PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie, wake this team up!!!

Thunderstruck30
06-22-2004, 12:36 AM
Ozzie, if you're reading this, please wake up this team. The first two months of the season they were playing motivated baseball. Now the offense isn't producing like it was. We have great hitters, but they can't seem to hit good pitchers. Earlier in the year if they had a bad offensive game, they would come back and score lots of runs the next game. What happened? This team is in a slump, and it must be fixed soon. The biggest series of the year for us fans is coming up. We CANNOT lose the season series to the Cubs. And between the two Cubs serieses, we play the Twins. We need to win!!! So Ozzie, do whatever you have to to wake up this team. Tell them whatever you told them earlier in the season after the offense didn't have a great game. And do it NOW!!!!

Nard
06-22-2004, 12:41 AM
Isn't producing? We scored 14 runs two days ago, and 11 runs the game before that. Isn't producing? We lead the league in runs scored. Jesus.

JB98
06-22-2004, 12:42 AM
Ozzie, if you're reading this, please wake up this team. The first two months of the season they were playing motivated baseball. Now the offense isn't producing like it was. We have great hitters, but they can't seem to hit good pitchers. Earlier in the year if they had a bad offensive game, they would come back and score lots of runs the next game. What happened? This team is in a slump, and it must be fixed soon. The biggest series of the year for us fans is coming up. We CANNOT lose the season series to the Cubs. And between the two Cubs serieses, we play the Twins. We need to win!!! So Ozzie, do whatever you have to to wake up this team. Tell them whatever you told them earlier in the season after the offense didn't have a great game. And do it NOW!!!!
Media reports indicate Ozzie held a brief team meeting after the loss tonight. Valentin was quoted as saying it was a good meeting. We'll be the judge of that when we see the results on the field. I'll think the bats will get going again. Our pitchers need to start getting people out, especially Victor "Babe" Martinez.

Dan Gelo
06-22-2004, 03:01 AM
Is it just me, or have the pitchers just been giving up runs in the first every game. I know Garland had the no hit thing the other night, but it seems that every pitcher is putting the team in a hole in the 1st every night. What is going on with that. Buehrle, Loaiza , and Schoe have given up runs in the first quite a few times over the last 2 weeks. Montreal scoring at will? They were 26 or 27 games under .500 when they started that series. Ugh. Sorry about the rant.

SOXSINCE'70
06-22-2004, 07:19 AM
Media reports indicate Ozzie held a brief team meeting after the loss tonight. Valentin was quoted as saying it was a good meeting. We'll be the judge of that when we see the results on the field. I'll think the bats will get going again. Our pitchers need to start getting people out, especially Victor "Babe" Martinez.
Don't forget Ronnie Belliard and Casey Blake.Oh yeah,Matt Lawton,too.:D:

Hokiesox
06-22-2004, 07:23 AM
I've been wondering if the excitement over ozzie coming here has worn off, and now we're back to the status quo. Dare I say it, but what if Manuel wasn't our problem after all? Now, go back and read my posts last year, I never defended Manuel, but they're playing unmotivated baseball again. I hope I'm wrong, but the ozzie effect may be over, and we may just be seeing the real White Sox that we've had all along.:whiner:

TornLabrum
06-22-2004, 07:41 AM
Isn't producing? We scored 14 runs two days ago, and 11 runs the game before that. Isn't producing? We lead the league in runs scored. Jesus.
The problem is that invariably after we score 14 one game we score one or two for the next 2-3 games.

TornLabrum
06-22-2004, 07:43 AM
I've been wondering if the excitement over ozzie coming here has worn off, and now we're back to the status quo. Dare I say it, but what if Manuel wasn't our problem after all? Now, go back and read my posts last year, I never defended Manuel, but they're playing unmotivated baseball again. I hope I'm wrong, but the ozzie effect may be over, and we may just be seeing the real White Sox that we've had all along.:whiner:
Or maybe they've hit a rough stretch as happens to every team.

Hokiesox
06-22-2004, 08:15 AM
Or maybe they've hit a rough stretch as happens to every team.
Lip, that was my post yesterday. But, I don't think rough stretches don't include 4 hits against a division rival at home. That's called "awful." Now, I'm sure they'll get it turned around, but I don't like them getting clobbered by division rivals, with 3 more against Cleveland and 3 against the Twins next week, things need to turn around or we'll be in Tiger territory.

delben91
06-22-2004, 08:51 AM
Lip, that was my post yesterday. But, I don't think rough stretches don't include 4 hits against a division rival at home. That's called "awful." Now, I'm sure they'll get it turned around, but I don't like them getting clobbered by division rivals, with 3 more against Cleveland and 3 against the Twins next week, things need to turn around or we'll be in Tiger territory.

Sabathia was just on last night. Granted, Lee and Konerko looked especially horrible up there, but there were only 2 hard hit balls all night. Valentin's line out to right after Sabathia went nuts on the umpire, and Rowand's grounder that McDonald had bounce off his glove into centerfield. Rowand's homerun was just a reaction swing that he somehow managed to keep fair despite the laws of physics, and even Crede's double was hit off the fists and just looped down the line. The Sox hit a buzzsaw last night.

This doesn't excuse the two losses to the Expos when the team either played bad from a pitching or offensive standpoint, but last night was a case of the Indians winning, not the Sox losing. If that makes any sense.

Lip Man 1
06-22-2004, 12:27 PM
I think you are confusing me with Hal. I don't know what you are referring to.

Lip

Hokiesox
06-22-2004, 01:51 PM
My apologies Lip. I dunno how I screwed that one up.