PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Back From the Cell

Brian26
06-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Hell of a Game. Walk-off homers are always fun.

I thought Caballo had it won, but Jose followed it up with the real thing.

Also, fun being on the L on the way home as a homeless guy insisted that he had the right to smoke on the train while we were being hypocrits because we "ride the subway".

Whitesox029
06-23-2004, 12:01 AM
I just got back from the game too. Shingo and Josey came through big tonight! It was a fun win, but on top of that, we avoided a potentially devastating loss. My 1960's navy-with-white-block-lettered-S-O-X cap and I are still undefeated attending games in 2004. Send me your tickets.
I would also like to make an addition to my definition of SOX PRIDE:

Sox Pride is, after a walk-off hit, jumping up and down and high fiving complete strangers just because they look as happy as you do.

DrCrawdad
06-23-2004, 12:03 AM

Also, fun being on the L on the way home as a homeless guy insisted that he had the right to smoke on the train while we were being hypocrits because we "ride the subway".

http://www.chicagobarproject.com/Reviews/WrigleyField/WrigleyRonnieWooWoo.jpg
Why are you upset that I was smoking woo! Woo-woo you are a hypocrite woo! Don Baylor woo!

LuvSox
06-23-2004, 12:06 AM
I just returned from the game as well. Enough of "Throw it back" already. After Crisp knocked that one into the bullpen, security gave it to a kid. A whole bunch of sox "fans" were yelling at the kid. Why would you yell at a kid who just got the mother of all baseball game souvenirs?

gosox3072
06-23-2004, 12:06 AM
Sox Pride is, after a walk-off hit, jumping up and down and high fiving complete strangers just because they look as happy as you do.
I gotta agree with this. I just got back and the 10th was awsome. EVERYONE was jumping up and down and huging each other. It was a BIG win.

On a side note, i was kinda disappointed that we gave up all those runs. That game should not have been so close. Yet since i was there ill take the walk off! Now lets win the next 2 vs cleveland and then sweep the cubs!

SSN721
06-23-2004, 07:14 AM
It definitely was fun being in the fan deck high fiving everyone up there that was around me. What a great way to pull out a win. It was quite the emotional high. :supernana:

Blob
06-23-2004, 08:50 AM
I just returned from the game as well. Enough of "Throw it back" already. After Crisp knocked that one into the bullpen, security gave it to a kid. A whole bunch of sox "fans" were yelling at the kid. Why would you yell at a kid who just got the mother of all baseball game souvenirs?
I agree! This has got to stop already. Its just plain stupidity!

Philo-Sox-er
06-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Philo-Sox-er
We at WSI should take an active role in stopping this! If you go to a game, bring a sign that reads:

1) Don't Throw It Back; This is Not Flubs Park!
2) Throwing it back is an act of Terrorism!
3) Sox Fans Know the Game; Don't Throw It Back!

Or something to that effect. Maybe if these morons realized they were mimicking Flubs fans and their stupid, ignorant tradition that disrespects the game itself, they might stop. Maybe this could catch on everywhere where it has become "trendy" except, of course, loser park!
How about:

Them: Throw back fake baseballs
Us: Give it to the kid next to you
Sox Pride!

Join the campaign started in a thread yesterday "Throw it back jackass"; next time you go to the park, bring a sign like above and heckle everyone who starts this Flub-practice!

maurice
06-23-2004, 03:39 PM
Great crowd and great comeback win.

On another note, some troll was standing on the 35th bridge over the Dan Ryan between Wentworth and the Red Line holding a cubs sign during the game. I was shocked, because everybody knows that cub fans don't care about the Sox.

Cubbiesuck13
06-23-2004, 04:09 PM

i have a theory about homeless people and the measure of a city. in short, you can judge a city by it's number of homeless. if someone loves a city enought to sleep on it's ground and wonder aimlessly around all day must be quite a city.

1951Campbell
06-23-2004, 04:20 PM
i have a theory about homeless people and the measure of a city. in short, you can judge a city by it's number of homeless. if someone loves a city enought to sleep on it's ground and wonder aimlessly around all day must be quite a city.
Or...um, it's warm out?

