PDA

View Full Version : Something interesting about Takatsu...

StepsInSC
06-22-2004, 09:21 PM
I've searched to see if this has been posted before and didn't find it, but if it's been done...oops.

Anyways were most people here aware that Takatsu's agent is Scott Boras? I had no idea until I finished reading a copy of "The Meaning of Ichiro" by Robert Whiting.

Anyways any thoughts on if this means anything about relations between Boras and the Sox? I realize Takatsu wasn't a huge signing or anything, but maybe some interaction between the big bad Boras and the Sox is a good thing. I just found it interesting considering all the talk about Boras refusing to have anything to do with this organization.

RedPinStripes
06-22-2004, 10:21 PM
That surprises me a lot. I didnt think the Sox would even say Boras' name yet deal with him since the A-Rod deal.

Unregistered
06-22-2004, 10:23 PM
That is pretty interesting. I was always under the impression that a FA repped by Boras meant they'd end up anywhere but on the White Sox roster. That STILL seems to be the case, but now it might be for reasons other than JR refusing to deal with Boras :?:

Irishsox1
06-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Boras doesn't deal with the Sox because you can't out negotiate Reinsdorf. Boras is a very aggressive agent that is used to pushing around these owners, but Jerry doesn't flich. If you look at Shingo's contract, its a one year deal. Boras couldn't get anyone to over pay, so it fell into the Sox range.

beckett21
06-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Boras doesn't deal with the Sox because you can't out negotiate Reinsdorf. Boras is a very aggressive agent that is used to pushing around these owners, but Jerry doesn't flich. If you look at Shingo's contract, its a one year deal. Boras couldn't get anyone to over pay, so it fell into the Sox range.
The Sox do have an option for $2.5 million in 2005, or buyout for $250,000 I believe.

MRKARNO
06-22-2004, 11:48 PM
The Sox do have an option for $2.5 million in 2005, or buyout for $250,000 I believe.
It's a good thing that they include those in their one year contracts. I know tonight's performance wasnt inspiring by Loaiza, but he'dve been a goner without that.

humansushi
06-23-2004, 12:08 AM
Boras didn't have much say in this as he may have wanted. Takatsu's wife had lived in Chicago for a time, attending school I think, and had a big say in it according to Japanese media here. Since Takatsu's run, the Sox have been on TV a bit more this past month, hopefully he keeps it up, I see a few more people over here wearing Sox jerseys and hats as well!!

Man Soo Lee
06-23-2004, 12:34 AM
Anyways were most people here aware that Takatsu's agent is Scott Boras? I had no idea until I finished reading a copy of "The Meaning of Ichiro" by Robert Whiting.
Several articles, including the one below, mention Joe Urbon as Shingo's agent.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040121&content_id=629977&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

ewokpelts
06-23-2004, 01:24 AM
Several articles, including the one below, mention Joe Urbon as Shingo's agent.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040121&content_id=629977&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp
mebbe boras WAS hit agent.
Gene