PDA

View Full Version : KW on am 1000

rwcescato
06-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Hey did anyone hear KW on am1000 this afternoon. I missed it, but they mentioned for a minute about the Sox offering Maggs a big contract. They did not go into details. Does anyone have anymore details?
Rich

bobj4400
06-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Hey did anyone hear KW on am1000 this afternoon. I missed it, but they mentioned for a minute about the Sox offering Maggs a big contract. They did not go into details. Does anyone have anymore details?
Rich
He didnt say anything interesting. When it came to Maggs he kind of laughed off Harry's suggestion/question regarding trading Maggs if it is obvious he cant sign him. Nothing really new to report...

PaleHoseGeorge
06-21-2004, 06:20 PM
Rich
A *big* contract offer, eh? Did the interviewer ask a follow up question to clarify this point? You know, something like, "Kenny does 'big' mean 3 or 4 sheets of legal-sized paper all taped together?"

:KW
"It was a big contract. I mean a *really* big contract."

:fans
"HOW BIG WAS IT?"

:KW
"It was soooo big...."

:reinsy
"Hey, my handshake is my bond, okay?"

:)

illinibk
06-21-2004, 07:13 PM
A *big* contract offer, eh? Did the interviewer ask a follow up question to clarify this point? You know, something like, "Kenny does 'big' mean 3 or 4 sheets of legal-sized paper all taped together?"

It would have to be that big in order to list all of the triggers that would defer a large amount of the salary

npdempse
06-22-2004, 01:31 AM
Does anybody have any idea who he was talking about when he said he had a 5th starter trade lined up, but then it got nixed by injuries on that other team?

JB98
06-22-2004, 01:37 AM
Does anybody have any idea who he was talking about when he said he had a 5th starter trade lined up, but then it got nixed by injuries on that other team?
I'll take an educated guess at that question: Jose Contreras.

The Yankees may be reluctant to make the move because of injuries to Brown and Mussina.