PDA

View Full Version : Alert: Vote for Relievers on All-City Team

JRIG
06-21-2004, 07:37 PM
If you don't know how, the thread on the starters should clue you in. Nice job by everyone. Let's keep it going.

Vote for the Sox (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-2004cubssoxallcitybaseballteam,1,5062899.story?col l=cs-whitesox-promo)

Jjav829
06-21-2004, 08:06 PM
Ok, what am I doing wrong here? I go to the chicagosports.com poll page. I go to the privacy tab and edit to block cookies from "www.chicagosports.com (http://www.chicagosports.com/)". I then delete the cookie that already existed in my folder. I click on a player and I'm only able to vote once. Any help?

A. Cavatica
06-21-2004, 08:11 PM
Sorry, there is no way I will stuff the box for Politte, Adkins, or Jackson.

Sox management needs to see some contrast between these guys and the rest of the pen, so they'll be more motivated to dump 'em. I don't care if the Cubs win some spots here, the makeup of the Sox roster is more important.

OurBitchinMinny
06-21-2004, 08:30 PM
How the hell is cliff polite winning? Neither teams strong point is its bullpen. In the end it will be our achilles.

A. Cavatica
06-21-2004, 09:04 PM
How the hell is cliff polite winning?
Cliff's wife has a new computer.

StillMissOzzie
06-21-2004, 09:54 PM
It's Shingo time! You can only vote for one reliever, so he's got my vote(s).

SMO
:gulp:

Jjav829
06-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Anyone know how many relievers are chosen? Looks like 6 last year. Since many people are opposed to votingJon Leicester for Mike Jackson, I say we stuff the ballot box for Jon Leicester. :smile:

Nard
06-21-2004, 10:21 PM
Hawkins looks to be getting the majority of the legitimate votes and is ahead of MJ.

Let's give Thriller some support here.

chisoxfan4life
06-21-2004, 10:43 PM
I just put in about 1,000 between Shingo, Jackson, and Adkins. I put Jackson ahead of Hawkins so every Sox reliever is ahead of all the Cubs.

Nard
06-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Sorry, there is no way I will stuff the box for Politte, Adkins, or Jackson.

Sox management needs to see some contrast between these guys and the rest of the pen, so they'll be more motivated to dump 'em. I don't care if the Cubs win some spots here, the makeup of the Sox roster is more important.Yep, I'm sure the management is going to take this online poll into serious consideration. Especially since people are allowed to vote unlimited times.

A. Cavatica
06-21-2004, 11:04 PM
Yep, I'm sure the management is going to take this online poll into serious consideration. Especially since people are allowed to vote unlimited times.
You don't get it. I daresay management will be surprised to find out we care enough to stuff the ballot box at all. But once they get over the shock, they might ask themselves why we chose not to vote for the dregs of our bullpen.

FarWestChicago
06-21-2004, 11:08 PM
You don't get it. I daresay management will be surprised to find out we care enough to stuff the ballot box at all. But once they get over the shock, they might ask themselves why we chose not to vote for the dregs of our bullpen.I don't think that poll will have quite the influence over Sox management that you thing. I guess I could be wrong.

JRIG
06-21-2004, 11:47 PM
OK, everyone has at least a 1,200 vote lead on the nearest Flub. I'll do a little more before I go to bed.

Now tomorrow I'll be at work and won't be able to click as quickly, so I'm counting on everyone else to see us through.

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

"I don't know, Mr. Munson. Are you sure this is legal?"

"I don't know. It sure is fun though, isn't it?"

doublem23
06-22-2004, 01:00 AM
You know, I've criticized the Sox brass for just about everything, but I can't believe someone would actually utter the phrase, "You know, this Politte guy gives up a run or two every inning he pitches, but he did get over 6,000 votes in the Tribune's online poll... Give him a 10-year extension. He's gold, baby!"

:rolleyes:

MUsoxfan
06-22-2004, 01:58 AM
This is great. The Tribune is gonna be pissed that their "serious" poll has turned into nothing but a joke. My congratulations to them on a well thought out system.

Tekijawa
06-22-2004, 08:33 AM
With all the fans those Cubbies have you think at least one of them would try "stuffing"... Must be rough to be the silent majority!

Rocky Soprano
06-22-2004, 11:19 AM
This is getting too easy. :D:

SSN721
06-22-2004, 01:02 PM
Wow, must have worn them down yesterday. I guess we cheat better. :D:

Rocky Soprano
06-22-2004, 01:09 PM
Wow, must have worn them down yesterday. I guess we cheat better. :D:
I guess so. Can you imagine their faces when they go and vote and see how much they are being wooped by. :D:

SSN721
06-22-2004, 01:31 PM
I guess so. Can you imagine their faces when they go and vote and see how much they are being wooped by. :D:

There was a funny thread on CubsTalk.com about the voting, pretty much arose after Olivo won. THey were very upset, tried to mobilize voters, obviously didnt work. :smile: But since they lost they wrote it off as being irrelevant and their players are all better. It is rather irrelevant, but still fun. :bandance: And I do agree that the Sox players are obviouslyt not the best at every position, but this is a biased website, right? :D:

WinningUgly!
06-22-2004, 01:41 PM
I think it's time to bump LaTroya down. I predict a big surge for Jon Leicester.

:) :supernana: :)

Rocky Soprano
06-22-2004, 01:49 PM
I think it's time to bump LaTroya down. I predict a big surge for Jon Leicester.

:) :supernana: :)
I'll help.

WinningUgly!
06-22-2004, 02:08 PM
I'll help.
*****! Leicester is now 1000+ ahead of Hawkins.:bandance: :) :bandance:

SSN721
06-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Noice, good job. I did what I can, cant use all the tricks since I am at work. :D:

Rocky Soprano
06-22-2004, 02:13 PM
*****! Leicester is now 1000+ ahead of Hawkins.:bandance: :) :bandance:
LMAO! This is too much fun and way too easy. :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

sas1974
06-22-2004, 02:21 PM
I am surprised more trolls haven't hopped on to whine about our antics. I love it!:D:

mcfish
06-22-2004, 03:16 PM
This is fun. I'm getting Shingo a couple thousand votes right now because, at least in my opinion, he has been by far the best reliever in Chicago this year. I also bumped Marte up a thousand or so. I wish I would have learned how to do this for the infield voting. Oh well, looks like I'll have to devote all my attention to keeping Sham-me down.