The only graphic that upsets me is when the number under "R" for the visitors is higher than the number under "R" for the White Sox.

SoxFan78
06-23-2004, 10:28 AM
It kind of upsets me when the board in left field is showing the 788935 Sox-o-gram messages instead of showing the hitter's history at the plate. I want to know more on what Frank did in his last two at bats then the Sox welcoming Girl Scout troop 83 from Naperville.

pinwheels3530
06-23-2004, 10:57 AM
Oh my god the graphics are bad , I won't go to another game this year til they change the graphics that will show JR who' boss!!!!!:tongue: :rolleyes: :D:

WHINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:whiner:

bennyw41
06-23-2004, 11:01 AM

:whocares

ewokpelts
06-23-2004, 12:34 PM

:rolleyes:
I'm a sox fan...i'm always on the lookout for crack......that is, if you belive that "cute" internet video.

:moron
What's wrong with that video? It's true about Sox Fans!

stillz
06-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Most of the sox graphics/video segments are retarded - they have been for years. Why the marketing and production people can't find a way to make players look more like professionals and less like 'deer in the headlights' is beyond me. It's second-rate material.