PDA

View Full Version : Everett

LongDistanceFan
09-23-2001, 12:55 PM
jeeze, did anybody see the article on espn about everett?

What a clown this guy is, but i have a feeling that the manager may not be there next yr.

Jerry_Manuel
09-23-2001, 01:07 PM
Here is the article (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2001/0921/1253662.html)

If they fire Joe Kerrigan then we should pick him up and make him our pitching coach.

FarWestChicago
09-23-2001, 01:16 PM
I have one word of advice for Ol' Carl: Psychiatrist

dimaisback
09-23-2001, 01:26 PM

:dennis

ha-ha....I have two words for the psychiatrist: protective screen

FarWestChicago
09-23-2001, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by dimaisback

:dennis

ha-ha....I have two words for the psychiatrist: protective screen LMAO!!

LongDistanceFan
09-23-2001, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
LMAO!! I wonder where are all the posters who wanted this guy on the team?

FarWestChicago
09-23-2001, 11:16 PM
I heard on the radio today that Everett is out for the rest of the year. There's a shock!

LongDistanceFan
09-23-2001, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I heard on the radio today that Everett is out for the rest of the year. There's a shock! too bad they still have to pay this creep.

RichieRichAllen
09-24-2001, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
jeeze, did anybody see the article on espn about everett?

What a clown this guy is, but i have a feeling that the manager may not be there next yr.

Actually, the entire Red Sox organization is in need of a big bagged enema. From the current owners to management, they have screwed up "royally" (no reference to the KC organization, which I pity more than scorge).

Everett is a high paid idiot who will go the Jaime Navarro route if he underperforms next year. His best performances this year have been the temper tantrums he's thrown (for which he should win some type of Jimmy Piersall Memorial plaque). He's really just a symptom of the cancer though.

I don't know what to make out of the racist stuff. Of course, Boston is not a city that would rate high on racial tolerance, which might have a certain trickle down effect on the city's
other cultural events (and yes, I would consider the Red Sox a cultural event in Boston).

If you're pissing off your bread-n-butter makers (aka, Pedro and the usually mild-mannered Nomar), you best be doing a helluva lot of introspection going into the 2002 season. This is a team that coulda' shoulda' this year (even more so than our own injury plagued bleached version Sox).

Just my own thoughts......pass the baked beans, please!

LongDistanceFan
09-24-2001, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by RichieRichAllen

I don't know what to make out of the racist stuff. Of course, Boston is not a city that would rate high on racial tolerance, which might have a certain trickle down effect on the city's
other cultural events (and yes, I would consider the Red Sox a cultural event in Boston).
when the sports writer asked the other player who was supposed to have heard it, he said he doesn't remember any of the racial stuff being said. btw this was a friend of everett.

RichieRichAllen
09-24-2001, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
when the sports writer asked the other player who was supposed to have heard it, he said he doesn't remember any of the racial stuff being said. btw this was a friend of everett.

I'm not quick to support anything Everett has to say. Of course, saying you don't remember doesn't mean it wasn't said. I also see it mentioned that Everett said Kerrigan was a little inebriated at the time of the "alleged" statement. Sometimes things surface when you've had a little bit of Dr. Goodfeel's juicy juice. Still, anything coming from Everett needs to be taken with a full shaker of salt (and in Kerrigan's case, maybe a chaser of Tequila too).

Dadawg_77
09-24-2001, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by RichieRichAllen

Actually, the entire Red Sox organization is in need of a big bagged enema. From the current owners to management, they have screwed up "royally" (no reference to the KC organization, which I pity more than scorge).

Everett is a high paid idiot who will go the Jaime Navarro route if he underperforms next year. His best performances this year have been the temper tantrums he's thrown (for which he should win some type of Jimmy Piersall Memorial plaque). He's really just a symptom of the cancer though.

If you're pissing off your bread-n-butter makers (aka, Pedro and the usually mild-mannered Nomar), you best be doing a helluva lot of introspection going into the 2002 season. This is a team that coulda' shoulda' this year (even more so than our own injury plagued bleached version Sox).

Just my own thoughts......pass the baked beans, please!

Right now the biggest problem over there is a lack of owner. The Bo Sox are owned by a trust fund which is trying to unload them. So there is no real control there.