PDA

View Full Version : Otis please deliver some good news to this weary white sox fan base

bartmanisgod
06-21-2004, 11:51 PM
Things are looking pretty down lately! I and I'm sure many others are wondering if you had heard anything new from your source? I know we would all love to hear some good news from you!

StepsInSC
06-21-2004, 11:55 PM
I mean no disrespect to Otis, because I've enjoyed his posts and he is clearly reliable. BUT, if you want good news why don't you look to the fact that we're only 1.5 games out of first place INSTEAD of towards some trade rumors that may or may not happen.

Good God only among Sox fans is falling to 1.5 games out indicative of doom.

MRKARNO
06-21-2004, 11:58 PM
I mean no disrespect to Otis, because I've enjoyed his posts and he is clearly reliable. BUT, if you want good news why don't you look to the fact that we're only 1.5 games out of first place INSTEAD of towards some trade rumors that may or may not happen.

Good God only among Sox fans is falling to 1.5 games out indicative of doom.
Don't you mean 2 games?

StepsInSC
06-22-2004, 12:00 AM
Don't you mean 2 games?
Yes my mistake...I didn't realize it was two games...that's just insurmountable.

CubKilla
06-22-2004, 12:31 AM
Good God only among Sox fans is falling to 1.5 games out indicative of doom.The White Sox are lucky to be in the League's worst division. A little perspective..... the White Sox are 7-11 in the month of June with a game against Philly that was PP that will probably have to be made up on an off day at a later date since it will possibly have playoff ramifications for the Phillies and, hopefully, the White Sox.

4 under .500 isn't good. And when an inept closer booted 2 of those losses that should have been wins and 2 more losses are against a team that a playoff contender should dominate, you have to atleast admit that there is a problem.

pudge
06-22-2004, 02:19 AM
Yes my mistake...I didn't realize it was two games...that's just insurmountable.
Some of us dream of a World Series caliber team.

Nard
06-22-2004, 02:23 AM
Take away our 5th starter (i.e. playoffs) and I'd say we're WS calliber.

pudge
06-22-2004, 02:26 AM
Maybe you don't see the horrid bullpen, the lineup that only produces against mediocre pitchers, the lack of a left handed bat, etc, etc, etc...

thepaulbowski
06-22-2004, 08:20 AM
:chickenlittle .

wdelaney72
06-22-2004, 09:13 AM
1 run against Cleveland.
Losing 2 out of 3 to Montreal and Forida.

Hardly, WS caliber.

I'm fairly optimistic we'll win the division, but I agree, this team does have a few problems. As it stands now, this team would get destroyed in the first playoff series.

Iguana775
06-22-2004, 09:36 AM
1 run against Cleveland.

Hardly, WS caliber.

I'm fairly optimistic we'll win the division, but I agree, this team does have a few problems. As it stands now, this team would get destroyed in the first playoff series.
They do have the chance of winning the tallest midget contest, IE winning the central, but unless they get consistent and better bullpen work, they won't do crap in the playoffs.

Tekijawa
06-22-2004, 09:48 AM
As long as we don't play the Expos or the Indians on the way there!

pudge
06-22-2004, 12:57 PM
:chickenlittle .
For the millionth time, I must point out that nobody is saying the sky is falling, we all realize we can win this crappy central division, we'd just like to see a team that's built for the play-offs, not a pretender.

jabrch
06-22-2004, 12:58 PM
1 run against Cleveland.

Hardly, WS caliber.

yeah - cuz no WS contender ever has a bad week of baseball.

fquaye149
06-22-2004, 06:32 PM
The White Sox are lucky to be in the League's worst division. A little perspective.....
oh man! did selig roll the dice and put us in the NL west? i must have missed that news brief.

And honestly this tallest midget bull@#$$ is getting old. It's tired and it's not wholly true.

If that's the case then the Twins must have been wearing stilts when they measured up against the A's two years ago. Especially when standing next to 8 foot tall Billy Beane and company.

Tallest midget. Give it a rest.

illinibk
06-22-2004, 07:04 PM
...but unless they get consistent and better bullpen work, they won't do crap in the playoffs.
http://www.sports-point.com/images/Jim%20Mora.jpg

"Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. You kidding me? Playoffs? We'll be lucky to win another game"