PDA

View Full Version : "What annoys you most about the Sox?"

IlliniSox
06-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Sox fans are in first in the latest cubune poll. I can't begin to effectively vent this rage, so I will bottle it up for use this weekend.

www.chicagosports.com (http://www.chicagosports.com/)

Cubbiesuck13
06-22-2004, 11:00 AM
i just saw that and was waiting for a thread about it. at first i was suprised but i am sure the cubs will be next. no biggie, helps the rivalry.

:hawk

bad blood, yes

Baby Fisk
06-22-2004, 11:01 AM
WORST. POLL. EVER. :angry:

What a steaming pile of ****. Why in hell is Frank Thomas an option? ***?! :mad:

Kogs35
06-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Sox fans are in first in the latest cubune poll. I can't begin to effectively vent this rage, so I will bottle it up for use this weekend.

www.chicagosports.com (http://www.chicagosports.com/)thats the cubune for ya. they would never do a poll like that on the flubs:angry: :angry: :angry:

IlliniSox
06-22-2004, 11:04 AM
i just saw that and was waiting for a thread about it. at first i was suprised but i am sure the cubs will be next. no biggie, helps the rivalry.

:hawk

bad blood, yesYeah, you're probably right. Now that my blood pressure has subsided, they'll probably run a cub poll tomorrow. But I'll still use it as fire for the weekend.

I've been listening to Sam Kinneson all week-Cubbie fans WILL cry.

SSN721
06-22-2004, 11:17 AM
This is total BS if there is not a Cub Poll this week. Just reading that pisses me off. Glad I will be there personally fri and sat to throw insults at Cub players and fans. :angry:

Cellview22
06-22-2004, 11:21 AM
:angry:
On the same page, there's the headlines "Sox tumbling toward 3rd" (***??)
and then "Cubs know St Louis Showdown Big".
What a joke!!

Cubbiesuck13
06-22-2004, 11:26 AM
This is total BS if there is not a Cub Poll this week. Just reading that pisses me off. Glad I will be there personally fri and sat to throw insults at Cub players and fans. :angry:
throw more than insults, bring a gun! haha i am just kidding! but seriusly i'm not. yeah i am...

HomerCoach
06-22-2004, 11:27 AM

www.chicagosports.com (http://www.chicagosports.com/)
Are you ******* kidding me? I've NEVER seen anything like that(granted I'm only 25 and DON'T LIVE IN CHICAGO) but that is absolutely barbaric and impure!:angry::angry::angry:

SABOTAGE EVERY POLL THEY EVER HAVE!

Kogs35
06-22-2004, 11:28 AM
What a joke!!
that just makes me :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

HomerCoach
06-22-2004, 11:33 AM
They're just pissed we voted their Cubbies off the All City Team, but do they realize they are just adding fuel to the fire?:dancers:

Jjav829
06-22-2004, 11:34 AM
:knue
"Hahahahah you bastards. That's for rigging my polls intended to field an all Cubs team! Damn technogeeks. Fix this poll!"

woodenleg
06-22-2004, 11:55 AM
I thought they'd be too busy ignoring us to jam a poll.

I don't know why people would get irritated - it's good when bad attitudes are exposed like this, even if the Cubune doesn't have the best intentions (and believe me, it is quite deliberate - they're probably chuckling about it as we speak).

It makes me laugh to see the Cubune, with its pretenses of being a 'respectable' newspaper, turn into a trashy tabloid because of their little conflict of interest problem.

Also, isn't it funny how there is no 'nothing' option you can click on?

Foulke You
06-22-2004, 12:13 PM
What a joke!!Yeah, I caught that as well. One loss against the team trailing us, we're 2 game out of 1st and suddenly we're "tumbling" towards 3rd. The Trib just can't stand the Sox are contending this year because it doesn't fit in with their grand Cubs plans. I hope the Cards sweep this series.

mdep524
06-22-2004, 12:32 PM
That is ridiculous!!! It really makes the Trib look low class, especially combined with that "Sox tumbling toward 3rd" headline. Let's see what kind of headlines they run this weekend if the Sox kick the snot out of their precious Cubbies.

What enrages me even more is if theydo a similar poll for the Cubs, which thy might to "appear" unbiased, the options will be nowhere as negative. For example, the options might be

What annoys you most about the Cubs?
-lack of parking around "our" beautiful, historic Wrigley Field
-the injury bug of '04 (Prior, Sosa, Wood, etc.) keeping "us" out of 1st for the moment
-wrong and hurtful accusations of steroid use of "our" superstars
-being so cute and cuddly that "we" get so many bandwagon-jumpers when all we want to do is watch great baseball at the Shrine.

daveeym
06-22-2004, 12:47 PM
except for the sox fans i'd think this poll was directed to the sox fans. (hmm maybe it is if you read around here enough) hey as long as the cubs are up tomorrow nothing wrong with it.

Lip Man 1
06-22-2004, 01:13 PM
"Tumbling," may have been the wrong choice of a word but the Sox have dropped 5 of their last 6 and 11 of their last 17.

Lip

CubKilla
06-22-2004, 01:16 PM
"Tumbling," may have been the wrong choice of a word but the Sox have dropped 5 of their last 6 and 11 of their last 17.

Lip
No kidding. God forbid anyone in the press disparage the Sox and point out the painfully obvious.

Cubbiesuck13
06-22-2004, 01:20 PM

Lip
it is a relevent story. also relevent was the fact of the cubs being closer to last than first a week ago. oh well. any press is good press. not living in chicago, it is great to be able to read about them at all.

FarWestChicago
06-22-2004, 01:27 PM
That is ridiculous!!! It really makes the Trib look low class, especially combined with that "Sox tumbling toward 3rd" headline. Let's see what kind of headlines they run this weekend if the Sox kick the snot out of their precious Cubbies.Using Trib and low class in the same sentence is redundant.

Cubbiesuck13
06-22-2004, 01:28 PM
That is ridiculous!!! It really makes the Trib look low class, especially combined with that "Sox tumbling toward 3rd" headline. Let's see what kind of headlines they run this weekend if the Sox kick the snot out of their precious Cubbies.

What enrages me even more is if theydo a similar poll for the Cubs, which thy might to "appear" unbiased, the options will be nowhere as negative. For example, the options might be

What annoys you most about the Cubs?
-lack of parking around "our" beautiful, historic Wrigley Field
-the injury bug of '04 (Prior, Sosa, Wood, etc.) keeping "us" out of 1st for the moment
-wrong and hurtful accusations of steroid use of "our" superstars
-being so cute and cuddly that "we" get so many bandwagon-jumpers when all we want to do is watch great baseball at the Shrine.
you can read past stories about sox winning over the cubs on chicagosports.com

the_valenstache
06-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Preposterous! One Chicago team pointing out the obvious flaws in the other team's organization through national media?? I have never seen that before!

Geez guys. Don't take it so personal. Although, it is necessary to point out that any Cubs fan's argument about our ads attempting to antagonize their team as a source of pride are now null and void.

"Takes one to know one!!"

What's next, wedgies? Rear admirals?

mdep524
06-22-2004, 01:52 PM
This just in:

New story on chicagosports.com comparing Wrigley and the Cell in regards to children-friendliness. Overall a decent article, though obviously they go easier on Wrigley than the Cell, especially considering the Cell is far and away more child-friendly than Wrigley.

Anyway, the last line of the article is quite funny:

The parks couldn't be more different. At Cellular, there always is something to do. At Wrigley, it's all about the game.
:rolling: :rolling: :roflmao: :roflmao:

skobabe8
06-22-2004, 02:12 PM
:rolling: :rolling: :roflmao: :roflmao:

LMAO!!!!

TornLabrum
06-22-2004, 02:21 PM
They misspelled booze and broads.

cubhater
06-22-2004, 02:24 PM
This just in:

New story on chicagosports.com comparing Wrigley and the Cell in regards to children-friendliness. Overall a decent article, though obviously they go easier on Wrigley than the Cell, especially considering the Cell is far and away more child-friendly than Wrigley.

Anyway, the last line of the article is quite funny:

:rolling: :rolling: :roflmao: :roflmao:Quote:
The parks couldn't be more different. At Cellular, there always is something to do. At Wrigley, it's all about the game.

Which game at Wrigley? The one where fans see who can throw the most trash on the field or how long someone can urinate outside the ballpark before the cops notice?

minastirith67
06-22-2004, 02:54 PM
There needs to be an option for 'Sox ownership', unless that's what 'Sox management' stands for. That would be the best option by far.