Cubbiesuck13
06-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Or...um, it's warm out?
it still takes dedication! those homeless remind me of addicts... the tenacity they have is amazing. what some would call a weekness, pawning your valuables for a fix, i would call impressive. it takes a lot of determination to hold fast in your decision to continue to use soemething that has taken so much from you all ready.

what color is joking?

hellenicsoxfan
06-23-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Philo-Sox-er
We at WSI should take an active role in stopping this! If you go to a game, bring a sign that reads:

1) Don't Throw It Back; This is Not Flubs Park!
2) Throwing it back is an act of Terrorism!
3) Sox Fans Know the Game; Don't Throw It Back!

Or something to that effect. Maybe if these morons realized they were mimicking Flubs fans and their stupid, ignorant tradition that disrespects the game itself, they might stop. Maybe this could catch on everywhere where it has become "trendy" except, of course, loser park!

Join the campaign started in a thread yesterday "Throw it back jackass"; next time you go to the park, bring a sign like above and heckle everyone who starts this Flub-practice!

Even Ed Farmer is getting into the campaign. On the broadcast last night, when some fans were yelling to throw back the ball, he said don't do it. Said that it is stupid to throw it back. Also said that if you don't want the ball, give it to a kid. Way to go, Farmio.

HomeFish
06-23-2004, 05:50 PM
Great crowd and great comeback win.

On another note, some troll was standing on the 35th bridge over the Dan Ryan between Wentworth and the Red Line holding a cubs sign during the game. I was shocked, because everybody knows that cub fans don't care about the Sox.

Are you sure it wasn't a vendor selling "Choke" t-shirts?

Whitesox029
06-23-2004, 06:46 PM
I knew I had forgotten something.....
SOX PRIDE is walking down the ramps after the game chanting the name of the game's hero.
JOOOOOSE JOSE-JOSE-JOSE JOOOOSEEEE JOOOOSEEEE!

Nellie_Fox
06-24-2004, 01:05 AM
I was at Monday night's game as well as the Tuesday "walk-off" game. Just dodged having driven from Minnesota to see two losses. Blowing the 8 run lead had my guts churning. Jose's double tied it back up, his homer won it, and everyone in my section was celebrating like mad.

An observation that refers to absolutely no one who cares enough to be posting on this board: Frank was at bat with two aboard, and all around people were blocking my view by getting up to go to the bathroom, or the churros stand, or whatever. I said to my brother "where in the hell are they going? Don't they see this is Frank Thomas at bat with runners on? If you don't want to watch that, why are you at the game?"

Frank proceeded to jack it 2/3 of the way up the left field seats. I hope they enjoyed whatever they left their seats for.

FarWestChicago
06-24-2004, 01:10 AM
An observation that refers to absolutely no one who cares enough to be posting on this board: Frank was at bat with two aboard, and all around people were blocking my view by getting up to go to the bathroom, or the churros stand, or whatever. I said to my brother "where in the hell are they going? Don't they see this is Frank Thomas at bat with runners on? If you don't want to watch that, why are you at the game?"

Frank proceeded to jack it 2/3 of the way up the left field seats. I hope they enjoyed whatever they left their seats for.That's a classic. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

AnkleSox
06-24-2004, 01:20 AM
SOX PRIDE is walking down the ramps after the game chanting the name of the game's hero.
JOOOOOSE JOSE-JOSE-JOSE JOOOOSEEEE JOOOOSEEEE!
It's even better when everyone is chanting "Cubs Suck! Cubs Suck! Cubs Suck!"

DrCrawdad
06-24-2004, 01:38 AM
I was at Monday night's game as well as the Tuesday "walk-off" game. Just dodged having driven from Minnesota to see two losses. Blowing the 8 run lead had my guts churning. Jose's double tied it back up, his homer won it, and everyone in my section was celebrating like mad.

Frank proceeded to jack it 2/3 of the way up the left field seats. I hope they enjoyed whatever they left their seats for.

Fan etiquette has become an oxymoron.

Just wait till Friday, invasion of the ass-clowns.

http://homepage.mac.com/dcrosby/.Pictures/assclown.jpg

Nellie_Fox
06-24-2004, 01:41 AM
Thanks for the graphic. I've always kind of wondered just what an ass-clown is. This illustrates it perfectly.

LuvSox
06-24-2004, 06:00 AM
That was pretty cool. My brother caught the ball. He's the proud parent of Frank's 18th of the year.

alohafri
06-24-2004, 07:41 AM
Drillrods!:angry:

maurice
06-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Are you sure it wasn't a vendor selling "Choke" t-shirts?
He was holding a picket-type sign which contained nothing but a cubs logo, and was wearing official cubbie gear. He did not appear to be selling anything.