PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to push the White Sox panic button?

Viva Magglio
06-22-2004, 10:57 PM
Of course, you all have seen how awesome we have been playing lately!

Parrothead
06-22-2004, 11:03 PM
It not only is time but the season is over. How is that for panic?:angry: :whiner: :cuss: :dunno: :bs: :drunken: :anon:

Malgar 12
06-22-2004, 11:13 PM
It not only is time but the season is over. How is that for panic?:angry: :whiner: :cuss: :dunno: :bs: :drunken: :anon:What? Blowing an 8-0 lead has got you nervous?:D:

Jerry_Manuel
06-22-2004, 11:18 PM
I guess the question would be, what's considered the panic button? I don't think there's much that can be done, we've called up all the pitchers that we can call up. Outside of a trade not much else left.

CubKilla
06-22-2004, 11:47 PM
I guess the question would be, what's considered the panic button? I don't think there's much that can be done.
This needs to be done.....

:sellreinsy

1951Campbell
06-22-2004, 11:54 PM
Oh please, I bet The Panic Button contingency here had it pushed back on April 6th.

FarWestChicago
06-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Oh please, I bet The Panic Button contingency here had it pushed back on April 6th.You got that right. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

voodoochile
06-22-2004, 11:59 PM
You got that right. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
So vote again, now... I think you'll find a better option up there... And I haven't even rigged the results yet...:bandance: :dtroll: :supernana: :tongue:

Hondo
06-22-2004, 11:59 PM
Tonight would have been a big loss in the sense that we started Esty and they threw a guy out with a robust 8.45 ERA. But you don't push the 'panic button' until it's September and the Sox are in 2nd place back 3 games with 3 to go.
This team hasn't played well at times but they never die, even in loses(17-14 to Expos)
You just got to hope that attitude clicks with improved play and new personel (Please God, Freddy Garcia, another bullpen arm, and Carlos Beltran)

FarWestChicago
06-23-2004, 12:01 AM
So vote again, now... I think you'll find a better option up there... And I haven't even rigged the results yet...:bandance: :dtroll: :supernana: :tongue:I voted. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/cool.gif

voodoochile
06-23-2004, 12:13 AM
Nice to see the edited in answer climbing fast. I am just bumping this up so people can get the chance to vote. Calling all real Sox fans. Don't let these wimps have the final say...

beckett21
06-23-2004, 12:15 AM
So vote again, now... I think you'll find a better option up there... And I haven't even rigged the results yet...:bandance: :dtroll: :supernana: :tongue:
For a minute I thought this was the new ChicagoSports.com poll.

That is until I saw there was a legitimate option added! :redneck

:dtroll: <---------Pollyana

harwar
06-23-2004, 12:33 AM
I don't panic until its the last game of the season,we're 2 games back,with 2 outs in the 9th inning and i'm out of beer.

hang loose --> :dtroll:

Lip Man 1
06-23-2004, 01:25 AM
As long as the Sox remain in this division they don't have to panic but they do need help in some key areas.

Lip

Iwritecode
06-23-2004, 01:42 AM
As long as the Sox remain in this division they don't have to panic but they do need help in some key areas.

Lip
I believe this is the most positive post we'll ever see out of Lip. :D:

delben91
06-23-2004, 07:38 AM
I believe this is the most positive post we'll ever see out of Lip. :D:

I just gave that added in answer a 19-18 advantage. And I'm with you IWC, though always on a pessimistic bent, Lip is usually pretty close to accurate in his observations on the Sox. "Usually."

Philo-Sox-er
06-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Chicago: Manager Ozzie Guillen called a team meeting after Monday's loss. "We had a little meeting. I wanted to make sure they threw everything away and started a new season," he said. "It's not time to panic. You want to win the pennant? Every game is a big game for them now, no matter who we face." from usa today

Blob
06-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Tonight would have been a big loss in the sense that we started Esty and they threw a guy out with a robust 8.45 ERA. But you don't push the 'panic button' until it's September and the Sox are in 2nd place back 3 games with 3 to go.
This team hasn't played well at times but they never die, even in loses(17-14 to Expos)
You just got to hope that attitude clicks with improved play and new personel (Please God, Freddy Garcia, another bullpen arm, and Carlos Beltran)
THANK YOU!

SSN721
06-23-2004, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the added option Voodoo, otherwise I dont know what I would have voted for if at all. As much as I was ready to call it last night, once I am at home, away from the park and able to think rationally, I think how ridiculous and emotional myself and others here can get over a loss. I knwo they add up but considering where we were at at this point last year. I am still pleased despite some obvious gaping holes that I think will be mainly plugged by the end of July.

Baby Fisk
06-23-2004, 10:37 AM
I can't even fathom the kind of personal trauma the "panic" voters would experience if they were fans of Houston, Cincinnati, San Diego, Boston, etc.

"O MY GAWD! THE YANKEES HAVE PULLED 4 1/2 GAMES AHEAD! MY LIFE IS RUINED!" *breaking into a run towards the edge of a cliff*

I was half-expecting to see which one would start a "Loaiza Must Go!" thread. :cool: