PDA

View Full Version : *Official* We got problems thread

ndgt10
06-21-2004, 10:21 PM
Time to start a list of our problems. Let me start it off....

Bullpen: Mike Jackson and Cliff Politte should be on the beach sipping margarita's right now. Neal Cotts has been decent but, realistically, he should be in AAA working on another pitch. Thank god we acquired Shingo, or we would be in real, real deep ****.

A.T. Money
06-21-2004, 10:28 PM
We're slipping at the wrong time.....

The Cubs series is coming and we're not playing so well.

We're running into good pitcher after good pitcher, and you guessed it, Minnesota just keeps on winning.

Fungo
06-21-2004, 10:45 PM
Minnesota just keeps on winning.
You said it. That's what good teams do.

A.T. Money
06-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Yeah but Minnesota has had a pretty easy schedule.

Irishsox1
06-21-2004, 10:49 PM
It should be interesting to see how Ozzie handles this. The Sox are clearly in a funk, when they score 14 runs they lose, and when they hold the other team to 4 runs they lose. So, it's a long season and I knew that the Sox would go into a slump, but I'm glad Koch is gone, a 5th starter is needed now. Other than that, still plenty of baseball to be played.

idseer
06-21-2004, 10:50 PM

We're running into good pitcher after good pitcher, and you guessed it, Minnesota just keeps on winning.i still say it's too early to be all that worried.
magglio will be coming back very soon. koch, in large part a reason we don't have probably 3 more wins is gone.
rauch is going to surprise you all :cool: . alomar will do less and less catching as the year goes on. our scedule is much softer the second half, and ozzie is getting more and more experience.
i think we'll be ok!:smile:

Fungo
06-21-2004, 10:51 PM
Yeah but Minnesota has had a pretty easy schedule.We just got done playing Montreal.

DickAllen72
06-21-2004, 10:58 PM

Yeah, they swept the Expos.

brewerfan
06-21-2004, 11:05 PM
Ok, My Brewers are now even with the White Sox. But on the White Sox...

I've been to a couple Twins games, and frankly they don't look so good. They started off really strong with the offense, but that cooled off. Getting A reliever who can throw strikes will, IMO, put the White Sox in the playoffs.

bartmanisgod
06-21-2004, 11:08 PM

Bullpen: Mike Jackson and Cliff Politte should be on the beach sipping margarita's right now. Neal Cotts has been decent but, realistically, he should be in AAA working on another pitch. Thank god we acquired Shingo, or we would be in real, real deep ****.

Truer words have never been spoken!

CHISOXFAN13
06-21-2004, 11:13 PM

We're running into good pitcher after good pitcher, and you guessed it, Minnesota just keeps on winning.
Minnesota just lost two of three to the Brewers. We are in this predicament because we have lost three in a row not because the Twins are playing all that well.

And screw the Cubs series. At this point, I'm a little more concerned about going to the Metrodome the way we are playing.

dlineguy
06-21-2004, 11:24 PM
I am so dissappointed in the White Sox. Every year it is a new excuse. Watch the next two weeks before you correct my post with optimism. What a joke!
Time to make some television schedule changes and no more Dave Wills. Although we are both from Oak Lawn, he is a homer.
Goodbye

mendozaln
06-21-2004, 11:30 PM
I am so dissappointed in the White Sox. Every year it is a new excuse. Watch the next two weeks before you correct my post with optimism. What a joke!
Time to make some television schedule changes and no more Dave Wills. Although we are both from Oak Lawn, he is a homer.
Goodbye
Hello and goodbye all at once. So long, we hardly knew ya.

Dadawg_77
06-21-2004, 11:31 PM
Goodbye
Hey, I think Willis and Hawk learn a lesson from Harry. If you aren't a homer, you are on the unemployment line. So don't be too hard on them since they probally have families to support.

Nard
06-21-2004, 11:31 PM
The Twinkies keep on winning, eh?

Let's see. This month, they dropped two straight to the Brewers (how can you not love a team named after beer), lost the series to the Phillies (ours is TBD), and dropped two straight to the Rays before Tampa stopped sucking ass.

This month they've played the bad version of the Rays, and the Mets, Tigers, Expos, and Brewers, while we were fortunate enough to square off against the hottest team in the majors Oakland, the solid Braves, and the defending world champions.

They're two games ahead and as another poster mentioned not nearly the team they were earlier in the season.

So let's calm the **** down. :supernana:

Dadawg_77
06-21-2004, 11:32 PM
Well, you know the Sox do have problems. The great thing is every team in the AL Central is full of teams with holes.

