PDA

View Full Version : ESPN game tonight

fquaye149
06-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Does anyone else get sick and tired of these announcers drooling over the K-zone? Honestly. . .it's like a new toy to them.

Like when the pitch Sabathia threw a hissy fit about was barely on the edge of the "K-Zone" and Sutcliffe declared, "clearly it should have been called a strike"

You'd think these guys had never watched a game before.

lol

Philo-Sox-er
06-21-2004, 09:43 PM
Sutcliffe is a moron and should be yanked off of the air.

:notoons

Thunderstruck30
06-22-2004, 01:27 AM
What happened to that graphic that Fox Sports Net used to use? It was just like the K Zone except much better and 3 dimensional. It would rotate and show the path of the ball.

Nard
06-22-2004, 01:31 AM
The K Zone is the stupidest piece of ****. Do they not realize that umpires all have their own zones they use for the game? The way they talk about it it's like some universal code and umpires are wrong if they don't comply exactly to the rectangle.

This was the #1 defense of Krying Kerry when he threw that hissy fit earlier in the season. Every Sportscenter for two weeks later, showing the pitch, K-Zone! K-Zone!!

The Fox Sports ball tracker is a useful tool, showing the movement of the pitches and stuff.

Voice of Reason
06-22-2004, 02:30 AM
The K Zone is the stupidest piece of ****. Do they not realize that umpires all have their own zones they use for the game? The way they talk about it it's like some universal code and umpires are wrong if they don't comply exactly to the rectangle.

This was the #1 defense of Krying Kerry when he threw that hissy fit earlier in the season. Every Sportscenter for two weeks later, showing the pitch, K-Zone! K-Zone!!

The Fox Sports ball tracker is a useful tool, showing the movement of the pitches and stuff.
You mean a universal code like the strike zone defined in the official MLB rulebook?

Nard
06-22-2004, 02:36 AM
You know what I mean.

thepaulbowski
06-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Does anyone else get sick and tired of these announcers drooling over the K-zone? Honestly. . .it's like a new toy to them.

Like when the pitch Sabathia threw a hissy fit about was barely on the edge of the "K-Zone" and Sutcliffe declared, "clearly it should have been called a strike"

You'd think these guys had never watched a game before.

lol

I thought that pitch should have been a strike, but what do I know.

But, I think baseball needs to do something to get the strike zone back to where it should be. It shouldn't change depending on who is pitching either (i.e. Maddux, Schilling get a larger plate than Garland or any other guy.) I'm fine with umpires having their own zone, but they need to be close to what the rulebook states. The average pitcher doesn't stand a chance when they can't pitch inside to begin with because guys crowd the plate. ENFORCE THE RULES. :angry: