PDA

View Full Version : Cubs - Sox games

hawkjt
06-22-2004, 02:05 PM
My cousin and his twin 13 year old boys are coming in for the series this weekend. They are big sox fans and he bought 4 tickets to Sat. game for $300. We do not have tickets for Friday and Sunday and are going down hoping to find some tickets reasonably priced around the park. I know it is a long shot and hence my dilemma. If we fail on getting tickets does anyone know of a place nearby to watch the game with a couple of 13 year olds? I wish the sox would have a tent set up with tvs for the overflow around the park. Doubt that will happen but maybe Jimbos or other bars are ok with kids? Just fishing for suggestions as I am planning on needing an option after striking out for tickets. Thanks.

Tekijawa
06-22-2004, 02:10 PM
My cousin and his twin 13 year old boys are coming in for the series this weekend. They are big sox fans and he bought 4 tickets to Sat. game for $300. We do not have tickets for Friday and Sunday and are going down hoping to find some tickets reasonably priced around the park. I know it is a long shot and hence my dilemma. If we fail on getting tickets does anyone know of a place nearby to watch the game with a couple of 13 year olds? I wish the sox would have a tent set up with tvs for the overflow around the park. Doubt that will happen but maybe Jimbos or other bars are ok with kids? Just fishing for suggestions as I am planning on needing an option after striking out for tickets. Thanks.
2 years ago I got lucky and found lower reserved Box at face value. I was about 5 rows back on the First base Side right at home when Alomar got ran over and held on to the ball at home and I got to cheer with my cubs fan friend sitting right their practically in tears. It's one of my most memorable moments while at a live game... you'll need some luck but it is possible! I would say that most go for double face value down there, just don't act to eager to get in... and search around.

skobabe8
06-22-2004, 02:17 PM
My first thought was ESPN zone. Yeah, its not reeeeal close, but you wont find a place with more TVs. Plus the huge arcade they have upstairs can keep the kids occupied all day.

bobj4400
06-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Jimbo's doesnt bar kids from being in the bar if they are with their parents, but for Cubs/Sox it might not be the best environment for 13 year olds...

Tekijawa
06-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Jimbo's doesnt bar kids from being in the bar if they are with their parents, but for Cubs/Sox it might not be the best environment for 13 year olds...
The Taste starts on this Friday too, this town will be UGLY for the next two weekends especially with the nice weather that appears to beforecasted for this weekend... I really don't know if there is a good place ot take 13 year olds anywhere in the city.

SaltyPretzel
06-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Just fishing for suggestions as I am planning on needing an option after striking out for tickets. Thanks.
If the kids like parades, there's a big one in Lakeview this Sunday. :o:

sas1974
06-22-2004, 03:16 PM
If we fail on getting tickets does anyone know of a place nearby to watch the game with a couple of 13 year olds? I wish the sox would have a tent set up with tvs for the overflow around the park. Doubt that will happen but maybe Jimbos or other bars are ok with kids? Just fishing for suggestions as I am planning on needing an option after striking out for tickets. Thanks.
You can try Home Run Inn.

Tekijawa
06-22-2004, 03:42 PM
I used to live on Halsted, and from the 3rd floor apartment in the staging area (south of belmont, I used to live just south of Diversey) you could see all the floats line up... The costumes were great and the whole gathering was just so helarious... it's quite a show!

hawkjt
06-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions except the parade. Dont think that would be a hit with any of us. I have partied over there with a girlfriend and the women in her gang seemed to think it is hilarious and yes some of it is funny but after we broke up I never went back.

hawkjt
06-22-2004, 05:16 PM
Home run inn address please. I know I should know but I live on the NW side so not that familiar with some of these places.

jabrch
06-22-2004, 05:24 PM
Lots of Cubs fans there!

DSpivack
06-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Lots of Cubs fans there!
Considering most of the Cubs fans I know are of the ignorant fraternity type, I doubt it! I always thought it funny that Belmont/Halsted is in Wrigleyville for that reason.

SaltyPretzel
06-22-2004, 07:43 PM
Lots of Cubs fans there!
That, along with other reasons is why the post was in teal. :smile:

Palehose13
06-22-2004, 08:02 PM

I'll be there, but I am sure that is not a big surprise. Funny how some of you guys know about this...it's ok to step out of the closet... :D:

Parrothead
06-22-2004, 08:47 PM
I have seen plenty of kids in Cobblestones on Pershing and around Princeton. Not sure of the actual address.

hawkjt
06-23-2004, 01:58 AM
Is Cobblestones a bar or resturant and is it walking distance from the park? Thanks for any info.

sas1974
06-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Home run inn address please. I know I should know but I live on the NW side so not that familiar with some of these places.
Not exactly right around the corner, but:

7.7 miles from Cell
4254 W. 31st Street
Chicago, IL 60623
phone: 773-247-9696
fax: 773-247-7465