PDA

View Full Version : C.C. Sabathia: Stylin' Dude or Rodeo Clown?

Baby Fisk
06-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Call me a traditionalist, but I hate the way C.C. Sabathia wears his uniform. It's not so much the baggy pants, which several players have taken to. It's the idiotic 3/4 rotation of his cap. Sure it's "cool", but what about respecting your uniform? Am I right to be annoyed by this or should I just go and get a drink and think about nice places I'd like to visit someday? :rolleyes:

DaveIsHere
06-21-2004, 11:41 AM
Call me a traditionalist, but I hate the way C.C. Sabathia wears his uniform. It's not so much the baggy pants, which several players have taken to. It's the idiotic 3/4 rotation of his cap. Sure it's "cool", but what about respecting your uniform? Am I right to be annoyed by this or should I just go and get a drink and think about nice places I'd like to visit someday? :rolleyes:
It will annoy you even more when he shuts u sout tonight and we are in thrid place by the end of the weekend

SOXPHILE
06-21-2004, 10:35 PM
I agree. He's a good pitcher, but you must have read my mind, because I was thinking the exact same thing. He looked like an idiot with the cap pulled WAY low, and turned sort of sideways. What's with the Tribe ? I noticed Matt Lawton and Coco Crisp had the same thing going. Is it some sort of "We're all Together" thing ? And what was the "NB" he had written on the front of the hat ? At first, I thought it was "MB", and he was paying homage to that selfish loudmouth Milton Bradley, who they launched earlier this year. :?:

Baby Fisk
06-22-2004, 08:29 AM
I agree. He's a good pitcher, but you must have read my mind, because I was thinking the exact same thing. He looked like an idiot with the cap pulled WAY low, and turned sort of sideways. What's with the Tribe ? I noticed Matt Lawton and Coco Crisp had the same thing going. Is it some sort of "We're all Together" thing ? And what was the "NB" he had written on the front of the hat ? At first, I thought it was "MB", and he was paying homage to that selfish loudmouth Milton Bradley, who they launched earlier this year. :?:The ESPN guys explained that the NB on Sabathia's cap was in tribute to his cousin who passed away last week.

delben91
06-22-2004, 08:59 AM

The 3/4 tilt on the cap on Crisp is one of the most absurd things I've ever seen in centerfield. Only Rowand's defense surpasses it.

Over By There
06-24-2004, 02:42 PM
If it were my franchise, I wouldn't let my players disrespect the uniform like that. I seem to remember from a couple years ago when they signed Giambi, that Steinbrenner wouldn't even let his players wear their hair long or have facial hair.

IMO, one should be honored to wear the uniform (even a Cleveland one :tongue: ) and show respect to the players who wore it before, not make it into some personal statement. I won't even get in to Belliard (pretty sure it was him) last night wearing a Colorado Rockies do-rag under his Indians cap. What a joke these guys are.

duke of dorwood
06-24-2004, 03:03 PM
Too fat to be Bozo

The gang stuff doesnt belong on any field

Palehose13
06-24-2004, 03:09 PM
Fool, as well as anyone else who wears their uni/hat like that.

It must not bother the Indians cause I am sure that they can easily make some rules. For example, I believe the Phillies have a "no facial hair" rul while the Sox seem to have a "you must have facial hair" rule (except Frank, of course...)

idseer
06-24-2004, 03:50 PM
in my 59 years i've seen a lot of 'idiotic' attires. most of them became the norm against my personal wishes.
but still .... i think he just looks like a slob!