OurBitchinMinny
06-21-2004, 11:40 PM

Minnesota just lost 2 out of 3 to milwaukee, while at the same time, given a golden opportunity, the white sox go up and embarrass themselves in montreal. Im more concerned about cleveland than I am the twins. This division sucks and if the sox dont win it, they suck

StepsInSC
06-21-2004, 11:59 PM
You know what? We're playing pretty crappy baseball right now and we're still in the thick of a freaking division title race. I swear some of you people are the moodiest I've ever seen. We win 2 games in a row scoring double digits and you're ready to get the whole team sized for WS rings. Then we go on a bad streak and you're ready to jump ship. Most women I know are less fickle!

THE_HOOTER
06-22-2004, 12:03 AM
The White Sox bullpen has been exposed--aside from Shingo and Marte the entire bullpen is horrible.

I think the top 3 starters have and will continue to preform well.

The offense is the same as usual---rely on the 3run homer---it does not bode well for winning streaks or consistency.

The bench is average, but has some depth.

Overall, the White Sox are a middle of the road team that will fade by August at the latest.

There just isnt enough talent, and the pitching depth, or lack thereof is going to be the downfall.

To continue to send Jackson and Politte to the mound is a serious warning sign---there is no one else to put in!

The offense may homer its way to hot streaks once in a while, but good pitching beats good hitting.

If we had a Gordon, or a Sullivan in the pen, we win Saturday, and maybe sundays game.

If our starters have a bad outing, we cannot pull them--who do you put in at long relief..Adkins?

jeremyb1
06-22-2004, 12:04 AM
You said it. That's what good teams do.

Wow. That's certainly a substantive post. Care to eleborate how? The Twins certainly haven't done so by playing good teams, playing at a particularly good clip anytime recently, or even outscoring their opponents!!! But hey, we're playing poorly so naturally the Twins are a terrific ball club.

CubKilla
06-22-2004, 12:14 AM
We just got done playing Montreal.
Actually, Montreal opened up a can of whup ass on the White Sox.

The AL Central's first place team swept the league's worst team.

WSox8404
06-22-2004, 01:16 AM
What the hell is going on with this organization? Oh, wait I know. It's the same story year after year after year. Let's wait until we are 4 or 5 out come July and then we will get some help, and hope that we catch the team (soon to be teams) in front of us. Hmmm. When didn't that work? Um, last year? Yep. That was last year. So you think JR and KW would have learned from that mistake and did something about it. But what did they do? Sit on their frickin hands and do nothing. Sorry Juan, you are still considered nothing because we got lucky with you. (Well if you keep playing the way you are, we might not be considered lucky anymore.)

Who would have thought we had a problem on this team before the year started? EVERYONE!!! Sure we all hoped that we could pound out 10 home runs a game, but what happens when that fails? We play like we have been playing lately, which in my opinion, sucks. The problems were numerous, and they still are. We still do not have any proven contact hitters let alone a lead off hitter. If Willie could actually hit left handers, maybe we would have one. But we don't. And when was the last time he stole a base? Lord only knows. Next is the bullpen. Who actually thought Mike Jackson, Billy Koch, Cliff Politte, and Neal Cotts would be good out of the pen? Not me. Jackson couldn't even find a team last year that would take him. Not even Colorado or Texas. Hmmmmm, that doesn't say anything. Then there is Billy (well not anymore thank God). Politte is next. Toronto didn't want him. Come on now people, that is Toronto, not the Yankees. Ahh, Neal Cotts. What did he prove before this year started? Umm, nothing. But oh well. I guess you can say we did do something to the bullpen though. If you consider adding Jackson and Politte something.

Then there is the fifth starter. Dan Wrong was wrong from the beginning and everyone knew it. Whether he is hurt or not does not matter. He stinks like my son's dirty diapers. Plain and simple. And then there is that problem of having no contact hitters besides Harris, and even he stinks at that sometimes. He can hardly lay down a bunt either. 8 power hitters is not going to do it. Can someone tell me that last time a team like the Sox won the World Series? It wasn't the Marlins. It wasn't the Angels. It wasn't the Diamondbacks. Hell, it wasn't even the Yankees. Honestly people, you know the saying 'chicks dig the long ball'? I am starting to think that JR and KW are chicks. And nothing shows my point more then what Farmer said during the game today. Uribe was up with no one on and the Sox were down 4 to 1. Farmer said that Uribe tried to go yard on the first pitch. Come on. We are down by 3, we need men on base to get a rally started. But no. Not the White Sox. All of the fans and announcers keep talking about Ozzie Ball, but I don't see it.

