PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Comments

Lip Man 1
06-22-2004, 01:57 AM
Ozzie had some strong comments in a story Bob Foltman just put up on the Tribune web site:

"I wish we could go to a four-man rotation because I'm tired of 2 1/2 months trying to get the fifth starter, we don't need a fifth starter, we need a pitcher. Everybody who comes here has been terrible. They don't get the job done."
Lip

MUsoxfan
06-22-2004, 02:25 AM
If that's not a message to KW to get something done (and quickly) then I don't know what is. I thought for sure a 3rd starter, assuming anyone they would get would be better than Garland and Schoe would be on a flight to Chicago as soon as the last game in Montreal was over

Chisox_cali
06-22-2004, 02:32 AM
I'm glad Ozzie is speaking up before it's too late. He's not just spouting out BS and avioding the issues like JM used to.

Rock on Ozzie

Nard
06-22-2004, 02:38 AM
Heh. I wonder when he said this.

After the Munoz game he was talking about how he can't let this get to him, that it happens to the best pitchers, everyone gets shelled once in a while, etc., etc., BS, Bs.

Way to speak up and move for a nice 3rd starter Oz.

SOXSINCE'70
06-22-2004, 07:22 AM
If that's not a message to KW to get something done (and quickly) then I don't know what is. I thought for sure a 3rd starter, assuming anyone they would get would be better than Garland and Schoe would be on a flight to Chicago as soon as the last game in Montreal was over
Don't you remember who owns this team?? Freddy Garcia and Barry Zito will be Yankmees soon.Reinsdorf never spends money on quality pitching.And as far as rewarding position players that produce,Maggs is walking after '04.

Just the facts.:angry:

TornLabrum
06-22-2004, 07:44 AM
Ozzie had some strong comments in a story Bob Foltman just put up on the Tribune web site:

"I wish we could go to a four-man rotation because I'm tired of 2 1/2 months trying to get the fifth starter, we don't need a fifth starter, we need a pitcher. Everybody who comes here has been terrible. They don't get the job done."
Lip
I heard it live on the way home last night. He's frustrated...and with damn good reason.

wdelaney72
06-22-2004, 07:57 AM
That's funny. This "jugernaut" of an offense scored 1 run last night. They scored 2 runs on Sunday against the expos. They couldn't buy a run from the Marlins.

"We're at a real disadvantage not having our DH in NL parks". Funny, we had the DH last night.

"Nobody's gonna hit that kind of pitching". Funny, how come all of these pitchers who are "dealing" keep showing up against the Sox.

"We've lost our best hitter in Magglio. That's a big void to fill". EVERY TEAM HAS INJURIES

And let's not forget my all time favorite. One we heard the entire season last year... "This team has yet to find a groove and start running on all cylinders. When they do, look out".

I'm tired of the excuses. Every other team in baseball deals with these same issues. Yes, the Sox need another starting pitcher and some bullpen help. But once again, this team has lost the concept of manufacturing runs. Nobody's on base, and then guys are just swinging for the fences. A team dominated by power hitting, is not going to get the job done come October. The Angels and the Marlins won it all with great pitching and guys who could hit and / or get on base - not the three run homer.

Frater Perdurabo
06-22-2004, 08:39 AM
I'm tired of the excuses. Every other team in baseball deals with these same issues. Yes, the Sox need another starting pitcher and some bullpen help. But once again, this team has lost the concept of manufacturing runs. Nobody's on base, and then guys are just swinging for the fences. A team dominated by power hitting, is not going to get the job done come October. The Angels and the Marlins won it all with great pitching and guys who could hit and / or get on base - not the three run homer.

The bottom line is that the Sox, as presently constructed, are less than the sum of their parts. The Twins, OTOH, are greater than the sum of their parts. It gives me great pain to say that the Sox are just not that good.

pearso66
06-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Don't you remember who owns this team?? Freddy Garcia and Barry Zito will be Yankmees soon.Reinsdorf never spends money on quality pitching.And as far as rewarding position players that produce,Maggs is walking after '04.

Just the facts.:angry:
how are both Zito and Garcia Yankee's soon? what exactly do the Yankees have to get both of them? Maybe 1 of them, but definitally not both. And if Maggs walks because he wants an extra $1-2mil a year, then let him walk. He isnt worth 14-15 MIl. I think 12 might be over paying him, but thats my oppinion

CubKilla
06-22-2004, 11:14 AM
He's frustrated...and with damn good reason.
Welcome to life as one aligned with the White Sox Ozzie.