PDA

View Full Version : Standings Perspective

Philo-Sox-er
06-21-2004, 10:04 AM
It is a bit deceiving looking at the standings and seeing that the Sox are only 1 1/2 games back. The Twins are 38-30 and the Sox are 35-30. That means, the Twins have played and won 3 more games than the Sox. We have to play three more games and win them all just to stay even with the Twins. This heightens the pressure on the Sox to put together a winning streak, I think. This may also come down to a makeup game against the Phillies later in the year.

DaveIsHere
06-21-2004, 10:14 AM
It is a bit deceiving looking at the standings and seeing that the Sox are only 1 1/2 games back. The Twins are 38-30 and the Sox are 35-30. That means, the Twins have played and won 3 more games than the Sox. We have to play three more games and win them all just to stay even with the Twins. This heightens the pressure on the Sox to put together a winning streak, I think. This may also come down to a makeup game against the Phillies later in the year.
Yeah we should have been leading by quitea bit, and I have a feling that we will be looking back a the past 2 road trips shaking our heads once again at the Twins wondering did they beat us or did we beat ourselves

Railsplitter
06-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Especially since the Sox have been inconsitent. They play good ball for a couple weeks, then go in a funk for the next two, then start the cycle all over agian.

Philo-Sox-er
06-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Tonight's game, when the Twins had a day off, is precisely what I was talking about. We lost one of the games the Twins have already won. 2 games back--crap!