PDA

View Full Version : Futures Game Rosters Set

Randar68
06-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Sox prospects Jeremy Reed (no surprise) was selected to the US roster, and Arnie Munoz was selected to the Word Team roster.

The Futures Game is set to be played on All-Star Sunday, July 11th. The game will be shown at 3:00 pm CDT on ESPN2, live from Minute Maid Park.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/040621fg.html

Fungo
06-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Congratulations to the Dirtbag and Arnie. The only other player I saw with any White Sox connections was Humberto Quintero who we traded along with OF Alex Fernandez to San Diego for D'Angelo Jimenez.

California Sox
06-21-2004, 01:35 PM
Sox prospects Jeremy Reed (no surprise) was selected to the US roster, and Arnie Munoz was selected to the Word Team roster.
Actually I was mildly surprised. I expected Brian Anderson to be one of the Sox representatives. He's the most athletic guy I've seen in a Sox uniform (albeit spring training uni) since Cameron. Kid's gonna be a player.

Randar68
06-21-2004, 01:42 PM
Actually I was mildly surprised. I expected Brian Anderson to be one of the Sox representatives. He's the most athletic guy I've seen in a Sox uniform (albeit spring training uni) since Cameron. Kid's gonna be a player.
This game is primarily for higher-level prospects. Only the VERY top prospects in baseball from the A level ever really make it to this game. It is a showcase for the syoung tars of the next couple years.

DrummerGeorgefan
06-21-2004, 09:02 PM
This game is primarily for higher-level prospects. Only the VERY top prospects in baseball from the A level ever really make it to this game. It is a showcase for the syoung tars of the next couple years.
Yep, but some of our top A-ball prospect pitchers may be able to make it to the big leagues by the end of the season to see if we can find a 5th starter

ewokpelts
06-23-2004, 01:41 AM
Congratulations to the Dirtbag and Arnie. The only other player I saw with any White Sox connections was Humberto Quintero who we traded along with OF Alex Fernandez to San Diego for D'Angelo Jimenez.
dirtbag?
Gene

Fungo
06-23-2004, 08:52 AM
dirtbag?
GeneReed went to Long Beach State. The Dirtbags.