So with all of these problems, why didn't our leaders do anything about it? Who knows. The division was ripe for the picking, and if we could have acquired at least one guy who can slap the ball around and bunt, a decent fifth starter, and one or two more go to guys in the bullpen, we would be running away with this division. But instead, I think the division will start to run away from us, only to see us try to play catch up again. Oh well. There is always next year.

JB98
06-22-2004, 01:34 AM
You guys are making me feel like jumping off a cliff. This is only the second time all season we've lost three in a row, but around here, you'd think we were 20 games below .500. Sure, we are playing awful right now, but we're one good week away from being back in first place. It's a long season, full of highs and lows. Yeah, we've got some serious holes on our team, but so do the Twins. They play at Boston this week, so no more whining about their easy schedule. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves and relax. You all sound like bitchy little Cub fans, and it makes me sick.

lowesox
06-22-2004, 02:05 AM
It's not all gloom and doom. We're only a few changes away from turning it around.

-Kenny needs to realize the time to make a deal was 3 weeks ago. Every player on this team has been waiting for the trade.
-Maggs has to get back soon - let's face it - he's the heart of this team. -Ozzie needs to smarten up about how he manages. It seems to me, he's trying desperately to show how "cool" he is to his pitching staff. Yes, Ozzie, I'm impressed you'll let Garland go longer, but do show a little discretion.
-We need to end the revolving door of player experimentation. From Munoz, to Rauch to Diaz to Dransfelt to Darensbourg to Burke - doesn't management see, this team's strength early on was chemistry. This merry-go-round kills that. Pick 3 guys and stick with them for a bit.
-But more than anything, Ozzie needs to whoop some ass tomorrow in the clubhouse before the game starts. Because if the sox can win 2 out of 3 to finish this series and take 2 out of 3 against the Scrubs we'll be right back on course.

Wow. This was a rant. Sorry. I guess posts like this are losing streak therapy.

Nard
06-22-2004, 02:09 AM
lowesox you're right about Ozzie leaving starters in late, ESPECIALLY GARLAND. How many times has Garland been left in and given time to show his stuff and do well after he gives up some runs? This is a good thing. It's cool to leave him in for 7 innings and let him rectify his mistakes.

But that Sunday Montreal "complete game (last I checked 8 1/3 innings is not a complete game)" was absolutely ridiculous. That was responsible for the loss right there.

TornLabrum
06-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Maybe Kenny KNOWS it's time to make a deal. Maybe no one is willing to make a deal until after the All-Star Break. You know it takes a minimum of TWO GM's to make a deal. Some of the people here make it seem like he can go out and acquire players just by picking them off a tree.

jabrch
06-22-2004, 08:57 AM
:chickenlittle

Amazing how negative people get after a bad week - when we are still only 2 games behind.

Railsplitter
06-22-2004, 08:59 AM
Goodbye
We can do without "fans" like you. :tongue:

wdelaney72
06-22-2004, 09:00 AM
If you're serious about that comment, hang up on yourself. Otherwise, use the teal font.

Over a 162 game season, the strength of schedule is pretty fair. Cleveland, isn't running away with the division, yet we score 1 run.

wdelaney72
06-22-2004, 09:01 AM
Amazing how negative people get after a bad week - when we are still only 2 games behind.
The standings are beside the point. Look how BAD the team is playing.

wdelaney72
06-22-2004, 09:05 AM
Probllems
1) Once again, an offense with guys not getting on base and / or batters swinging for the fences.
2) Need for a #3 starting pitcher.
3) Bullpen - Back to reality for Jackson, Pollite, Cotts, etc. These guys are definitely getting overworked and it's starting to show.

I realize there's a lot of games left and KW will make a few moves to improve the team, but God, is this team starting to look bad.

DaveIsHere
06-22-2004, 10:09 AM
The Twinkies keep on winning, eh?

Let's see. This month, they dropped two straight to the Brewers (how can you not love a team named after beer), lost the series to the Phillies (ours is TBD), and dropped two straight to the Rays before Tampa stopped sucking ass.

This month they've played the bad version of the Rays, and the Mets, Tigers, Expos, and Brewers, while we were fortunate enough to square off against the hottest team in the majors Oakland, the solid Braves, and the defending world champions.

They're two games ahead and as another poster mentioned not nearly the team they were earlier in the season.

So let's calm the **** down. :supernana:
Thank you, maybe the mods can create another board for only positive threads

Dadawg_77
06-22-2004, 10:17 AM
lowesox you're right about Ozzie leaving starters in late, ESPECIALLY GARLAND. How many times has Garland been left in and given time to show his stuff and do well after he gives up some runs? This is a good thing. It's cool to leave him in for 7 innings and let him rectify his mistakes.

But that Sunday Montreal "complete game (last I checked 8 1/3 innings is not a complete game)" was absolutely ridiculous. That was responsible for the loss right there.
Have you looked at the pen? He thinks, correctly, his chances are better with his starters then the pen. Other then Shingo and Marte maybe Cotts, I cringed every time someone else comes out.

Dadawg_77
06-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Amazing how negative people get after a bad week - when we are still only 2 games behind.Well most fans know at this point of the year, standing mean very little. All that matters is how well the team is doing. Play well or bad and everything takes cares of itself. So till mid August, I could care less on how the Twins or any other AL Central team is doing.

Fungo
06-22-2004, 10:44 AM
Wow. That's certainly a substantive post. Care to eleborate how? The Twins certainly haven't done so by playing good teams, playing at a particularly good clip anytime recently, or even outscoring their opponents!!! But hey, we're playing poorly so naturally the Twins are a terrific ball club.
I'm sorry, I can't sit here and watch this team hover just above the .500 mark. This team should absolutely be feasting on the Montreal's, Seattle's and Cleveland's of the world. Say what you will about the Twins schedule, but they are beating the teams they should beat. We play the Expos and there's a fight at the bat rack and we drop 2 of 3, meanwhile, the twins sweep the 3 game series they play against them.

Blob
06-22-2004, 10:55 AM
i still say it's too early to be all that worried.
magglio will be coming back very soon. koch, in large part a reason we don't have probably 3 more wins is gone.
rauch is going to surprise you all :cool: . alomar will do less and less catching as the year goes on. our scedule is much softer the second half, and ozzie is getting more and more experience.
i think we'll be ok!:smile:I agree! I think the only problem is the so called "fans" who give up when there are still better than 90 games left to play! And Kenny is working his butt off to make a trade. No one in their right mind is going to trade now. They are waiting to see if they will improve before the All-Star break or waiting becuase they know they will get more in 3 weeks from now.

Stop the insanity and support your Sox!

dlineguy
06-24-2004, 12:13 AM
This will be the last post on the board and only my second overall. This sloppy, no bunting, fundamentally crappy team is finally getting what they deserve. How does fourth place sound? Another white flag trade? How about moving the team? What a bunch of losers.:tongue:

kittle42
06-24-2004, 12:28 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

Kilroy
06-24-2004, 12:39 AM
This will be the last post on the board and only my second overall. This sloppy, no bunting, fundamentally crappy team is finally getting what they deserve. How does fourth place sound? Another white flag trade? How about moving the team? What a bunch of losers.:tongue:
:troll

Any time you're ready, get the **** out...

FarWestChicago
06-24-2004, 12:59 AM
This will be the last post on the board and only my second overall. This sloppy, no bunting, fundamentally crappy team is finally getting what they deserve. How does fourth place sound? Another white flag trade? How about moving the team? What a bunch of losers.:tongue:You're right about one thing. It was your last post on this board. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/troll.gif

Parrothead
06-24-2004, 01:02 AM

This thread ain't big enough to list all our problems.:angry:

WSox8404
06-24-2004, 01:15 AM
This thread ain't big enough to list all our problems.:angry:
Unless we don't talk about them and just list them. In that case we may just have enough.

whitesoxwin
06-24-2004, 09:24 AM
Every Team goes into a slump....
How quickly the team rises from the slump shows how good a team it is.
Clearly, we (sox fans) notice a problem.
Do we have a good team?
White flag.....hmmm?

DaveIsHere
06-24-2004, 09:31 AM
People relax, our problem last nnight was a cookie of a pitch by Mike Jackson, other than that we played decent.

SpringfldFan
06-24-2004, 09:34 AM
It's not all gloom and doom. We're only a few changes away from turning it around.

-Kenny needs to realize the time to make a deal was 3 weeks ago. Every player on this team has been waiting for the trade.
-Maggs has to get back soon - let's face it - he's the heart of this team. -Ozzie needs to smarten up about how he manages. It seems to me, he's trying desperately to show how "cool" he is to his pitching staff. Yes, Ozzie, I'm impressed you'll let Garland go longer, but do show a little discretion.
-We need to end the revolving door of player experimentation. From Munoz, to Rauch to Diaz to Dransfelt to Darensbourg to Burke - doesn't management see, this team's strength early on was chemistry. This merry-go-round kills that. Pick 3 guys and stick with them for a bit.
-But more than anything, Ozzie needs to whoop some ass tomorrow in the clubhouse before the game starts. Because if the sox can win 2 out of 3 to finish this series and take 2 out of 3 against the Scrubs we'll be right back on course.

Wow. This was a rant. Sorry. I guess posts like this are losing streak therapy.
:therapy: