PDA

View Full Version : Let's get Frank into the All-Star Game

maggsmaggs
06-22-2004, 11:11 PM
We should all take 5 minutes to vote for Frank because he deserves it so much this year. Come on guys, let's get him closer to Giambi.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/all_star/y2004/index.jsp

MRKARNO
06-22-2004, 11:47 PM
We should all take 5 minutes to vote for Frank because he deserves it so much this year. Come on guys, let's get him closer to Giambi.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/all_star/y2004/index.jsp
The real goal is to get him into second behind Giambi in a position where Torre can't in good faith leave Frank off. (But knowing Torre, he'd probably select Ortiz over Frank)

Lip Man 1
06-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Well remember Torre stiffed Frank in the past and with the game in Houston he'd probably say that he needs someone who can play the field, that a DH in a National League park is useless.Lip

ND_Sox_Fan
06-23-2004, 12:18 AM
I voted 175 times the other night - 25 times with each email address that I have. It is not that hard to do this year - they keep the ballot saved, and all you have to do is enter the security code again and then make 3-4 clicks.

Nice game tonight, Frank!!

Deadguy
06-23-2004, 12:44 AM
Well remember Torre stiffed Frank in the past and with the game in Houston he'd probably say that he needs someone who can play the field, that a DH in a National League park is useless.Lip
Also, in 2000, the reason that Torre gave for leaving Thomas off of the team was because he hit below .200 against the Yankees, and Torre mentioned that he personally didn't see anything from Thomas that warranted an AS selection.

If you happen to look at the splits for this season, you will notice that the team Thomas performed worst against this season was the Yankees. He struggled in the series at Yankee stadium (a place where he's called his least favorite to hit in), and sat out the series at home with hamstring problems, where he ussually hits better. I'd find it hard to believeTorre could stiff the guy who is 2nd in the league in OPS, and then next closest is Vladimir, who is 87 points behind FT.

2000 was karma for skipping out on the 1997 AS game, 2003 was frustrating since it was in his own home park, but the guys picked ahead of his were arguably better, but this year would be a true injustice. Screw Giambi, and screw the morons voting for him.

skobabe8
06-23-2004, 01:04 AM
I voted 175 times the other night - 25 times with each email address that I have. It is not that hard to do this year - they keep the ballot saved, and all you have to do is enter the security code again and then make 3-4 clicks.

Nice game tonight, Frank!!
You have personally motivated me to stay up as late as I have to to vote as many times as possible. Thank you.

BigEdWalsh
06-23-2004, 07:08 AM
That bum Giambi shouldn't even be in the top 5 for 1B. Frank is the clear cut choice by any intelligent baseball fan. Oops! Well, that explains why Frank isn't even close to the top 1b vote-getter.

WHEN WILL THEY TAKE THE VOTE FROM THE IDIOT FANS?!!!:angry:
Grrr, a little pet peeve of mine. :wink:

Iguana775
06-23-2004, 07:41 AM
That bum Giambi shouldn't even be in the top 5 for 1B. Frank is the clear cut choice by any intelligent baseball fan. Oops! Well, that explains why Frank isn't even close to the top 1b vote-getter.

I think they should still let fans vote but note make their vote so important.

RKMeibalane
06-23-2004, 07:43 AM

This a difficult situation. Baseball is the fan's game, but I agree that there is a serious problem with fans voting for players who aren't deserving. Giambi is hitting around .230. Anyone with a functional brain cell and see that he does not belong in this season's game.

I wish baseball would get involved in situations like this. It's not right that Giambi will end up starting in a game he shouldn't be allowed to participate in. There are a number of other players who probably don't deserve to be at the game, either.

Sammy Sosa is probably going to start in right field. He shouldn't be there. Miguel Cabrerra and Craig Wilson are more deserving. It's a shame that most baseball fans aren't smart enough to recognize this. For the record, I have voted for Wilson on each ballot I filled out. I want to see deserving players get into the game. If this means that fans will have to do without Giambi and Sosa, then so be it.

RKMeibalane
06-23-2004, 07:45 AM
I think they should still let fans vote but note make their vote so important.
As I alluded to in my previous post, I think baseball needs to implement some sort of "override" system in the event that a non-deserving player is voted into the game. If fans aren't smart enough to vote for the most deserving players, then they should have their votes cancled out.

RKMeibalane
06-23-2004, 07:50 AM
Also, in 2000, the reason that Torre gave for leaving Thomas off of the team was because he hit below .200 against the Yankees, and Torre mentioned that he personally didn't see anything from Thomas that warranted an AS selection.

If you happen to look at the splits for this season, you will notice that the team Thomas performed worst against this season was the Yankees. He struggled in the series at Yankee stadium (a place where he's called his least favorite to hit in), and sat out the series at home with hamstring problems, where he ussually hits better. I'd find it hard to believeTorre could stiff the guy who is 2nd in the league in OPS, and then next closest is Vladimir, who is 87 points behind FT.

2000 was karma for skipping out on the 1997 AS game, 2003 was frustrating since it was in his own home park, but the guys picked ahead of his were arguably better, but this year would be a true injustice. Screw Giambi, and screw the morons voting for him.
Yeah, three games is definitely a large enough sample size to determine whether someone deserves to play in the All Star Game. Torre is such an ass. I still laugh at the fact that everyone thinks he's such a great manager, yet this is the same man who couldn't get the St. Cardinals to play solid baseball during the early nineties.

BigEdWalsh
06-23-2004, 07:57 AM
This a difficult situation. Baseball is the fan's game, but I agree that there is a serious problem with fans voting for players who aren't deserving. Giambi is hitting around .230. Anyone with a functional brain cell and see that he does not belong in this season's game.

I wish baseball would get involved in situations like this. It's not right that Giambi will end up starting in a game he shouldn't be allowed to participate in. There are a number of other players who probably don't deserve to be at the game, either.

Sammy Sosa is probably going to start in right field. He shouldn't be there. Miguel Cabrerra and Craig Wilson are more deserving. It's a shame that most baseball fans aren't smart enough to recognize this. For the record, I have voted for Wilson on each ballot I filled out. I want to see deserving players get into the game. If this means that fans will have to do without Giambi and Sosa, then so be it.
Yeah, it's equally silly that someone normally deserving like Garciaparra but who isn't deserving this year could end up on the All Star team based on reputation alone.
My 15 year old son is having the toughest time with this. He can't understand how Thomas just based on what he's done in his career alone, not even to mention the way he's performed this year, is getting so slighted by the fans nationally. I don't know what to tell him. It is mind-boggling. No respect...:dunno:
I voted over 100 times and while I did cast some votes for guys like Rowand and Crede mostly I voted for DESERVING players (even in the dreaded NL). Including of course ALL my 1B votes for The Big Hurt.:cheers:

Lip Man 1
06-23-2004, 10:47 AM
They should give the fans a vote....one vote. This voting 500 times for a player is ludicrous.

Lip

idseer
06-23-2004, 02:55 PM
who cares?

dump the 'all star' game.

JoseCanseco6969
06-24-2004, 07:50 AM
i think that if we can muster up all those votes for the cubs sox team, give frank a couple hundred votes guys, he deserves our support!

HomerCoach
06-24-2004, 08:05 AM
They should give the fans a vote....one vote. This voting 500 times for a player is ludicrous.

Lip
but necessary if you want to see your players in the game.