PDA

View Full Version : Do you get that feeling?

zach074
06-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Do you guys get that feeling like o shi$ when shingo had guys on base like tonight? You know the feeling when Koch was in or Polite or jackson?

I dont i trust Shingo

Kilroy
06-22-2004, 10:54 PM
Do you guys get that feeling like o shi$ when shingo had guys on base like tonight? You know the feeling when Koch was in or Polite or jackson?

I dont i trust Shingo
I didn't have that feeling at all. Shingo looked in control. Koch never did. I did think he may be tiring, but never had that 'oh ****' like with Koch.

pasquasroachclip
06-22-2004, 10:57 PM
I was a little nervous because it's been so long since someone actually reached base against him!

SEALgep
06-22-2004, 10:58 PM

I dont i trust ShingoWhat's to trust? His stats alone show need for concern. He couldn't even get 30 guys out in a row. :dtroll:

Hondo
06-22-2004, 11:01 PM
I'd get nervous with Gagne. That's just me.
I just have faith in Shingo and no sense of impending doom.

chisox06
06-22-2004, 11:03 PM

I dont i trust Shingo
give me a break. Shingo's ERA is under 1.3, and hes been literally unhittable this past month. All you have to do is look at the type of swings hitters try to put up against this guy. Whats better a laser beam mid 90's fastball or a 65mph frisbee unlike any pitch in the majors. Shingo's our closer, and for the first time in a long time I have a ton of confidence in that poisition.

beckett21
06-22-2004, 11:07 PM

I dont i trust Shingo
Never. Any. Doubt. :cool:

jordan23ventura
06-22-2004, 11:10 PM

I dont i trust Shingo
He gave up a weak ground ball single and a walk that featured at least one pitch that could have been called a strike. He never looked nervous at all, and he made the lineup that took out Loaiza look confused. Shingo is the man!

BigEdWalsh
06-23-2004, 06:56 AM
Shingo IS the man! For the past, what?....month and a half... he has demonstrated to anyone paying attention how he got that nickname, Mr. Zero.:D:

Shingo! Shingo! Shingo!!:bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

Railsplitter
06-23-2004, 07:04 AM
For the past ten years or so, the Sox' bullpen had been keeping cardiologists busy. Shingo is welcome relief, in more ways than one.

soxtalker
06-23-2004, 07:14 AM

I dont i trust Shingo
I had a few qualms, though that wasn't due to any concerns about Takatsu. I've felt a strong confidence in him for quite awhile, so it wasn't anything like Koch. However, he usually allows the hitters to put the ball in play. Some of those balls will inevitably fall in (like the base hit earlier in the inning). There was always a chance of that happening. And Cleveland has been on a roll, while we've, well, been struggling.

Iguana775
06-23-2004, 07:31 AM

I dont i trust Shingo

HELL NO!:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

DaveIsHere
06-23-2004, 08:02 AM
Shingo looked great, he even made do with some close pitches that were called balls when they should have been strikes. I also think in the 10th he was tiring, he usually doesnt pitch a couple inning, but time to stretch him out a bit. Plus I love the way he gets fired up when he gets a big out I always picture him screaming "BONZAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Blob
06-23-2004, 08:45 AM
Believe it or not, I was not worried. As a matter of fact someone said something last night about the situation and I replied "Hey, it's not Billy in there. RELAX!"

Risk
06-23-2004, 09:19 AM

I dont i trust Shingo
I have that feeling with every other Sox pitcher other than Shingo. He's the only one out there who hasn't ever seemed to be rattled by the circumstances or intimidated by any hitter, no matter how good that hitter is doing.

Risk

Uncle_Patrick
06-23-2004, 09:30 AM
If any other reliever puts a guy on base, I get very nervous. Shingo, on the other hand, I have complete faith in. The guy gives up a single after getting 29 consecutive outs and we start to give up on the guy? Right now, Shingo is the only consistent pitcher on the entire staff.

Sell Jerry Sell!
06-23-2004, 09:32 AM
In Shingo we trust! any other pitcher not so much

dpbyron
06-23-2004, 09:43 AM
If any other reliever puts a guy on base, I get very nervous. Shingo, on the other hand, I have complete faith in. The guy gives up a single after getting 29 consecutive outs and we start to give up on the guy? Right now, Shingo is the only consistent pitcher on the entire staff.
Ditto. :bandance: :D: :bandance:

zach074
06-23-2004, 10:21 AM
that should be the knew line in shingo we trust put that on the patch on the jersey

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-23-2004, 11:19 AM
i wasnt nervous at all. if that had been politte or mike jackson, then yes, i would have been scared. shingo just seems to keep cool out there unlike koch. plus, he was gonna let a baserunner on at some point.

Palehose13
06-23-2004, 12:28 PM
I was only nervous when I saw Politte warming up to go in if there was an 11th inning. Then I was hoping that the Sox could get it done in the 10th.
:hawk
"They did."

:D:

Cellview22
06-23-2004, 12:41 PM
I'll tell you one thing.. that old lady in the front row was nervous! :D:
She kicked some a$$!!

I was a little concerned when Shingo let 2 on, but that final strikeout, I shouted "HOLY SHINGO"!! :supernana:

soxdave
06-23-2004, 12:53 PM
I don't get that feeling with Shingo. But unfortunately
I get that feeling with Politte, Jackson, and even now
Neal Cotts. Cotts has been lousy the last two times out

Soxdave

vegyrex
06-23-2004, 01:06 PM
I'll tell you one thing.. that old lady in the front row was nervous! :D:
She kicked some a$$!!

Hehe, I saw that.

She's our super fan. :wink:

TomParrish79
06-23-2004, 01:23 PM
http://www.makethemaccountable.com/podvin/images/Festivus1FrankCostanza.JPG
Nervous.....NEVER!!!!

Uncle_Patrick
06-23-2004, 03:34 PM
http://www.makethemaccountable.com/podvin/images/Festivus1FrankCostanza.JPG
Nervous.....NEVER!!!!
That rules!

Nellie_Fox
06-24-2004, 01:12 AM
Not remotely. These guys are clueless what to do with Shingo. I've never seen such off-balance, defensive swings as guys were taking. I was only worried about what would happen if they had to go to the 11th.