PDA

View Full Version : Hawk's Response to Cubs Fan

Cellview22
06-22-2004, 10:05 AM
That was pretty funny last night when Hawk read that email from a Cubs fan, I think it was around the 7th inning. She wrote in her email that her boyfriend who lives out of town is coming to the Chicagoland area for the Cubs/Sox series this weekend, he's a huge Sox fan, while she's a big Cubs fan, and was wondering if they had any extra tickets they could give away. :rolleyes:

Why the heck would she email the Sox announcers and admit she's a Cubs fan asking for tickets?

Hawk read the email on air and after a long pause said, 'nope can't help you, they're all gone'. :roflmao: Being that ignorant, I bet she thought she was getting something once he started reading her email. But then again, she probably wasn't even watching the game..

Kogs35
06-22-2004, 10:07 AM
That was pretty funny last night when Hawk read that email from a Cubs fan, I think it was around the 7th inning. She wrote in her email that her boyfriend who lives out of town is coming to the Chicagoland area for the Cubs/Sox series this weekend, he's a huge Sox fan, while she's a big Cubs fan, and was wondering if they had an extra tickets they could give away. :rolleyes:

Why the heck would she email the Sox announcers and admit she's a Cubs fan asking for tickets?

Hawk read the email on air and after a long pause said, 'nope can't help you, they're all gone'. :roflmao: Being that ignorant, I bet she thought she was getting something once he started reading her email. But then again, she probably wasn't even watching the game..
u would think fsn or sox people screen these emails that r sent

Blob
06-22-2004, 10:15 AM
That shows just how dumb Scrub fans are...

bluestar
06-22-2004, 11:38 AM
That was pretty funny last night when Hawk read that email from a Cubs fan, I think it was around the 7th inning. She wrote in her email that her boyfriend who lives out of town is coming to the Chicagoland area for the Cubs/Sox series this weekend, he's a huge Sox fan, while she's a big Cubs fan, and was wondering if they had any extra tickets they could give away. :rolleyes:

You have it backwards...her boyfriend was the Cubs fan; she was the Sox fan.

The bigger question is: what kind of Sox fan would date a Cubs fan? I guess love really is blind.

daveeym
06-22-2004, 11:40 AM
You have it backwards...her boyfriend was the Cubs fan; she was the Sox fan.

The bigger question is: what kind of Sox fan would date a Cubs fan? I guess love really is blind.
Sadists, Maschochists and highly competitive people.

Chrisaway
06-22-2004, 11:42 AM
My fiancee's entire family is Flub fans so I had to convert her. Of course it didnt take much to convert her. :dtroll:

34 Inch Stick
06-22-2004, 11:50 AM
Sadists, Maschochists and highly competitive people.
People who like their sex angry and their blondes dumb.

mdep524
06-22-2004, 12:02 PM
My fiancee's entire family is Flub fans so I had to convert her. Of course it didnt take much to convert her. :dtroll:My girlfriend's entire family is Cubs fans too...except her dad, who is a diehard Twins fan!! Talk about uncomfortable...she always tells me not to talk baseball, but it always comes up and nobody backs down!

Cubbiesuck13
06-22-2004, 12:08 PM
My girlfriend's entire family is Cubs fans too...except her dad, who is a diehard Twins fan!! Talk about uncomfortable...she always tells me not to talk baseball, but it always comes up and nobody backs down!
my g/f is acually a sox fan, i met her while living in alabama. imagine that. she is not a huge baseball fan but when she was younger she liked thomas. she has a jacket and hat and stuff. pretty funny. last year at the sox-cub game she got pretty into it. talk about sexy.

mdep524
06-22-2004, 12:16 PM
my g/f is acually a sox fan, i met her while living in alabama. imagine that. she is not a huge baseball fan but when she was younger she liked thomas. she has a jacket and hat and stuff. pretty funny. last year at the sox-cub game she got pretty into it. talk about sexy.
That is pretty awesome. I've converted my g/f to a Sox fan (she was relatively neutral before) and now she recognizes Thomas, Buehrle and Maggs. Oh, and Koch. Hahaha, she hates Billy Koch because when she knows how much I hated him and whenever he would come in she'd know she'd have to deal with a grumpy b/f for a while!! LOL. Three parites benefited when Koch was traded: the Sox, the Phillies, and my girlfriend!

harwar
06-22-2004, 12:34 PM
I married into the darkside.
Sometimes at family gatherings i have that same feeling as when going into combat.These are real hardcore cub fans most of whom actually grew up in the neighborhood of the urinal and made most of their money,buying up apartment buildings,fixing them up,and selling them for an exorbitant profit.
I,on the other hand,grew up on the border of Brighton Park & Bridgeport.
My only daughter is a White Sox fan though so i must have done something right.

the_valenstache
06-22-2004, 12:36 PM
My fiancee's entire family is Flub fans so I had to convert her. Of course it didnt take much to convert her. :dtroll:

My girlfriend's from the North side and has some true diehards in her family, but last year after game 7 of the NLCS she was yelling "Ha ha! You suck you stupid yuppies!" in a bar full of Cubs fans. Needless to say, I was proud and slightly scared for my life.

Tekijawa
06-22-2004, 12:48 PM
My Fiancee' also comes from a Big Cubs family, I'm currently trying to convert all the nieces and Nephews to the Good side. She now follow the White Sox too, mostly because she know that my rampant mood swings coincide with a win or loss, but she's always liked Harry Willis (willie harris), she told me that Kelly Dransfeldt must be wearing Frank Thomas's Pants because they are too baggy, thinks that Cotts isn't cute but Maggs and Konerko are and that Koch would eventually find a way to lose the game.

eurotrash35
06-22-2004, 01:03 PM
That is pretty awesome. I've converted my g/f to a Sox fan (she was relatively neutral before) and now she recognizes Thomas, Buehrle and Maggs. Oh, and Koch. Hahaha, she hates Billy Koch because when she knows how much I hated him and whenever he would come in she'd know she'd have to deal with a grumpy b/f for a while!! LOL. Three parites benefited when Koch was traded: the Sox, the Phillies, and my girlfriend!
hahahaha, same exact situation here :tongue:

cubhater
06-22-2004, 01:39 PM
My girlfriend and her kids moved to Chicago during the offseason. The 11 year-old son loves basketball and thought baseball was boring. He goes to a school north of Wrigley. Obviously there are a bunch classmates and staff who are Scrub fans and he was showing signs of becoming one of them after listening to their propaganda. I countered with intelligent points why the Sox and their fans are better, took him to a kid's game at the Cell (his first MLB game), and he's hooked on the Sox! Now he wears his 'Cork' and "Cubs 2003 World Series' shirts to school with pride! :D: