PDA

View Full Version : AA Prospects

Nellie Comiskey
06-22-2004, 12:06 AM
It was great to see Kris Honel pitch yesterday in Birmingham(so be it only an inning). He walked one batter and faced the minimum of 3 batters in the 8th inning. A good first step...but he has a long way to go. I've seen Mike Morse mentioned on here a few times....a 6-4 shortstop who has really come on offensively and plays good defense. I don't think I've ever seen a power shortstop prospect in all my years of following the Sox. Even though he probably will not play shortstop long term it is amazing this guy has not been on the radar screen for prospects. I've also seen Michael Spidale's name on here....this guy is a gamer and most importantly grew up a Sox fan....so he know's and echoes our passion for the Sox. Jeff Bajenaru (closer) is solid and hopefully will get a looksie down the road. Ruddy Yan is a slap-hitter and is considered the fastest guy in the organization. His average has dipped so the jury is out on his offense. :smile:

Randar68
06-22-2004, 12:11 AM
It was great to see Kris Honel pitch yesterday in Birmingham(so be it only an inning). He walked one batter and faced the minimum of 3 batters in the 8th inning. A good first step...but he has a long way to go. I've seen Mike Morse mentioned on here a few times....a 6-4 shortstop who has really come on offensively and plays good defense. I don't think I've ever seen a power shortstop prospect in all my years of following the Sox. Even though he probably will not play shortstop long term it is amazing this guy has not been on the radar screen for prospects. I've also seen Michael Spidale's name on here....this guy is a gamer and most importantly grew up a Sox fan....so he know's and echoes our passion for the Sox. Jeff Bajenaru (closer) is solid and hopefully will get a looksie down the road. Ruddy Yan is a slap-hitter and is considered the fastest guy in the organization. His average has dipped so the jury is out on his offense. :smile:
All these guys are suspect prospects for variious reasons. Baj probably has the best pro potential, despite his age, he'd lost a year or more to elbow surgery. Morse has never hit until now, so he will have to keep it up long-term, and he has Jeff Kent-type range, so he is more of a corner IF'er but may be able to play some 2b, but not ideal by any means.

CubKilla
06-22-2004, 12:20 AM
And when they're eventually called up, if KW doesn't trade them all away for a few 3 month rentals that JR has no intention of resigning, they'll be emasculated for all of White Sox Nation to see.

Flight #24
06-22-2004, 12:37 AM
And when they're eventually called up, if KW doesn't trade them all away for a few 3 month rentals that JR has no intention of resigning, they'll be emasculated for all of White Sox Nation to see.
Yeah, because outside of Kip Wells, there are SO many prospects that we miss that he's dealt.

CubKilla
06-22-2004, 12:38 AM
Yeah, because outside of Kip Wells, there are SO many prospects that we miss that he's dealt.
And that little factoid you spew as sarcasm should really bug the hell out of you.

pearso66
06-22-2004, 12:39 AM
Am I the only one who doesnt miss Kip Wells? Just thought I'd ask

CubKilla
06-22-2004, 12:41 AM
Dealing Kip, or anyone for that matter, doesn't bother me.

It's who KW got for him. Ritchie wasn't worth Wells, Lowe, OR Fogg..... let alone all 3 of them.

pearso66
06-22-2004, 12:44 AM

It's who KW got for him. Ritchie wasn't worth Wells, Lowe, OR Fogg..... let alone all 3 of them.
I'd have to say it was a risk, and definitally a bad trade, but you can't seriously say that at the time you wouldnt have given up Lowe or Fogg for him. I would have given up both. Yes all 3 was bad, and that was known at the time. But only hindsight gives you the view that you wouldn't have traded any one of those guys for him.

CWSGuy406
06-22-2004, 01:09 AM
:rolleyes:

owensmouth
06-22-2004, 07:30 AM
Getting back to Morse, he and two other Barons were suspended for 15 days by Birmington

http://proxy.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1782075

gosox41
06-22-2004, 10:05 AM
At least Wells has a much lower ERA then 11.97. As bad a year as he is having now, I'm betting the sox would have a few more wins right now if Wells was in the 5th starter role. A few more wins means the difference between being in first place by a game or 2 or being 2 games out of third.

Bob

Randar68
06-22-2004, 11:28 AM
And that little factoid you spew as sarcasm should really bug the hell out of you.
Huh? He's dealt the right ones, meaning the ones that haven't turned into anything. He didn't deal Crede.

Randar68
06-22-2004, 11:31 AM
At least Wells has a much lower ERA then 11.97. As bad a year as he is having now, I'm betting the sox would have a few more wins right now if Wells was in the 5th starter role. A few more wins means the difference between being in first place by a game or 2 or being 2 games out of third.

Bob
Before Billy Koch, there was Kip Wells. El Crappo don el Pantalones! (I have no idea if my Spanish is grammatically correct, most likely not). Pittsburg is perfect for Kip. No pressure. Here, he'd have made Danny Wright look like an All-Star.

Randar68
06-22-2004, 11:32 AM

Wow, Fogg and Lowe have been so terrific, the Sox should never have taken a chance on dealing them in a risky move...

pearso66
06-22-2004, 11:51 AM

Bob
There was no way of telling that our 5th starter would have that bad of an ERA. And it's really inflated by Munoz on Saturday. Kip was a headcase, and couldnt pitch with any pressure. Who knows, if he's on this team, maybe he does have an ERA above 12. Especially with the run support the 5th starter has been getting

gosox41
06-22-2004, 12:17 PM
There was no way of telling that our 5th starter would have that bad of an ERA. And it's really inflated by Munoz on Saturday. Kip was a headcase, and couldnt pitch with any pressure. Who knows, if he's on this team, maybe he does have an ERA above 12. Especially with the run support the 5th starter has been getting

Wells never pitched bad enough here to have anywhere near a 12 ERA. The fact is Wells didn't mesh with Nardi's pitching style. Wells is a power pitcher and Nardi is sitting there telling all his pitchers to nit pick at hte corners. Location matters, don't get me wrong, but it matters a lot more for Buehrle hten it does for Wells.

Cooper is much more suited for Wells' style of pitching as his theory is to have a pitcher pitch to his strengths. Nardi's theory was to attack a hitters weaknesses.

Bob

CubKilla
06-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Huh? He's dealt the right ones, meaning the ones that haven't turned into anything. He didn't deal Crede.
Doesn't matter. The one's KW kept/dealt haven't turned into anything more than, at best, average MLB players..... MB not withstanding. How much longer are we going to be fed the company line that we have one of the best minor league systems in baseball?

Randar68
06-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Wells never pitched bad enough here to have anywhere near a 12 ERA. The fact is Wells didn't mesh with Nardi's pitching style. Wells is a power pitcher and Nardi is sitting there telling all his pitchers to nit pick at hte corners. Location matters, don't get me wrong, but it matters a lot more for Buehrle hten it does for Wells.wrong... wrong... wrong.

Nardi was guilty of mishandling his pitchers in many ways, but that wasn't one of them. That assertion is unfounded and simply uninformed. Nardi was not a good mesh for mentally weak pitchers and didn't work particularly well with young guys. Basically strolling to the mound and yelling at his pitchers "Just throw ****ing STRIKES!" when they lose command, their release point, etc., isn't a real effective method of coaching pitchers, and it particularly doesn't mesh well with fragile young ones.

Randar68
06-22-2004, 12:28 PM
Doesn't matter. The one's KW kept/dealt haven't turned into anything more than, at best, average MLB players..... MB not withstanding. How much longer are we going to be fed the company line that we have one of the best minor league systems in baseball?
Sorry, who's feeding you that line? Never mind, you're grasping now...

CubKilla
06-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Wow, Fogg and Lowe have been so terrific, the Sox should never have taken a chance on dealing them in a risky move...
Once again, you miss the point. True, I was against the Ritchie trade from the moment it was announced, but to give up on three young players who haven't panned out, for the most part, doesn't excuse KW from making what was, at the time, a horribly lopsided trade based solely on what Ritchie was and what, primarily, KW and JF could have become based on their age.

CubKilla
06-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Sorry, who's feeding you that line? Never mind, you're grasping now...
The numbers don't lie..... especially in regards to our recent minor league pitching woes.