Mickster
06-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Let's go and "fix" the poll on the front page about annoying white sox....

Jerko
06-22-2004, 03:20 PM
Aren't the CUBS closer to 3rd than the Sox are? Typical Trib crapola

MarqSox
06-22-2004, 05:29 PM
:angry: The current poll on the Cubune's Chicagosports.com reads "What annoys you most about the Sox?" The options are: Sox fans, Sox management, U.S. Cellular Field, Frank Thomas.

There's no comparable poll for the Cubs. :angry: :angry:

MRKARNO
06-22-2004, 05:32 PM
There's nothing to indicate there wont be one in the future

JRIG
06-22-2004, 05:36 PM
There's nothing to indicate there wont be one in the future
No option for "Mass Voting on our All-City Team Poll"?

FarWestChicago
06-22-2004, 06:13 PM
There's nothing to indicate there wont be one in the future:knue

LOL, you think I would put something like that up about my boys? This was my revenge!!!

mcfish
06-22-2004, 06:19 PM
No option for "Mass Voting on our All-City Team Poll"?
I'm sad to say I'll never know the winner because I'd never pick any of those choices and they didn't offer a "none of the above" like they should have.

DSpivack
06-22-2004, 07:33 PM
But how could they have a poll about the bad points of a perfect baseball team?

TornLabrum
06-23-2004, 12:31 AM
How about a new poll? What annoys you most about ChicagoSports.com?

DSpivack
06-23-2004, 12:41 AM
How about a new poll? What annoys you most about ChicagoSports.com?
C'mon, that is unfair. I mean, how can you force us to pick just one thing?

TornLabrum
06-23-2004, 01:00 AM
C'mon, that is unfair. I mean, how can you force us to pick just one thing?
Naturally one choice would be "all of the above."

DSpivack
06-23-2004, 01:11 AM
Naturally one choice would be "all of the above."
Stupid me! Poll away!

OurBitchinMinny
06-23-2004, 01:11 AM
Thats ridiculous. There better be a cub poll, because every damn thing about that bunch of losers pisses me off. If there isnt one than **** you Chicago Tribune. I love chicago, but I hate the tribune so much.

SOXSINCE'70
06-23-2004, 08:26 AM
Thats ridiculous. There better be a cub poll, because every damn thing about that bunch of losers pisses me off. If there isnt one than **** you Chicago Tribune. I love chicago, but I hate the tribune so much.
Don't hold your breath.The last 20 years,its been "sCrUBS rule,Sox drool".:angry:

MarqSox
06-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Thats ridiculous. There better be a cub poll, because every damn thing about that bunch of losers pisses me off. If there isnt one than **** you Chicago Tribune. I love chicago, but I hate the tribune so much.They have the anti-Cubs poll up. I officially retract my anger.

Irishsox1
06-23-2004, 12:13 PM
What annoys me most about the White Sox and this goes back 25 years is they have talented clubs that get your hopes up by dominating during the regular season only to totally fail in September and October. As for the Cubs, I don't like Sosa, Prior and the jerk-off frat dudes that start fights in the stands. Makes going to Wrigley Field totally annoying. (I try to go to a Brewers/Cubs game once a year to root for the Brew Crew.)

Fridaythe13thJason
06-23-2004, 12:26 PM
:angry: The current poll on the Cubune's Chicagosports.com reads "What annoys you most about the Sox?" The options are: Sox fans, Sox management, U.S. Cellular Field, Frank Thomas.

My vote would go to the amount of trashy women at the ballpark. I've never seen so many scantily clad, can't take hom to mom 20-somethings in my life.

Man, if you just like the chest, then you're in luck...and if you don't like trashiness, you're not.

Of course, I'm not saying that all women at the Cell are said...but there are a lot.

IlliniSox
06-23-2004, 01:36 PM
Who do We vote for, Cub fAns or Shammy?

soxwon
06-23-2004, 11:49 PM
where in that page is the poll?

voodoochile
06-24-2004, 08:15 AM
I don't see the flubbies poll either. It must have come and gone pretty quickly while the Sox poll stayed up for several days.

Hey George Knue, I know you are reading this. I know you registered recently. I know we at WSI are deep inside your tiny little flubbie loving brain. I have one thing to say to you and that trashcan rag of a website/newspaper you work on/for:

YOU SUCK! :booty: