PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Maggs if....

munchman33
06-22-2004, 07:53 PM
We got Barry Zito in return? Apparently, Boston Gammons thinks he's available for a marquis hitter. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Kizzy08
06-22-2004, 08:06 PM
No chance, I haven't seen Zito pitch a decent game in months.

I'd trade him for a big time pitcher like maybe Sheets, but not Zito. Batters have figured him out or something, cuz he's just not effective.

Daver
06-22-2004, 08:30 PM

I'd trade him for a big time pitcher like maybe Sheets, but not Zito. Batters have figured him out or something, cuz he's just not effective.

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

Iguana775
06-22-2004, 08:44 PM

Zito has a cy young....what does Sheets have? I would be much more inclined to trade maggs for Zito.

jabrch
06-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Zito has a cy young....what does Sheets have? I would be much more inclined to trade maggs for Zito.
Good performances this year. Zito hardly has any of those.

Flight #24
06-22-2004, 09:15 PM
I think bob wells and randy myers have cy youngs too,....

Kizzy08
06-22-2004, 09:15 PM
Sheets has been absolutely dominant this season. Zito can't put back to back good innings together for the life of him.

On top of that, we already have two lefties, and I don't think we need three. Sheets is also a power pitcher, somebody who can blow the batters away, Zito is more finesse.

Plus, I think we are just now seeing what Sheets can do. I think he still has room to be even better.

p.s. Thanks daver

munchman33
06-22-2004, 09:20 PM
I honestly don't think that Sheets is available. Milwaukee would have to be insane to try him, and if they did, they'd want a ton of ML ready talent back in return. If Zito is available, he's definately the best pitcher available.

Kizzy08
06-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Well, to be completely honest, I don't think either one of them would come our way with a Maggs trade.

Oakland isn't the type of team to "give" away one of their best pitchers for a rent-a-player. They usually get about four really good prospects in return for their player. Billy Beane knows they won't be able to sign Maggs, so they probably wouldn't do that trade.

Same thing goes with the Brewers, except they want major league ready talent. Maggs is obviously major league ready, but he's not going to sign with the Brewers either. Either pitcher could be had by the Sox I believe, but not for a Maggs trade straight up.

TaylorStSox
06-22-2004, 09:37 PM
Zito's been on a downward spiral for a couple years. Actually, it's been the comparable to MB. However, Mark has really changed that this year.

At this point, I'd consider it. I really don't think Maggs will be back. I hate to say it but, he's expendable. I'd probably want a prospect or a reliever as well.

With that being said, I'd rather have Mulder or Hudson.

ndgt10
06-22-2004, 10:11 PM
They can have maggs if they give us Mulder and Zito

munchman33
06-22-2004, 10:58 PM
Zito's been on a downward spiral for a couple years. Actually, it's been the comparable to MB. However, Mark has really changed that this year.

At this point, I'd consider it. I really don't think Maggs will be back. I hate to say it but, he's expendable. I'd probably want a prospect or a reliever as well.

With that being said, I'd rather have Mulder or Hudson.
Yes, but no way those two are available. Zito is the only one they'd consider trading.