Randar68
06-22-2004, 12:37 PM
The numbers don't lie..... especially in regards to our recent minor league pitching woes.
That is entirely irrelevant with the point you attempted to push across:

"How much longer are we going to be fed the company line that we have one of the best minor league systems in baseball?"

gosox41
06-22-2004, 12:43 PM
wrong... wrong... wrong.

Nardi was guilty of mishandling his pitchers in many ways, but that wasn't one of them. That assertion is unfounded and simply uninformed. Nardi was not a good mesh for mentally weak pitchers and didn't work particularly well with young guys. Basically strolling to the mound and yelling at his pitchers "Just throw ****ing STRIKES!" when they lose command, their release point, etc., isn't a real effective method of coaching pitchers, and it particularly doesn't mesh well with fragile young ones.
Either way Nardi didn't help Wells while Cooper would have been muh more beneficial to him.

And how do you know my assertion is 'unfounded and uninformed'? Just curious because I have heard differently in regards to Nardi and his theories on pitching.

Bob

CubKilla
06-22-2004, 12:46 PM
That is entirely irrelevant with the point you attempted to push across:

"How much longer are we going to be fed the company line that we have one of the best minor league systems in baseball?"
My point, in conjunction with my quote, was that we haven't had a minor league prospect pan out since MB..... and he was a low pick with relatively no fanfare. Our recent minor league call-ups with-in the White Sox Organization give failure a bad name. Few of them have been worth the time wasted posted about them. And if they have been, they were originally picked by a team other than the White Sox.

gosox41
06-22-2004, 12:53 PM
My point, in conjunction with my quote, was that we haven't had a minor league prospect pan out since MB..... and he was a low pick with relatively no fanfare. Our recent minor league call-ups with-in the White Sox Organization give failure a bad name. Few of them have been worth the time wasted posted about them. And if they have been, they were originally picked by a team other than the White Sox.
While I'm not defending the Sox farm system because while it is not ranked among the best (and it doesn't deserve to be) it is highly overrated. We keep hearing about all this talent and developing players yet the team is too afraid to bring up Borchard/Reed when our All Star RFer gets hurt and instead opts to bring up a no hitting catcher. I just saw the numbers by our RFer's since Magglio's injury and think that Reed/Borchard could have done better and would have been worth wasting an option.

But on the flipside the Sox are wasting options on guys like Diaz, Rauch, and Munoz. Instead of sticking with one for more then 2 starts they start shuffling everyone around. Is it because these guys aren't as good as they appear? Also, will someone please explain how bringing up a young guy who may not be ready for the majors (Munoz) to get shellacked and then immediately send him down is a good thing for player development?

Bob

delben91
06-22-2004, 01:21 PM
But on the flipside the Sox are wasting options on guys like Diaz, Rauch, and Munoz. Instead of sticking with one for more then 2 starts they start shuffling everyone around. Is it because these guys aren't as good as they appear? Also, will someone please explain how bringing up a young guy who may not be ready for the majors (Munoz) to get shellacked and then immediately send him down is a good thing for player development?

Bob

I personally think that Diaz or Rauch should've been put in the bullpen after their bad starts. The pen needs help and those two can't be any worse than Jackson or Politte are right now. Exposes them to the major leagues and lets them get accostomed and perhaps have some success.

Randar68
06-22-2004, 02:53 PM
it is highly overrated. We keep hearing about all this talent and developing players yet the team is too afraid to bring up Borchard/Reed when our All Star RFer gets hurt and instead opts to bring up a no hitting catcher. Bob, the only reason you keep hearing about them is because people like myself, Daver, Rex, Vic, ChiSoxFan, etc enjoy talking about them, discussing their merits as prospects, strengths, weaknesses, etc. If you are going to cry afoul because people discuss them and then you bitch and moan when some of them fail, then DON'T READ THE ****ING THREADS!

Otherwise, SHUT THE **** UP.

Rex Hudler
06-22-2004, 08:28 PM
But on the flipside the Sox are wasting options on guys like Diaz, Rauch, and Munoz.
The Sox haven't wasted any options on Rauch, Diaz or Munoz. All were on the 40-man roster prior to this season, so their option for this season was used when they were sent to the Minors after spring training.

gosox41
06-23-2004, 01:22 AM
Bob, the only reason you keep hearing about them is because people like myself, Daver, Rex, Vic, ChiSoxFan, etc enjoy talking about them, discussing their merits as prospects, strengths, weaknesses, etc. If you are going to cry afoul because people discuss them and then you bitch and moan when some of them fail, then DON'T READ THE ****ING THREADS!

Otherwise, SHUT THE **** UP.
Aren't you bitter??? Please try reading my all of posts first, I'll try to use bright colors and bold to make them clearer. And I love how you answer questions with the cussing.

But you're right, I never have heard of any of those guys except from people posting at this web site. Not one time has Reed or Borchard or Rauch's name been mentioned anywhere else in the world except for here let alone anyone else in the Sox minor league system.

You may know a lot more then me about the Sox farm system and who's going to sign or get shipped where or whatever. Maybe you work for the team, I don't know and don't care. But you haven't answered any of my questions directly without cussing me out or calling me names or getting all emotional. Still doesn't help explain all the problems with the Sox and their farm system.

Bob

SEALgep
06-23-2004, 10:20 AM
While I'm not defending the Sox farm system because while it is not ranked among the best (and it doesn't deserve to be) it is highly overrated. We keep hearing about all this talent and developing players yet the team is too afraid to bring up Borchard/Reed when our All Star RFer gets hurt and instead opts to bring up a no hitting catcher. I just saw the numbers by our RFer's since Magglio's injury and think that Reed/Borchard could have done better and would have been worth wasting an option.
Ya because Burke has been playing like **** ever since he was called up. Not to mention how it has totallly hampered Ozzie's options during the game.:dtroll:

Randar68
06-23-2004, 12:21 PM
Aren't you bitter??? Please try reading my all of posts first, I'll try to use bright colors and bold to make them clearer. And I love how you answer questions with the cussing.

But you're right, I never have heard of any of those guys except from people posting at this web site. Not one time has Reed or Borchard or Rauch's name been mentioned anywhere else in the world except for here let alone anyone else in the Sox minor league system.

You may know a lot more then me about the Sox farm system and who's going to sign or get shipped where or whatever. Maybe you work for the team, I don't know and don't care. But you haven't answered any of my questions directly without cussing me out or calling me names or getting all emotional. Still doesn't help explain all the problems with the Sox and their farm system.

Bob
Lock yourself in a closet and throw away the key. That way you will be less informed (not sure if it's possible) about prospects, therefore you can't cry about them being hyped.

ALL TEAMS TALK ABOUT THEIR PROSPECTS BECAUSE THEY ARE THE FUTURE!

You are some kind of dumb.

Flight #24
06-23-2004, 12:48 PM
Doesn't matter. The one's KW kept/dealt haven't turned into anything more than, at best, average MLB players.
Outside of Wells, it doesn't appear that anyone we've traded away has done much either. So I don't think it can realistically be argued that Kenny's somehow giving away our good palyers and keeping bad ones.

That said - it does leave open the question of how "good" our system was back when it was so highly rated. Most of the guys who made it highly rated are stil around: Borchard, Crede, Rauch, Garland. They just haven't turned into stars.

And for what it's worth, between fully homegrown and acquired minor leaguers, we've developed 3 solid MLB starters since 2000 - Buehrle, Garland, Kip Wells. Without any stats to back it up, that seems to be at least above average for MLB teams - just under 1 a year. The current 5th starter debacle makes it seem worse than it really is.

jeremyb1
06-23-2004, 02:25 PM

What numbers are those? Munoz obliterating AA before his callup? Rauch leading the International League in ERA? Diaz with a solid ERA and good peripherals? I'm confused.

gosox41
06-23-2004, 02:46 PM
Ya because Burke has been playing like **** ever since he was called up. Not to mention how it has totallly hampered Ozzie's options during the game.:dtroll:
I'd rather have Reed/Borchard in the line up everyday then have Burke in his 7 at bats up here to go along with Timo and Gload's offense.

Bob

gosox41
06-23-2004, 02:52 PM
Lock yourself in a closet and throw away the key. That way you will be less informed (not sure if it's possible) about prospects, therefore you can't cry about them being hyped.

ALL TEAMS TALK ABOUT THEIR PROSPECTS BECAUSE THEY ARE THE FUTURE!

You are some kind of dumb.

OK I'll get right on that oh great Randar.

I'm betting more and more you work for the team in some capacity. Are you KW's right hand man? Rick Hahn's assistant. You certainly to claim to know a lot about Nardi and issues like that without backing up with proof, but have plenty of insults to throw around.

So if you are working for the Sox organizaiton in some capacity with the minor leagues maybe you should lock yourself in a closet. You don't want to actually seem to talk about the future. Of coursebased on recent history it looks pretty dim. KW's inability to find an adequate starter and creating this merry-go-round. And why call up the organization's top prospects when you can bring up 27 year old third string catchers. I'm sure according to you it's a good thing to bring up Diaz or Munoz for a sport start to let them get knocked around so you can send then back down and use up options that you'd rather save on Reed/Borchard so we can see Burke. But of course you clearly know all as you claim. Of course that should be in teal. As whenever someone questions your logic or thinking your best argument is to insult them.

It really helps support the point your making since no one here is as intellectually superior as you.

Bob

gosox41
06-23-2004, 02:54 PM
What numbers are those? Munoz obliterating AA before his callup? Rauch leading the International League in ERA? Diaz with a solid ERA and good peripherals? I'm confused.
How about 1, 1, and 2. Those are the number of starts those guys have gotten so far after one game. Why can't the Sox orgnaization stand behind one of these guys and give them a legit shot as a starter???? Why the shuffling?

Bob

Randar68
06-23-2004, 03:00 PM

I'm betting more and more you work for the team in some capacity. Are you KW's right hand man? Rick Hahn's assistant. You certainly to claim to know a lot about Nardi and issues like that without backing up with proof, but have plenty of insults to throw around.

So if you are working for the Sox organizaiton in some capacity with the minor leagues maybe you should lock yourself in a closet. You don't want to actually seem to talk about the future. Of coursebased on recent history it looks pretty dim. KW's inability to find an adequate starter and creating this merry-go-round. And why call up the organization's top prospects when you can bring up 27 year old third string catchers. I'm sure according to you it's a good thing to bring up Diaz or Munoz for a sport start to let them get knocked around so you can send then back down and use up options that you'd rather save on Reed/Borchard so we can see Burke. But of course you clearly know all as you claim. Of course that should be in teal. As whenever someone questions your logic or thinking your best argument is to insult them.

It really helps support the point your making since no one here is as intellectually superior as you.

Bob
Dumber by the post. Is this like the "I bet you've only been here for a few months" kind of crap from before?

Get a clue, although I don't think you'd know what to do with it...

Rex Hudler
06-23-2004, 03:03 PM

Bob
Hey, I don't want to get in the middle of your argument here, but just to clarify one thing...... Options have nothing to do with any of this. Options on all of the players on the 40-man roster (Munoz, Rauch, Burke, etc.) were exercised at the end of Spring Training. Options are counted in years, so any number of promotions and demotions can occur within one year and it only counts as one option.

Back to fighting....... lol

California Sox
06-23-2004, 03:26 PM
I think our expectations for the White Sox farm system get unrealistic at times.

I love talking about Sox prospects, but the fact is that the chances that any one player is going to develop into an all star is pretty slim. There are very few "can't miss" prospects in baseball (Prior, Mauer, B.J. Upton...) and where the Sox draft, they usually don't have access to those players. Even some "can't miss" guys do miss (Rick Ankiel, Josh Hamilton, Todd Van Poppel). And some guys look like misses their first few years then turn it on (Shawn Green's a good example.) Every organization has it's share of disappointments. Look at Cleveland. They have one of the best farm systems in baseball, but Brandon Phillips has disappointed, Jeremy Guthrie is a 24 year-old who can't get out of Double-A, etc. The Sox are not alone in having half or more than half of their prospects fail to produce.

Most prospects never become all stars. But it's still fun to speculate about potential. And on the whole, I think the Sox have gotten a better than average return from the prospects they've developed and acquired in trade.

In the last ten years they've developed Cameron, Lee, Ordonez, Crede, Rowand, Buerhle, Wells traded for Foulke, Garland, Olivo, Marte, Harris, and Uribe. A lot of their pitchers (especially Rauch) have been disappointments, but their home-grown position players range from adequate (Crede, Rowand) to very good (CLee, Cameron, Durham) to perennial all stars (Thomas, Ordonez). I'm sure a few of their top prospects are going to come up and suck, and other guys are not going to be very highly touted, but they'll excell. You never really know who's going to do what until it happens. That's what makes baseball so unpredictable and so much fun to watch.

jabrch
06-23-2004, 03:30 PM
I think our expectations for the White Sox farm system get unrealistic at times.

I love talking about Sox prospects, but the fact is that the chances that any one player is going to develop into an all star is pretty slim. There are very few "can't miss" prospects in baseball (Prior, Mauer, B.J. Upton...) and where the Sox draft, they usually don't have access to those players. Even some "can't miss" guys do miss (Rick Ankiel, Josh Hamilton, Todd Van Poppel). And some guys look like misses their first few years then turn it on (Shawn Green's a good example.) Every organization has it's share of disappointments. Look at Cleveland. They have one of the best farm systems in baseball, but Brandon Phillips has disappointed, Jeremy Guthrie is a 24 year-old who can't get out of Double-A, etc. The Sox are not alone in having half or more than half of their prospects fail to produce.

Most prospects never become all stars. But it's still fun to speculate about potential. And on the whole, I think the Sox have gotten a better than average return from the prospects they've developed and acquired in trade.

In the last ten years they've developed Cameron, Lee, Ordonez, Crede, Rowand, Buerhle, Wells traded for Foulke, Garland, Olivo, Marte, Harris, and Uribe. A lot of their pitchers (especially Rauch) have been disappointments, but their home-grown position players range from adequate (Crede, Rowand) to very good (CLee, Cameron, Durham) to perennial all stars (Thomas, Ordonez). I'm sure a few of their top prospects are going to come up and suck, and other guys are not going to be very highly touted, but they'll excell. You never really know who's going to do what until it happens. That's what makes baseball so unpredictable and so much fun to watch.
Great post CalSox!

Randar68
06-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Great post CalSox!
Amen. I don't expect Captain Whine to get it, but at least you put it succinctly.

Cubbiesuck13
06-23-2004, 03:56 PM
How about 1, 1, and 2. Those are the number of starts those guys have gotten so far after one game. Why can't the Sox orgnaization stand behind one of these guys and give them a legit shot as a starter???? Why the shuffling?

Bob
i don't think any of them have shown the promise that they had hoped. even in a single start that they get rocked they can show promise. perhaps kw and guillen did not see it. i think they did in rauch. i think that is the reason why he is back up. i agree that they should stick with one guy for more than a start. it hurts that there is more than a couple guys blowing away AA and AAA hitters in that respect. if anything, it shows how bad they want to win NOW. i applaud the tenacity but think it is time to let rauch run with it one way or the other. if the rest of the staff would settle down again we really would not need another pitcher to win the division. it would help getting to the world series but first thing is first.

white sox baseball 2004: my name is cybil...

jabrch
06-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Ah yes - another thread hijacked to become a KW is stupid thread. Just what we have been missing here.

jabrch
06-23-2004, 04:26 PM
Amen. I don't expect Captain Whine to get it, but at least you put it succinctly.
We have been in the top 3 of our division, and the top half of the league every year since 1993, and have not finished more than 2 games below .500 during that time. It's funny to hear all the bitching. Can you imagine if this wasn't a franchise that has been consistently competitive?

FarWestChicago
06-23-2004, 04:46 PM
You are some kind of dumb.Randar, lay of the personal insults. :tsk:

FarWestChicago
06-23-2004, 04:48 PM
Ah yes - another thread hijacked to become a KW is stupid thread. Just what we have been missing here.I think Bob believes that's his job on this board. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

jabrch
06-23-2004, 04:58 PM
I think Bob believes that's his job on this board. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
Fortunately the only posts of Bob's I get the pleasure of reading anymore are when people quote them and respond. I can only hear the same static so many times before I get tired of it.

:KW
"Bi&%^es and M#th*rFuc(e*s"

Randar68
06-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Randar, lay of the personal insults. :tsk:
I'm still waiting for "Bob" to make his very first coherent argument or statement that has any basis in fact or reality.

:troll

gosox41
06-24-2004, 12:33 PM
Dumber by the post. Is this like the "I bet you've only been here for a few months" kind of crap from before?

Get a clue, although I don't think you'd know what to do with it...

Oh great Randar, when did I say that??

Do you bother to read or just pick up phrases and twist them to your liking. Although part of it is my fault, I did forget t use pretty, bright colors and bold.

But you still haven't addressed any baseball issues, Kenn...I mean Randar. All you do is fly off the handle and insult. Kind of reminds me of KW going off on Rauch and losing his temper. It's nice that you know so much about who the Sox may draft, who's going to sign and all the other stuff. But you fail to address other baseball questions unless you reply with insults. Makes me think I am more and more right if you can't respond to a question without insulting someone.

Maybe the Sox farm system is in really bad shape. I'm not happy with how KW has handled a lot of things and the results are showing.

Let's see if you can respond without insulting or swearing.
I doubt it.

Bob

gosox41
06-24-2004, 12:35 PM
i don't think any of them have shown the promise that they had hoped. even in a single start that they get rocked they can show promise. perhaps kw and guillen did not see it. i think they did in rauch. i think that is the reason why he is back up. i agree that they should stick with one guy for more than a start. it hurts that there is more than a couple guys blowing away AA and AAA hitters in that respect. if anything, it shows how bad they want to win NOW. i applaud the tenacity but think it is time to let rauch run with it one way or the other. if the rest of the staff would settle down again we really would not need another pitcher to win the division. it would help getting to the world series but first thing is first.

white sox baseball 2004: my name is cybil...
I just don't get how the Sox organizaiton can rate a 22 year old pitcher after one start in the majors and determine he's not the answer.

Then again look at the Sox record of drafting pitching the last 7 years and it may explain a lot. Some of these guys have put up great numbers in the minors. Why not show faith in them. They're kids. Don't destroy confidence or judge after one start. It looks like you're panicking and does nothing good for the development of these kids, something the Sox have failed in the last 7 years when it comes to pitching.

Bob

gosox41
06-24-2004, 12:38 PM
I think Bob believes that's his job on this board. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
I just get frustrated. I always thought this was the purpose of WSI, not to get insulted but to discuss baseball.

The FOBB are paying me a lot of money to do this:D:

Bob

Randar68
06-24-2004, 05:06 PM
But you still haven't addressed any baseball issues, Kenn...I mean Randar. All you do is fly off the handle and insult. Kind of reminds me of KW going off on Rauch and losing his temper. It's nice that you know so much about who the Sox may draft, who's going to sign and all the other stuff. But you fail to address other baseball questions unless you reply with insults. Makes me think I am more and more right if you can't respond to a question without insulting someone.

I have addressed, responded to, and refuted just about every one of your "points" or "ideas" hundred of times. You expect me to repeat it as often as you feel like posting the same garbage over and over?

If the answer is yes, tough ****. If the answer is no, THEN STOP POSTING THE SAME CRAP!

gosox41
06-25-2004, 07:41 AM
I have addressed, responded to, and refuted just about every one of your "points" or "ideas" hundred of times. You expect me to repeat it as often as you feel like posting the same garbage over and over?

If the answer is yes, tough ****. If the answer is no, THEN STOP POSTING THE SAME CRAP!
Actually you haven't. All you've done is repeatedly insult me or swear. I won't bug you with hard baseball questions anymore. Or things that may actually cause debate. It's clear that if people don't agree with your one line statments that should be taken as gospel then all they do is get mocked and insulted by you.

Because we all know your opinion is the 100% correct, informed opinion and anyone who disagrees with you knows nothing about baseball as you are truly a White Sox insider and know everything that happens behind closed doors in their organization.

Bob