PDA

View Full Version : Schoeneweiss

infohawk
06-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Win or lose, I'll feel much better about Schoeneweiss if he can go seven innings while keeping the Tribe at 3-4 runs. My biggest concern as of late has been that the starting rotation appears to be somewhat inconsistent. Buehrle gave up something like six runs the other day even though he picked up the win. For a while they were reeling off quality start after quality start. The potential is obviously there. Absent a reliable 5th starter, the top four must remain consistent.

Also, is it me or does it seem like the umpire has a very tight strike zone tonight? I initially noticed it when Scott appeared "squeezed" on one or two pitches to start the game against Belliard.

Iguana775
06-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Win or lose, I'll feel much better about Schoeneweiss if he can go seven innings while keeping the Tribe at 3-4 runs. My biggest concern as of late has been that the starting rotation appears to be somewhat inconsistent. Buehrle gave up something like six runs the other day even though he picked up the win. For a while they were reeling off quality start after quality start. The potential is obviously there. Absent a reliable 5th starter, the top four must remain consistent.

Also, is it me or does it seem like the umpire has a very tight strike zone tonight? I initially noticed it when Scott appeared "squeezed" on one or two pitches to start the game against Belliard.
The ump has sucked ass this game.

but after the 1st, if Schoe can only give up 3, then it wouldnt be bad. just need some runs.

infohawk
06-21-2004, 08:33 PM
That fourth run isn't on Schoe. He threw a perfect double play grounder. I still have him at 3 earned!

mdep524
06-21-2004, 09:31 PM
That fourth run isn't on Schoe. He threw a perfect double play grounder. I still have him at 3 earned!
Then Paulie missed a ground ball on the next play. If you give a good hitting team like the Indians 5 outs in an inning, they're going to score a run.

In my book Schoe pitched pretty well today.

starboy0
06-22-2004, 10:50 AM
I don't think he pitched that badly. As the game progressed he was getting sharper and sharper. I've been at the park to see him pitch 3 times now and I would say he's a 4th/5th starter. He keeps us close enough to win.

So I have no problem with Shoney. We just simply need one more quality starter.

Frater Perdurabo
06-22-2004, 10:58 AM
He's a fifth starter at best. He's best in the bullpen in a set-up role.

Kenny would be smart to get two #3 starting pitchers in trades, move Shoe to the pen and move Garland to #5.

Getting two starters solves two problem areas and makes the team much, much better.

34 Inch Stick
06-22-2004, 10:59 AM
I was sitting in right field directly behind Konerko. I cannot understand how he did not get an error on the ground ball hit to him. It went directly under his glove.

wilburwood
06-22-2004, 02:26 PM
I think Shoenwiess can be a fifth starter he has not pitched bad at all. I would be more concerned with Buerhle's last outing than last nights. Would be nice if KW could land a good #2 or 3 man tho.