PDA

View Full Version : White Sox interested in Zito?

kruzer31
06-21-2004, 11:30 PM
This is just a rumor. Have a friend who knows a guy at FOX sports who has heard the White Sox are very interested in Barry Zito. The A's are interested in trading him and Mark Redmen. If you go to rotoworld and click on the report to the left where the picture is of Rich Harden then go to the minor league report there is speculation of the A's shipping Zito. He would be nice to have.

Jeff

Iguana775
06-21-2004, 11:31 PM
This is just a rumor. Have a friend who knows a guy at FOX sports who has heard the White Sox are very interested in Barry Zito. The A's are interested in trading him and Mark Redmen. If you go to rotoworld and click on the report to the left where the picture is of Rich Harden then go to the minor league report there is speculation of the A's shipping Zito. He would be nice to have.

Jeff
Reed and Rauch?

idseer
06-21-2004, 11:31 PM

Jeff
sox are also interested in arod, gagne, and a few others.

FarWestChicago
06-21-2004, 11:32 PM
This is just a rumor. Have a friend who knows a guy at FOX sports who has heard the White Sox are very interested in Barry Zito. The A's are interested in trading him and Mark Redmen. If you go to rotoworld and click on the report to the left where the picture is of Rich Harden then go to the minor league report there is speculation of the A's shipping Zito. He would be nice to have.Zito is definitely on the block. Of course, he hasn't pitched well in a while. But he beats our 5th starters. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

RedPinStripes
06-21-2004, 11:32 PM
Reed and Rauch?
Done!

Dadawg_77
06-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Zito is definitely on the block. Of course, he hasn't pitched well in a while. But he beats our 5th starters. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
He has pitched pretty well after a horrible April.

FarWestChicago
06-21-2004, 11:39 PM
He has pitched pretty well after a horrible April.The word is your guy is making him available because he'll cost too much and he's got a bit of a reputation as a partier. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/smokin.gif

Dadawg_77
06-21-2004, 11:42 PM
The word is your guy is making him available because he'll cost too much and he's got a bit of a reputation as a partier. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/smokin.gif
Hey I said one of those guys, Mulder or Zito would on the block this year.

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-21-2004, 11:42 PM
why would oakland deal Zito?

FarWestChicago
06-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Hey I said one of those guys, Mulder or Zito would on the block this year.Out here they say it's :smokin: Zito. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/cool.gif

beckett21
06-21-2004, 11:47 PM
I'm man enough to give you credit there Dawg. You called it.

Of course you're gonna rip Kenny a new one when Beane fleeces him and he trades the farm for Zito but you did call it.:D:

However I'll still believe it when I see it. He hasn't been traded yet.
And if he is on the block, there will be the usual suspects of potential suitors besides the Sox. But that is one more quality arm to choose from. Nice!

Nellie Comiskey
06-21-2004, 11:49 PM
I've heard for the past few weeks that when Oakland starts falling apart they will shop Zito. For a pitcher two years removed from the Cy I'm sure their asking price is a lot. The Sox should go the route of a Tim Belcher type: a pitcher who is very decent, eats innings and won't force the Sox to trade an already trade-depleted farm system. :?:

DSpivack
06-22-2004, 12:14 AM
I've heard for the past few weeks that when Oakland starts falling apart they will shop Zito. For a pitcher two years removed from the Cy I'm sure their asking price is a lot. The Sox should go the route of a Tim Belcher type: a pitcher who is very decent, eats innings and won't force the Sox to trade an already trade-depleted farm system. :?:
Why is it expected that they fall apart? Their offense may not be great but with that pitching staff, I just don't see them falling apart.

doublem23
06-22-2004, 02:09 AM
why would oakland deal Zito?
$$$
Better to deal off one of your Big Three starters for some prospects and sign the other two than possibly lose 2 or even 3 of them to the F/A market. It's been rumored that if the A's didn't feel they could contend one of them would be gone. Don't know how much stock to put into that, especially since Oakland is in first place right now.

SOXSINCE'70
06-22-2004, 08:26 AM
Keep Zito.I want Mark Mulder.But you know Uncle Jerry:
"You'll get nothing and like it!!":(: :(:

SOXSINCE'70
06-22-2004, 08:27 AM
sox are also interested in arod, gagne, and a few others.
LMAO!!!!:) :)

Jjav829
06-22-2004, 08:42 AM
I'm man enough to give you credit there Dawg. You called it.

Of course you're gonna rip Kenny a new one when Beane fleeces him and he trades the farm for Zito but you did call it.:D:

However I'll still believe it when I see it. He hasn't been traded yet.
And if he is on the block, there will be the usual suspects of potential suitors besides the Sox. But that is one more quality arm to choose from. Nice!
It's likely it will happen. It's been rumored for over a month that Beane would look to trade Zito. He feels he can't resign the Big 3 so he would deal one of them (likely Zito) for an offensive upgrade and promote Blanton.

The question is, are the Sox interested interested? :smile:

I mean, of course they're gonna be interested as any team should be by any good player that becomes available. But whether they try to get a deal done is another question.

Flight #24
06-22-2004, 05:54 PM
The Sox should go the route of a Tim Belcher type: a pitcher who is very decent, eats innings and won't force the Sox to trade an already trade-depleted farm system. :?:
Yeah - who needs Reed, Borchard,Sweeney, Anderson, Rauch, Diaz, Munoz, Honel, Meaux, Wing when you've lost D'Angelo Jimenez, Franklin Francisco, Anthony Webster, Rocky Biddle, Joe Valentine, and Royce Ring?

Or maybe you mean Jeff "In the can" Liefer?

DSpivack
06-22-2004, 07:35 PM
It's likely it will happen. It's been rumored for over a month that Beane would look to trade Zito. He feels he can't resign the Big 3 so he would deal one of them (likely Zito) for an offensive upgrade and promote Blanton.

The question is, are the Sox interested interested? :smile:

I mean, of course they're gonna be interested as any team should be by any good player that becomes available. But whether they try to get a deal done is another question.
Why Zito and not Mulder or Hudson? Because they could likely get the most for him? Just wondering.

Jjav829
06-23-2004, 12:05 AM
Why Zito and not Mulder or Hudson? Because they could likely get the most for him? Just wondering.He's the worst of the 3 right now. If they can lose his salary it gives them a little more room with which to sign Hudson and Mulder long term. They'll still get something good in return because of his past success so it makes the most sense.

I would also imagine that West's point plays a role in the decision.

Mohoney
06-23-2004, 12:54 AM

I think that this year's draft really helped re-stock the cupboard. I wouldn't mind trading farmhands.

hose
06-23-2004, 07:12 AM
If I was Kenny I would be very wary of any trade with Oakland.

I picture Billy Beane as a carnival hawker and Kenny as the gullible rube.

"Step right up , step right up, try your luck, 3 chances for one dollar."