PDA

View Full Version : Dempster?

Sufferin
06-22-2004, 04:29 PM
Read the Trib article on this guy and it seems he's ready to go. Where the Hell are the Cubs gonna use him? Anyone else think it makes sens for KW to inquire what Hendry would want for him? The article said he hit 93 with his fastball, if he has any of his other stuff back he could return to stud form. I'm thinking he could be our #3 this year-best case scenario and a good #5 at the least. Well I guess the least would be he blows his elbow out again. Still he makes 500K tops which I believe is how much salary we sabed by dumping Koch. Don't know who/what the Cubs wold want in back in the deal, but I think we shoud explore it, could be the perfect fit in an imperfect rotation.

Thoughts?

Philo-Sox-er
06-22-2004, 04:31 PM
never trade with the flubs...if we gave up a prospect that turned out to be a long time producer for the flubs, we'd never hear the end of it. the name sosa ring a bell? there are other pitchers who can be had.

DSpivack
06-22-2004, 06:34 PM
never trade with the flubs...if we gave up a prospect that turned out to be a long time producer for the flubs, we'd never hear the end of it. the name sosa ring a bell? there are other pitchers who can be had.
I doubt it would take a high-potential prospect. I wouldn't mind it.

fquaye149
06-22-2004, 06:44 PM
I don't want Ryan Dempster

For a bag of balls I don't want this guy.

Last year he was a mess and a basket case. This would be a case of subtraction by addition.

Sufferin
06-22-2004, 09:30 PM
What are you talking about? Last year he blew his elbow out. That tends to put a damper on your year.

DrCrawdad
06-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Read the Trib article on this guy and it seems he's ready to go. Where the Hell are the Cubs gonna use him? Anyone else think it makes sens for KW to inquire what Hendry would want for him? The article said he hit 93 with his fastball, if he has any of his other stuff back he could return to stud form. I'm thinking he could be our #3 this year-best case scenario and a good #5 at the least. Well I guess the least would be he blows his elbow out again. Still he makes 500K tops which I believe is how much salary we sabed by dumping Koch. Don't know who/what the Cubs wold want in back in the deal, but I think we shoud explore it, could be the perfect fit in an imperfect rotation.

Thoughts?

Hype. I remember reading a couple years ago about how well Mike Sirotka was doing in his rehab with the Cubbies and how Mike was going to with the Cubbies by mid-season, contributing blah, blah, blah.

The same type of articles were written about Donovan Osbourne. He worked out real well for them...

When Dempster makes an impact for the Cubbies I'll believe it. Until then it's just more Cubune propaganda.